what new game modes would add more replayability?

#31ImDyinSquirtlePosted 1/14/2013 2:09:41 AM
holysquid posted...
Rolling_Stoned posted...
2v2 ranked needs to have matchmaking. As in, I don't have to have a partner already.

You really want to play with a random who may be a white belt or may purposefully screw you over?

Yeah I dont think anyone genuinely wants this feature.

We have enough people whining and crying about getting crappy partners in UNRANKED matches. Imagine the outcry if the same thing happened in ranked.

The 2v2 is fine as it is. If you dont have any friends to play 2v2 ranked with, then make some new ones.
---
Help me Squirtle, dont just stand there...Im freaking dying
#32webbc99Posted 1/14/2013 4:49:41 AM
What about a Virus type mode, first player to die becomes the Virus. This player has infinite level 1 super.

You get points for the level of super you used to kill the Virus (e.g. using a level 2 to kill the Virus gets you 2 points), and if the Virus kills you, you respawn as one of the Virus and your score is frozen. Game ends when no players are left alive or after a time limit. Highest score wins.
---
PSN: Toastie88 | XBL: Griever88 | Steam: webbc99
Playing: World of Warcraft, Borderlands 2
#33SidewalkaPosted 1/14/2013 5:08:36 AM
Add ranked stock and host migration. This would keep me entertained for a long time.
2vs2 matchmaking could work if you were able to enter a list, where you can choose eachother.
Also, some Random Minigames during the loading/search screen.
#34CrabhammarPosted 1/14/2013 6:10:52 AM
Actually, I have an idea for Survival. You pick "Challenger" or "Opponent". The Challengers go as long as they can against infinite opponents until they die 3 times. It'll be fun to go for a new record/screw people over.
---
Sent from my iPhone via PowerFAQs 1.9... if you use PowerFAQs, ask me how to change your quoting style STAT!
PSN: Bluechacho
#35webbc99Posted 1/14/2013 7:03:28 AM
Sidewalka posted...
Add ranked stock and host migration. This would keep me entertained for a long time.
2vs2 matchmaking could work if you were able to enter a list, where you can choose eachother.
Also, some Random Minigames during the loading/search screen.

Unfortunately Namco have a patent on loading screen games, otherwise I think more companies would have them ;(

Not sure how reliable this source is though, but does have a flashy patent number in it. It's the text at the bottom.

http://www.giantbomb.com/interactive-loading-screen/92-1419/
---
PSN: Toastie88 | XBL: Griever88 | Steam: webbc99
Playing: World of Warcraft, Borderlands 2
#36LeagultPosted 1/14/2013 8:59:36 AM
Some kinda tag mode where you can switch between 2 characters with their own meter or something.
#37360ChambersPosted 1/14/2013 9:06:08 AM
King of the hill
---
Travis Touchdown for SSB4!
#38dadkwashere(Topic Creator)Posted 1/14/2013 9:59:55 AM
These are interesting and funny ideas, keep them coming! A virus mode or tag mode would certainly add variety. King of the hill would be awesome if done right, like you only gain ap in the capture zone.
---
You need to find a more political solution.
Nhhrm. Tasty...LIQUID!!!...hmmm tasty.
#39xXxSuQingXinxXxPosted 1/14/2013 10:01:21 AM
For a game that's advertised as a party brawler, it sure as heck doesn't have the modes to back it up...
---
PSN: Su-Qing-Xin
I like to play video games.
#40KingTumbleweedPosted 1/14/2013 10:18:37 AM
Digimon Rumble Arena 2 had a good assortment of game modes but nobody remembers that game, ignore me.
You know like first to reach level 3 or king of the hill modes.
---
I'm your imaginary friend, make me chips.
Official Ferrothorn of Pokemon X/Y boards.