Which character best embodies American and Christian values?

#51IcyFlamez96Posted 1/12/2013 11:22:00 PM
Charizard18 posted...
IcyFlamez96 posted...
I'm a Christian and I just kind of hate it when atheists just go out spewing all their ignorant comments. I mean, they probably have never picked up a Bible in their life and they think they know everything...

Keep in mind most atheists were Christians or religious but converted either because they didn't like it or didn't care, or because they've been through too many hardships in life for them to believe in that kind of thing anymore.

My brother was a Christian but had an insanely rough life growing up and still kind of does and just doesn't believe in a God anymore, though he still tries to show interest around our parents. I'm kind of heading in a similar direction as him, I mean you get cancer and it's just kind of like "wtf?". Not to mention heart disease and other things, after some time it just gets hard to keep believing in what you used to. You have to put yourself in others shoes before making comments like that. I admit some atheists are like you described, kind of do it because "lol its cool, rebellion" but not everyone is like that. Like I said, I don't believe what I used to but that doesn't mean I hate God or religion or anything.

Well I didn't think of all that... I was pretty much just taking about those who have never been to Church. I seem to come across them a LOT. I wasn't even directly referring to kingtrace
---
[Not changing sig until a new Ratchet and Clank game that I can be hyped for is announced.]
PSASBR Main: Ratchet, PSN: xQziCyFlaMeZxQz, msg to _krat0s_: K
#52OhGoodPosted 1/12/2013 11:25:58 PM
I was a confirmed catholic for 15 years of my life. All I learned from mass and church school was that catholics are some of the most ignorant people i've ever met. Their whole world outlook is completely ass backwards and based on not angering some invisible all powerful boogeyman.

Seriously, who actually believes the earth is less than 10,000 years old when we have literally millions of fossil records saying otherwise? And I highly doubt that we came from the rib of some dude that talked to snakes in some sort of perfect magic wonderland where pain didn't exist.

I have no issues with the good that religion can bring out in people, but the sheer ignorance when it comes to scientific fact is mind boggling.

Religion as an ideology is perfectly fine, I can respect people who learn how to be good people from the lessons they learned from old teachings. But the people who follow the bible like it's the absolute truth are some of the most dangerous people in the world.
---
Everything unrelated to elephants is irrelephant
PSN - Ohgood
#53Charizard18Posted 1/12/2013 11:27:40 PM
IcyFlamez96 posted...
Charizard18 posted...
IcyFlamez96 posted...
I'm a Christian and I just kind of hate it when atheists just go out spewing all their ignorant comments. I mean, they probably have never picked up a Bible in their life and they think they know everything...

Keep in mind most atheists were Christians or religious but converted either because they didn't like it or didn't care, or because they've been through too many hardships in life for them to believe in that kind of thing anymore.

My brother was a Christian but had an insanely rough life growing up and still kind of does and just doesn't believe in a God anymore, though he still tries to show interest around our parents. I'm kind of heading in a similar direction as him, I mean you get cancer and it's just kind of like "wtf?". Not to mention heart disease and other things, after some time it just gets hard to keep believing in what you used to. You have to put yourself in others shoes before making comments like that. I admit some atheists are like you described, kind of do it because "lol its cool, rebellion" but not everyone is like that. Like I said, I don't believe what I used to but that doesn't mean I hate God or religion or anything.

Well I didn't think of all that... I was pretty much just taking about those who have never been to Church. I seem to come across them a LOT. I wasn't even directly referring to kingtrace

I get what ya mean. I kind of posted without thinking too. You were referring to those who actually don't know much about what they're saying and still continue anyways. I just don't enjoy being grouped with all the nasty atheists, makes guys like me look bad :(
---
Who would win, Jedi Charizard or Jedi Jigglypuff?
"I'm a bagel whore" -blazin640
#54T_l_M_B_0Posted 1/12/2013 11:29:16 PM
IcyFlamez96 posted...

Yeah that's the internet for you. From what I have seen, the internet is primarily atheists. Most (not all) of which are ignorant and atheists just for the sake of trying to be cool and edgy.
---
Lightning is a terrible character. Deal with it.
Official Riku of the PASBR board.
#55THE_PS1_PATRIOTPosted 1/12/2013 11:36:27 PM
Faith is something all of us could use when we are down...Hell Parrappa's promotes faith all the time with his "Gotta Believe!!!".

Let us pray to our patron saint.....Sackboy Jesus.
---
PLAYSTATION PATRIOT
#56Lightning_fanPosted 1/12/2013 11:39:08 PM
Charizard18 posted...

Keep in mind most atheists were Christians or religious but converted...

Of course, mostly stemming from mommy and daddy issues.

WAAAAH Mommy and daddy make me go to church. I am so hardcore! So rebellious!

Look how unique and smart that I big pants atheist is!
#57fretless58Posted 1/12/2013 11:45:16 PM
THE_PS1_PATRIOT posted...
Faith is something all of us could use when we are down...Hell Parrappa's promotes faith all the time with his "Gotta Believe!!!".

Let us pray to our patron saint.....Sackboy Jesus.

Looks like I'm not the only one who thinks it's funny to think of PaRappa as a born-again Christian.
---
http://steamcommunity.com/id/76561197991794515
#58OhGoodPosted 1/12/2013 11:45:36 PM
Lightning_fan posted...
Charizard18 posted...

Ignorance at it's finest.
---
Everything unrelated to elephants is irrelephant
PSN - Ohgood
#59Charizard18Posted 1/12/2013 11:45:42 PM
Lightning_fan posted...
Charizard18 posted...

Did you skip the rest of my post? I got sentimental there :|
---
Who would win, Jedi Charizard or Jedi Jigglypuff?
"I'm a bagel whore" -blazin640
#60coconutarmy1Posted 1/12/2013 11:49:49 PM
Parappa! Gotta believe!
---
Currently commanding a platoon of coconuts. Slow work, but very fulfilling.