0.6% (1 votes)
Sackboy
5.99% (10 votes)
Dante
1.8% (3 votes)
Other (specify in post)
8.98% (15 votes)
This poll is now closed.
Who do you think is the best character and why?

Personally I'd have to go with Kratos, for obvious reasons. If he does get nerfed I'd change my answer to Raiden.
---
Proud Big Daddy mainer (999). PSN: HexagonalZebra
www.livinglegacy.enjin.com
#2KindertotenwaldPosted 1/11/2013 4:17:31 AM
Is this 1v1, 2v2 or FFA?
---
PSASBR: Raiden
PSN: Omnisignificance
#3SelitePosted 1/11/2013 4:18:46 AM
Toro.
---
Check it.
http://www.youtube.com/user/selite
#4holysquid(Topic Creator)Posted 1/11/2013 4:20:36 AM
Kindertotenwald posted...
Is this 1v1, 2v2 or FFA?

Let's just go with overall statistics. AP gain, moveset, supers, mobility, etc.
---
Proud Big Daddy mainer (999). PSN: HexagonalZebra
www.livinglegacy.enjin.com
#5KindertotenwaldPosted 1/11/2013 4:24:30 AM
Fat Princess.
---
PSASBR: Raiden
PSN: Omnisignificance
#6TheMickeyPosted 1/11/2013 4:28:43 AM
Is this 1v1, 2v2 or FFA?

That really does make a big difference indeed

Assuming the question is just a general "best" across all modes I'd say Nathan Drake. Some others may have their own great things (or flat out, broken, exploitable BS) like Kratos and Raiden especially but Drake has more of a learning curve that separates the bad barrel spammers who win out of luck and the really skilled players who really know the perfect ways to out maneuver others and rake in the AP.
---
PSN ID: Saffahh
PSASBR: main E.Cole, alt Sly. Currently learning Nariko, Twing-Twang baby!
#7CrabhammarPosted 1/11/2013 4:30:41 AM
TheMickey posted...
Is this 1v1, 2v2 or FFA?

That really does make a big difference indeed

Assuming the question is just a general "best" across all modes I'd say Nathan Drake. Some others may have their own great things (or flat out, broken, exploitable BS) like Kratos and Raiden especially but Drake has more of a learning curve that separates the bad barrel spammers who win out of luck and the really skilled players who really know the perfect ways to out maneuver others and rake in the AP.

A good Drake always has a barrel out. Just sayin :3 your point still stands.
---
Sent from my iPhone via PowerFAQs 1.9... if you use PowerFAQs, ask me how to change your quoting style STAT!
PSN: Bluechacho
#8ThaCMasterPosted 1/11/2013 4:31:27 AM
Mechanics wise is different. Every character has good and bad players. That's never going to change.

Kratos has overall great mechanics. Good attack speed, range, fast meter gain, tons of tools for every situation and a ranged attack.

Raiden is pretty close.

Fat Princess is a monster in the right hands.

Sly and Evil Cole are all great as is Drake.
---
PSN ID BigDaddyCMasta
www.thacmaster.proboards50.com
#9webbc99Posted 1/11/2013 5:06:32 AM
Selite posted...
Toro.

I legitimately believe Toro is the best character in the game. Tools for every situation, sleep to gen AP against campers, decent combos into decent supers. The only bad thing about him is his level 3, but his level 2 is good enough that you shouldn't really ever get to it.
---
PSN: Toastie88 | XBL: Griever88 | Steam: webbc99
Playing: World of Warcraft, Borderlands 2
#10An_Unkind_RGNPosted 1/11/2013 5:24:36 AM
webbc99 posted...
Selite posted...
Toro.

I legitimately believe Toro is the best character in the game. Tools for every situation, sleep to gen AP against campers, decent combos into decent supers. The only bad thing about him is his level 3, but his level 2 is good enough that you shouldn't really ever get to it.

I use his level 3 super as much as his Level 2. It depends really. If i can pull off 2-3 AP combo bursts in the beginning of a 2v2 match, Level 3 is the way to go since I am guaranteed 2 kills.

His level 3 isn't bad, as a matter of fact I am glad they gave him a level 3 kill screen for the more experienced players who know how to dodge his other supers. Comboing into his level 1 super without divekick method is mostly situational, which is kinda disappointing (by situational I mean taking advantage of walls/barriers and uphill slopes).

Toro's level 2 is amazing in both 2v2 and FFA, mostly 2v2 though. If you are partnered with someone who is combo heavy (Dante, Raiden, Nariko), his level 2 guarantees the user 2 kills if your teammate can round the opponents up in their string of attacks. Call it what you want, but teamwork is teamwork.

Most Toro users know that his divekick is a helpful lead in for his level 1 super. If you take advantage of the fact that Toro's level 1 super can go off ledges though, you are less likely to be interrupted by other players so often if you time it right. Unlike Sly's level 1 for example, which cannot fall off a ledge, but cannot be interrupted once activated. Toro's level 1 super tends to shine in FFA more often for me since using on ledges tends to get me multi kills, but it has plenty of potential in 2v2 when combo'd into.

Overall I don't think Toro is #1 cause he has a few noticeable downsides, but he is definitely up there compared to most characters if you know how to use all of his forms efficiently. Plus his unique moveset easily makes him one of the most enjoyable characters to play with.
---
Toro. Nuff Said.
~Academics Like to Fantasize too, You Know?~