"You may only sign up as one character"

#21LluaZargPosted 1/17/2013 12:21:01 PM
blaze19_0X posted...
rlaur2 posted...
I'm not saying you guys shouldn't do this, just that it proves nothing if that's what you are aiming for.

Hey negative Nancy, this is just for fun. And as long as the sign-ups aren't limited it's not like the winner for each category is going to be undeserving.

But the sign ups are limited and Kind isn't changing that.

>_>

Ummm, he said to me, he might open some up for people who already signed up for another character if there are not enough sign ups.
---
PSN: Lluazarg
#22KindertotenwaldPosted 1/17/2013 1:04:19 PM
rlaur2 posted...
If you don't limit it you will have everyone just signing up for all characters and it will take forever then.

It's 20 different round robins. I don't think anyone could organize and run all of them in a single day no matter how many people signed up.

It doesnt matter if everyone here signed up for the one character there would be more than enough.

What do you mean? How can you claim that a character with say only two sign-ups is being well-represented?

Winner tourny needs to happen also tbh

You may as well just run a standard tournament without the gimmick. Again, the whole point of these topics and your original topic is to find out who's best with a specific character, not best player in general.

I'm class I can do anything.

Doesnt matter how many sign up if they are all bad, if only 2 or 3 are good then so be it, some chars are more popular than others.

Gimmick its not really a gimmick and I would still have it as one char per person without it
---
PSASBR: Raiden
PSN: Omnisignificance
#23KindertotenwaldPosted 1/17/2013 1:09:12 PM
Potatoman622 posted...
Kindertotenwald posted...
rlaur2 posted...
The reason for this is that the winners tournament wouldn't work.

For example You won Sly Drake Sir Dan you can't exactly play yourself then.

There's a way around that, give the people who won multiple characters a BYE. Or just don't bother with this "winner's tourny" at all, the point of these is to find out who's best with which character, not who's best in general. The way it's structured now, you won't be getting too many sign-ups in general.

If you don't limit it you will have everyone just signing up for all characters and it will take forever then.

It doesnt matter if everyone here signed up for the one character there would be more than enough.

A 2 or 3 limit shouldn't be too much, i understand it would be crazy to have everybody entering 10 tourneys, some people (myself included, i wanna try my big daddy) want to try a few characters for fun, and also the spot could be filled by a runner-up so all characters would be represented. Multi winners get to choose who they won with.

Whats the point of trying afew chars for fun? That can be done in your own time it defeats the purpose of this and wastes time.

Having the runner up take place ruins the point
---
#24Potatoman622Posted 1/17/2013 1:13:08 PM
Potatoman622 posted...
rlaur2 posted...
The reason for this is that the winners tournament wouldn't work.

For example You won Sly Drake Sir Dan you can't exactly play yourself then.

There's a way around that, give the people who won multiple characters a BYE. Or just don't bother with this "winner's tourny" at all, the point of these is to find out who's best with which character, not who's best in general. The way it's structured now, you won't be getting too many sign-ups in general.

A 2 or 3 limit shouldn't be too much, i understand it would be crazy to have everybody entering 10 tourneys, some people (myself included, i wanna try my big daddy) want to try a few characters for fun, and also the spot could be filled by a runner-up so all characters would be represented. Multi winners get to choose who they won with.

Whats the point of trying afew chars for fun? That can be done in your own time it defeats the purpose of this and wastes time.

Having the runner up take place ruins the point

Well by for fun i meant other characters you main and feel you have a chance to win with. I don't mean pick any character for the lols and going in and getting killed.
---
PSN: Potatoman622
Fear the Fabulous Fatty P
#25Rlaur2(Topic Creator)Posted 1/17/2013 1:16:12 PM
Doesnt matter how many sign up if they are all bad, if only 2 or 3 are good then so be it

Except that scenario can be avoided.

Gimmick its not really a gimmick and I would still have it as one char per person without it

Are you saying you'd impose a one character only rule in a standard tournament? That is an absolutely ridiculous rule and there's a good reason no good host would ever employ that.

You're being really stubborn about this and for no good reason. I think it should come to a vote and let the people decide. There's really no justification for it.
---
-_-
#26KindertotenwaldPosted 1/17/2013 1:16:53 PM
blaze19_0X posted...
You may as well just run a standard tournament without the gimmick. Again, the whole point of these topics and your original topic is to find out who's best with a specific character, not best player in general.

The current format does not find out who's the best with a specific character either way. It just finds out who's the best in the mirror match.

I'm not sure why people don't understand this. Dittos don't mean anything. There are just 1 matchup out of 20 matchups (soon to be 22) a character has.

If you really want to find out who's the best with a character in general, you have to look at overall tournament results.

If you are the best with a char you should have no problem with a mirror match.

Yes they do what don't you understand about 1v1 not being balanced for all chars if we have everyone with everyone some characters are completely out classed.

You can be the best with Radec and go out round one if you get Sir Dan with the glitch
---
#27KindertotenwaldPosted 1/17/2013 1:24:18 PM
rlaur2 posted...
Doesnt matter how many sign up if they are all bad, if only 2 or 3 are good then so be it

Except that scenario can be avoided.

Are you saying you'd impose a one character only rule in a standard tournament? That is an absolutely ridiculous rule and there's a good reason no good host would ever employ that.

You're being really stubborn about this and for no good reason. I think it should come to a vote and let the people decide. There's really no justification for it.

Why does it matter if it can be avoided?

Wow wow chill, I didn;t say that this isn't a normal tourny its essentially mirror matches.
It seems you are annoyed just because you cant play multiple chars? Do you feel you are the best with others other than Raiden?
The justification is valid I don;t want people taking the piss which will happen and you know it
---
#28blitz_0623Posted 1/17/2013 1:29:40 PM
I don't think you have to feel that you're the best with the character you are entering with. As long as you think you can compete with the character, you should be able to sign up for as many as you want.

Besides, I don't think there's a lot of people that will sign up. You could use all the entrees
#29LluaZargPosted 1/17/2013 1:35:22 PM
*reenters topic*
*looks around*
*slowly backs away*
---
PSN: Lluazarg