whos the funnest character to play as?

#11SidewalkaPosted 1/10/2013 8:21:04 PM
Choose Spike, spam Bananas ... "This is true Power!"
#12LightEcoSagePosted 1/10/2013 8:28:52 PM(edited)
Retroxgamer0 posted...
im a bigger fan of ratchet and clank and sly cooper series than jak series honestly..i find those games pretty fustrating trial and error. sometimes i just quit and get annoyed.

This isn't about his game series but thanks for pointing that out because now I see why you left out Jak. You left him out because of your opinion(which I highly disagree with) on his series. This is All Stars not his game so your answer and opinion is irrelevant to All Stars which means Jak should be in there :)
---
I love how blocked people like NDGamer thinks he's getting the last word or wins an argument just cause I can't reply back lol.
#13JayXZPosted 1/10/2013 8:26:09 PM
Winnning as Dante is really rewarding.
#14CrabhammarPosted 1/10/2013 8:27:34 PM
LightEcoSage posted...
Retroxgamer0 posted...
my vote goes to raiden, sly, ratchet, or spike. toro is pretty fun as well.

So you have Sly and Ratchet but no Jak? ok.

Jak.

wtf
---
Sent from my iPhone via PowerFAQs 1.9... if you use PowerFAQs, ask me how to change your quoting style STAT!
PSN: Bluechacho
#15Retroxgamer0(Topic Creator)Posted 1/10/2013 8:32:49 PM(edited)
LightEcoSage posted...
Retroxgamer0 posted...
im a bigger fan of ratchet and clank and sly cooper series than jak series honestly..i find those games pretty fustrating trial and error. sometimes i just quit and get annoyed.

This isn't about his game series but thanks for pointing that out because now I see why you left out Jak. You left him out because of his series. This is All Stars not his game so your answer and opinion is irrelevant to All Stars which means Jak should be in there :)

thats true i am bias against jaks series if we're talking about great playstation classics, but really the reason is that i feel he is rather shallow. mostly when i use jak i just spam forward triangles and down circles to get range, and fire a neutral circle occasionally...then i hit a lvl3 every match and a few level 1s. it feels really straight forward and my strategy basically never changes, and half of his moves go unused because i feel theyre balanced poorly. most of jak's circle moves are very situational and most of his triangle moves dont generate enough ap to use more than sparingly, therefore he feels shallow and easy to me with a limited moveset.

now his games are a different story. i can respect the classics and the challenge, but they feel archiac in design to todays standards. repetitive trial and error with little variety. sly manages to do it better, by having variety, and the minigames while challenging never feel like an absolute chore, or make me want to just throw my controller. plus i know theyre laid out well, and ill be back to the stealthy platforming soon :)
#16robulastagePosted 1/10/2013 8:29:08 PM
LightEcoSage posted...
Retroxgamer0 posted...

This isn't about his game series but thanks for pointing that out because now I see why you left out Jak. You left him out because of his series. This is All Stars not his game so your answer and opinion is irrelevant to All Stars which means Jak should be in there :)

Speaking of the Jak games, I saw Gamestop has a bogo sale on PS2 games. Not sure if it's active in stores, so I'm thinking of ordering the first two games. Used though...

Anyway, Jak's actually pretty fun. I think of him as kind of an underdog bc of his very non-op level 1 and level 2. He has enough moves to make himself a viable threat to even the spammiest of Sly, Kratos, Drake, Radec, etc users.
---
3DS FC: 4253-3586-3727
#17LightEcoSagePosted 1/10/2013 8:37:27 PM(edited)
Retroxgamer0 posted...
LightEcoSage posted...
Retroxgamer0 posted...

This isn't about his game series but thanks for pointing that out because now I see why you left out Jak. You left him out because of your opinion(which I highly disagree with) on his series. This is All Stars not his game so your answer and opinion is irrelevant to All Stars which means Jak should be in there :)

thats true i am bias against jaks series if we're talking about great playstation classics, but really the reason is that i feel he is rather shallow. mostly when i use jak i just spam forward triangles and down circles to get range, and fire a neutral circle occasionally...then i hit a lvl3 every match and a few level 1s. it feels really straight forward and my strategy basically never changes, and half of his moves go unused because i feel theyre balanced poorly. most of jak's circle moves are very situational and most of his triangle moves dont generate enough ap to use more than sparingly, therefore he feels shallow and easy to me.

now his games are a different story. i can respect the classics and the challenge, but they feel archiac in design to todays standards. repetitive trial and error with little variety. sly manages to do it better, by having variety, and the minigames while challenging never feel like an absolute chore, or make me want to just throw my controller. plus i know theyre laid out well, and ill be back to the stealthy platforming soon :)

M shame on how you think he is not a great classic. As I said this is about characters who are just fun nothing about AP gain or winning matches. In terms of fun Jak should be in here. His moves are fun to use overall period. Jak is not only straight forward btw :)

Some of the other things about his moves you said though was right about him being designed poorly from his series..

Completely disagree! with the bottom portion. Thats your opinion though so w/e.
---
I love how blocked people like NDGamer thinks he's getting the last word or wins an argument just cause I can't reply back lol.
#18Retroxgamer0(Topic Creator)Posted 1/10/2013 8:33:59 PM
also jak 2 is a stupid gta clone and its way too hard. you will never beat it.
#19LightEcoSagePosted 1/10/2013 8:35:02 PM
robulastage posted...
LightEcoSage posted...
Retroxgamer0 posted...

Speaking of the Jak games, I saw Gamestop has a bogo sale on PS2 games. Not sure if it's active in stores, so I'm thinking of ordering the first two games. Used though...

Anyway, Jak's actually pretty fun. I think of him as kind of an underdog bc of his very non-op level 1 and level 2. He has enough moves to make himself a viable threat to even the spammiest of Sly, Kratos, Drake, Radec, etc users.

NO! Get the HD Collection and new. Jak is to amazing of a game series to buy used. Trust me!
---
#20robulastagePosted 1/10/2013 8:36:05 PM
LightEcoSage posted...
robulastage posted...
LightEcoSage posted...
Retroxgamer0 posted...

NO! Get the HD Collection and new. Jak is to amazing of a game series to buy used. Trust me!

Alright. You convinced me.
---
3DS FC: 4253-3586-3727