Why does everyone say Evil Cole is better than Good Cole???

#1DB-RBPosted 1/14/2013 1:16:06 PM
Seriously, his level 3 is garbage, his level 2 works well on small stages but on big stages it's just an inferior form of Raiden's level 2, and his oil technique only lasts a few seconds unlike Sackboy's shockpad or Sly/Sweet Tooth's mines which are permanent until someone gets hit by them.

The only thing he got is his giga punch, but it can be intercepted and guarded. Also, Good Cole's triple square will randomly crumple you which is better than giga punch because a least that is a working combo. And Good Cole takes more skill to use.

Good Cole has an effective ice barrier, a spammy up circle (forgot name), a freeze attack (side circle) that can setup the level 1 easy, and better lvl 2 and 3 supers. His level 2 super goes across the whole stage and is bigger than Spike's level 2, providing more range. His level 3 is the best level 3 in the game. Whereas with Sackboy and Big Daddy it is possible to not get killed once on a big stage, it is impossible to not get killed by Good Cole's AND get two kills on that person with one try. Cinematic supers from Heihachi, Spike, Toro, and Parappa only kill every opponent on the screen once.

With Good Cole, no matter where you are standing (or floating), the tornado can go across the stage twice in the time limit destroying everything and killing everyone in its path. Rolling won't get out of the tornado especially when it has suction ability which will drag you into it.

And while Good Cole's down triangle cannot be charged and Evil Cole's can, that is a rather worthless move and doesn't link combos anyway.
---
The official Drake, Toro, and Sir Daniel of the PSABR boards.
#2taoxadasaPosted 1/14/2013 1:18:04 PM
His level 2 is way better than Raiden's imo

But overall I am better with good Cole than Evil Cole.
---
Jumping Flash!'s Robbit needs to be in Playstation All-Stars as DLC! Sign the petition for him here:
http://www.petitionbuzz.com/petitions/robbitfirstallstar
#3Retroxgamer0Posted 1/14/2013 1:21:10 PM(edited)
well i dropped bananas with spike and he just giga punches right through them with super armor and lvl1s me. what is that crap? so broken.
#4kkTheKiller42Posted 1/14/2013 1:20:21 PM
Because Giga Punch can punish almost all nornal moves.

But it's obvious it's coming.
---
http://tinyurl.com/3zfs5vb http://tinyurl.com/br9bdeu
http://tinyurl.com/3kzxnno
#5TheMickeyPosted 1/14/2013 1:31:15 PM
Tl;dr

I'm an ECole player myself and I like him for the extra power on down-triangle mostlyand forward-O but a lot of other people get in a match against him, see the Giga punch to lvl1 "combo" and immediately think its so OP they need to try it.

Most of them get some kills in the blue belt region and move up. By time they get to the top green to purple area they quickly find out that hardly anyone falls for the Giga punch set up and it's one of the easiest lvl1s to get canceled in an FFA or even some 2v2. gCole on the other hand doesn't feel very strong when you first try him out and only people who spend some time to learn him really do very well. Those people that do, and also have a combo oriented mind, discover how good he really is with much faster attacks, more combo-ability, and a spamable setup to his lvl 1 (Giga punch, although many say it is spammed... You can't really spam something that requires a recharge. Freeze rocket on the other hand has no such restriction so a lot of good players are able to use it multiple times without retreat to recharge and also learn how to combo into it)

The lowdown is that ECole is easier for a noob to do okay with so they use him. GCole doesn't do we'll unless you yourself have a certain level of skill.
---
PSN ID: Saffahh
PSASBR: main E.Cole, alt Sly. Currently learning Nariko, Twing-Twang baby!
#6J_Dawg_Posted 1/14/2013 1:31:35 PM
Horrible topic.
---
Sly should be made trash tier cause raccoons like to rummage through trash. - jump__0
PSN: Mooglebane | PSASBR: Jak, Sweet Tooth, Spike
#7Potatoman622Posted 1/14/2013 1:45:30 PM
I successfully dodged coles level 3... using a hole, and sackboys checkpoint.
---
PSN: Potatoman622
Fear the Fabulous Fatty P
#8blitz_0623Posted 1/14/2013 1:55:22 PM
DB-RB posted...
And Good Cole takes more skill to use.

Hence, Evil Cole is better.

Kratos doesn't need a lot of skill to use but many would say he is better than most characters. But if you know how to use, say, Sir Dan very well, you can easily beat a Kratos
#9DB-RB(Topic Creator)Posted 1/14/2013 2:26:12 PM
blitz_0623 posted...
DB-RB posted...

Kratos doesn't need a lot of skill to use but many would say he is better than most characters. But if you know how to use, say, Sir Dan very well, you can easily beat a Kratos

and good cole is easier to spam, easier to get more ap, easier to spam for ap. good cole is better.
---
The official Drake, Toro, and Sir Daniel of the PSABR boards.
#10CrabhammarPosted 1/14/2013 2:28:08 PM
DB-RB posted...
blitz_0623 posted...
DB-RB posted...

and good cole is easier to spam, easier to get more ap, easier to spam for ap. good cole is better.

He's better but not easier.
---
Sent from my iPhone via PowerFAQs 1.9... if you use PowerFAQs, ask me how to change your quoting style STAT!
PSN: Bluechacho