whos the funnest character to play as?

#21Retroxgamer0(Topic Creator)Posted 1/10/2013 8:39:32 PM(edited)
LightEcoSage posted...
Retroxgamer0 posted...
LightEcoSage posted...
Retroxgamer0 posted...
im a bigger fan of ratchet and clank and sly cooper series than jak series honestly..i find those games pretty fustrating trial and error. sometimes i just quit and get annoyed.

This isn't about his game series but thanks for pointing that out because now I see why you left out Jak. You left him out because of your opinion(which I highly disagree with) on his series. This is All Stars not his game so your answer and opinion is irrelevant to All Stars which means Jak should be in there :)

thats true i am bias against jaks series if we're talking about great playstation classics, but really the reason is that i feel he is rather shallow. mostly when i use jak i just spam forward triangles and down circles to get range, and fire a neutral circle occasionally...then i hit a lvl3 every match and a few level 1s. it feels really straight forward and my strategy basically never changes, and half of his moves go unused because i feel theyre balanced poorly. most of jak's circle moves are very situational and most of his triangle moves dont generate enough ap to use more than sparingly, therefore he feels shallow and easy to me.

M shame on how you think he is not a great classic. As I said this is about characters who are just fun nothing about AP gain or winning matches. In terms of fun Jak should be in here. His moves are fun to use overall period. Jak is not only straight forward btw :)

Some of the other things about his moves you said though was right about him being designed poorly from his series..

well if the moves just arent worth using then they arent worth using. he has a limited movepool if you use him correctly, and that detracts heavily from the fun of using him in this game. theres literally no reason to use stuff like up circle at all, and his up triangle only gives 10ap so while it may be "fun" to try to make up a combo using it, its also just a waste of time because its not going to be very effective for how much work it is. i dont have to be overpowered or anything but i do feel like i should be making a handprint on the match and having fun doing it, i have to resort to feeling cheesy with jak just to do well. i feel cheesy spamming a few attacks over and over and running away and doing lvl3s. its just not fun as me, as other characters with more balanced movesets where i feel i can just let go and fly. like for instance i feel like i can use any of slys moves. i dont have to feel like im wasting time. i can use any of his supers. i feel good with it plus i know my limitations. i have to avoid people with a lot of hit stun moves like heihachi or i could be eating supers.
#22LightEcoSagePosted 1/10/2013 8:42:02 PM(edited)
Retroxgamer0 posted...

well if the moves just arent worth using then they arent worth using. he has a limited movepool if you use him correctly, and that detracts heavily from the fun of using him in this game. theres literally no reason to use stuff like up circle at all, and his up triangle only gives 10ap so while it may be "fun" to try to make up a combo using it, its also just a waste of time because its not going to be very effective for how much work it is.

Everything Jak has can be used effectively. You mean he has a unlimited movepool if you use him correctly. BTW Up triangle gives you 5 AP actually xD. But still this is about FUN CHARACTERS TO USE along with their movements. Jak defines both so he should be in there.

Yo stop editing every reply you make. Im starting to find that you're doing that on purpose -_-
---
I love how blocked people like NDGamer thinks he's getting the last word or wins an argument just cause I can't reply back lol.
#23TrueKirbyPosted 1/10/2013 8:43:13 PM
Sage, you seem different.
---
I had a bowl of milk for breakfast. Without any milk. People who agree:1 People who don't agree:0
#24MajesticFerretPosted 1/10/2013 8:44:26 PM
Myles98 posted...
TrueKirby posted...
Sage, your sig made me lol. As for funnest character...............Billy Mays.

HI! BILLY MAYS HERE WITH ANOTHER FAAANTASTIC INVENTION TO MAKE YOUR PSASBR EXPERIENCE EASIER.

LIKE PLAYING AS KRATOS BUT HATE IT WHEN YOU ACCIDENTALLY PRESS A BUTTON OTHER THAN SQUARE OR CAN'T TEABAG FAST ENOUGH?

WELL I HAVE THE SOLUTION: http://i160.photobucket.com/albums/t188/ShakeSlayer/KratosController3_zps610134b3.jpg

WITH JUST FIVE EASY PAYMENTS OF FORWARD+SQUARE YOU TOO CAN ENJOY A FUN PSASBR EXPERIENCE.

I'm surprised no one has commented on how win this post was yet.
---
Sanity is a one trick pony, all you get with it is rational thought, but with crazy the sky's the limit.
#25AndKevinBaconPosted 1/10/2013 8:44:41 PM
LightEcoSage posted...
Retroxgamer0 posted...
my vote goes to raiden, sly, ratchet, or spike. toro is pretty fun as well.

So you have Sly and Ratchet but no Jak? ok.

Jak.

Is it so hard to believe that someone finds Ratchet and Sly fun to use but not Jak?
#26BloodDamagePosted 1/10/2013 8:45:51 PM
LightEcoSage posted...
Retroxgamer0 posted...

well if the moves just arent worth using then they arent worth using. he has a limited movepool if you use him correctly, and that detracts heavily from the fun of using him in this game. theres literally no reason to use stuff like up circle at all, and his up triangle only gives 10ap so while it may be "fun" to try to make up a combo using it, its also just a waste of time because its not going to be very effective for how much work it is.

Everything Jak has can be used effectively. You mean he has a unlimited movepool if you use him correctly. BTW Up triangle gives you 5 AP actually xD. But still this is about FUN CHARACTERS TO USE along with their movements. Jak defines both so he should be in there.

Yo stop editing every reply you make. Im starting to find that you're doing that on purpose -_-

Stop forcing your opinion on people.
#27LightEcoSagePosted 1/10/2013 8:46:47 PM
Im getting tired of replying. Your opinion is so messed up and still overall irrelevant to your own topic. As I said this isn't about AP gain, worthless moves, etc. Its about fun characters and to not have Jak up here is like not having a remote to go with the system. System=Sly, Game=Ratchet, Remote=Jak. This bias irrelevant opinion is not fair at all :/
---
I love how blocked people like NDGamer thinks he's getting the last word or wins an argument just cause I can't reply back lol.
#28ApolloJusticeAAPosted 1/10/2013 8:47:42 PM
robulastage posted...
LightEcoSage posted...
robulastage posted...
LightEcoSage posted...
Retroxgamer0 posted...
im a bigger fan of ratchet and clank and sly cooper series than jak series honestly..i find those games pretty fustrating trial and error. sometimes i just quit and get annoyed.

This isn't about his game series but thanks for pointing that out because now I see why you left out Jak. You left him out because of his series. This is All Stars not his game so your answerand opinion is irrelevant to All Stars which means Jak should be in there :)

Speaking of the Jak games, I saw Gamestop has a bogo sale on PS2 games. Not sure if it's active in stores, so I'm thinking of ordering the first two games. Used though...

Anyway, Jak's actually pretty fun. I think of him as kind of an underdog bc of his very non-op level 1 and level 2. He has enough moves to make himself a viable threat to even the spammiest of Sly, Kratos, Drake, Radec, etc users.

NO! Get the HD Collection and new. Jak is to amazing of a game series to buy used. Trust me!

Alright. You convinced me.

Actually you probably can still buy the jak HD collection on PSN for 20 to 30 dollars so it is a decent investment
---
Alt to Millamac: The Official Apollo Justice of all boards
Post your reliable anti-kratos strategy: Quit the match.-J_Dawg_
#29An_Unkind_RGNPosted 1/10/2013 8:48:34 PM
OPINIONS
---
Toro. Nuff Said.
~Academics Like to Fantasize too, You Know?~
#30LightEcoSagePosted 1/10/2013 8:50:04 PM(edited)
BloodDamage posted...
LightEcoSage posted...
Retroxgamer0 posted...

Stop forcing your opinion on people.

Its not an opinion its advice and the truth. Calm down seriously... people do this everyday.. why is it different with me? Its like someone saying Raiden isn't a heavy combo hitting character. Im simply correcting him. get over yourself...
---