Which character best embodies American and Christian values?

#41judgementaeonPosted 1/12/2013 11:02:21 PM
Lightning_fan posted...
judgementaeon posted...
Augh crap, I started an argument...I seriously didn't mean for this...I'm SOOO sorry...

It is not us that you should be apologizing to, pal. Try apologizing to the one true God.

I will then, I guess...
---
PSASBR mains: Jak, Cole, Sackboy, Radec
TTT2 mains: Alisa, Bruce, Lee, Feng
#42IcyFlamez96Posted 1/12/2013 11:03:29 PM
judgementaeon posted...
Lightning_fan posted...
judgementaeon posted...
Augh crap, I started an argument...I seriously didn't mean for this...I'm SOOO sorry...

It is not us that you should be apologizing to, pal. Try apologizing to the one true God.

I will then, I guess...

Lol
---
[Not changing sig until a new Ratchet and Clank game that I can be hyped for is announced.]
PSASBR Main: Ratchet, PSN: xQziCyFlaMeZxQz, msg to _krat0s_: K
#43kingtracePosted 1/12/2013 11:04:34 PM
Lightning_fan posted...
kingtrace posted...

What exactly about this is wrong? Why is God exempt from being judged as a person? I'm wondering where I'm flawed here. Besides that, the most likely reason you yourself are Christian is because most other religions were stomped out during a bloody revolution during many ages. Roman executions, spanish inquisitions, so on. The most popular christian holidays are derived from pagan tradition, so I don't think it's above other religions. How much do YOU know about Christianity, exactly?

Listen buddy, why don't you lay off him, okay?

I mean is this how you get your kicks (making blasphemous statements online)?
Christian holidays are not pagan either. No idea why you are trying to insult us. I will seriously be praying for you.

Ever heard of Yule? That'd be the pagan holiday christmas is built atop. Most of the traditions of Christmas are from yule, the gift giving being the main one. The only main difference is while Yule was a celebration of the end of the harvest season, Christmas is the celebration of the birth of Jesus. Most ancient Christan scholars believe Jesus was born in March, however the date was moved to assimilate the holiday.
#44IcyFlamez96Posted 1/12/2013 11:08:00 PM
I'm a Christian and I just kind of hate it when atheists just go out spewing all their ignorant comments. I mean, they probably have never picked up a Bible in their life and they think they know everything...
---
[Not changing sig until a new Ratchet and Clank game that I can be hyped for is announced.]
PSASBR Main: Ratchet, PSN: xQziCyFlaMeZxQz, msg to _krat0s_: K
#45kingtracePosted 1/12/2013 11:10:17 PM
IcyFlamez96 posted...
I'm a Christian and I just kind of hate it when atheists just go out spewing all their ignorant comments. I mean, they probably have never picked up a Bible in their life and they think they know everything...

I was Christian until I was 16 and was confirmed at a Lutheran Baptist Church, so I had a few years of intense bible study from which to gather knowledge.
#46judgementaeonPosted 1/12/2013 11:12:56 PM
Again, HankHill4SSB4, I'm so sorry for ruining your topic...
---
PSASBR mains: Jak, Cole, Sackboy, Radec
TTT2 mains: Alisa, Bruce, Lee, Feng
#47Charizard18Posted 1/12/2013 11:17:36 PM
IcyFlamez96 posted...

Keep in mind most atheists were Christians or religious but converted either because they didn't like it or didn't care, or because they've been through too many hardships in life for them to believe in that kind of thing anymore.

My brother was a Christian but had an insanely rough life growing up and still kind of does and just doesn't believe in a God anymore, though he still tries to show interest around our parents. I'm kind of heading in a similar direction as him, I mean you get cancer and it's just kind of like "wtf?". Not to mention heart disease and other things, after some time it just gets hard to keep believing in what you used to. You have to put yourself in others shoes before making comments like that. I admit some atheists are like you described, kind of do it because "lol its cool, rebellion" but not everyone is like that. Like I said, I don't believe what I used to but that doesn't mean I hate God or religion or anything.
---
Who would win, Jedi Charizard or Jedi Jigglypuff?
"I'm a bagel whore" -blazin640
#48UltimaXOmegaPosted 1/12/2013 11:18:41 PM
Evil Cole
---
The death of one man is a tragedy, the death of millions is a statistic-Joseph Vissarionovich Stalin
Official 5 Tails Jinchuriki Han of the UNS3 boards
#49SnovvbubPosted 1/12/2013 11:21:00 PM
I used to be a Christian, then my confirmation came up, and I decided to really dig into my beliefs and study the Bible.

That's why I'm now atheist. So much of it made absolutely no sense, contradicted itself or was outdated to a free society (IE the degrading of women in the bible).

Don't act like Athiests are all ignorants who know nothing about religion. If you can't respect our beliefs (or lack thereof), then you cannot expect us to respect your beliefs.

And another thing. Why does America=Christianity? I realize it's the majority, but we've altered the Bible to the point where it's not recognizable (best example: Christmas).
---
PSN: snovvbub
Sackboy main here.
#50xXVongolaRebornPosted 1/12/2013 11:21:18 PM
Charizard18 posted...

Keep in mind most atheists were Christians or religious but converted either because they didn't like it or didn't care, or because they've been through too many hardships in life for them to believe in that kind of thing anymore.

My brother was a Christian but had an insanely rough life growing up and still kind of does and just doesn't believe in a God anymore, though he still tries to show interest around our parents. I'm kind of heading in a similar direction as him, I mean you get cancer and it's just kind of like "wtf?". Not to mention heart disease and other things, after some time it just gets hard to keep believing in what you used to. You have to put yourself in others shoes before making comments like that. I admit some atheists are like you described, kind of do it because "lol its cool, rebellion" but not everyone is like that. Like I said, I don't believe what I used to but that doesn't mean I hate God or religion or anything.

^QFT