Kat and Graves trailer discussion and over-analysing

#1Retroxgamer0Posted 1/17/2013 12:51:57 PM(edited)
Kat's trailer
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iUQKVE6vKdA

Grave's trailer
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dmlPJIOnPAQ

first, here is my take on each of the trailers. ill start with Kat.

Kat: the first thing they show is a simple easy 5 hit combo for new users. i like that they began by showing off a simplistic combo for newcomers first picking her up. its a simple 3 hit into launch and an aerial move. notice how shes taking advantage of nariko's flawed square moves. almost a slap in the face of nariko users...yes we know she is garbage we get it lol.

next up you see kat spinning around like a ballerina..im assuming this is her taunt. i strongly dislike it, they couldve done better. fail there.

next up we see the summoning random furniture. i played gravity rush, at the beginning of the game you are jobbed to collect furniture for your new home in the sewers because youre an outcast gravity girl who was framed. the furniture on hit seems to do little to nothing. i think its complimentary to combos, but as a standalone it looks useless. itll be of miminal usage to the casual player.

next up we see kat's gravity slide into a nice aoe move. notice how it causes an aerial evade invincibility frame, as not to be followed up on. i think this will be a nice "get away from me" move.

next we see a nice advanced combo on the kratos punching bag. its nice that veteran kats will still have something like this, and we can try to build new combo strings, instead of just spamming kicks and ejects as well as dive kicks like youre probably mostly going to see.

afterward we see one of kat's intros. she picks up dusty and smiles :] i probably will not use this..ever... so whats next? * plays trailer *

kats level 1 super. she grabs an orb from you and theres a delayed kill. this super looks very fast, but it has a delay where it can catch anyone near the opponent for the possibility of a double kill. this looks like a very interesting super. right off the bat im going to say that delay will make it harder for newer players to like, and theyll will be a bit turned off. in a game full of lvl1s that are just set it and forget it, here is one that requires timing to get a multi kill. it is powerful but it will take some getting used to. characters have time to jump away from the aoe if they land near the proximity. im going to take a guess that its no better than kratos's slightly slower but set it and forget it multi kill super.

kats lvl2 super. notice kratos is trying to rolling evade it. thats proof it can be dodged, however it has some tracking properties as it simply follows a badly timed roll. this looks to be VERY POWERFUL as a lvl2 super, and i would bank on this being the GO TO super for most players.

lastly kat's level 3 super. this sucker has some great mobility in the air, remiscent of jak's level 3 super, and has a black hole aoe most similar to his aoe move during said super. depending how long this super lasts, im guessing itll get a cool 3-4 kills just like jaks.

overall im going to say her lvl2 is looking quite favorable, as a whole she looks fun and easy to play, difficult to master, but i dont see anything standoutish that would make her feel overpowered from the rest of the cast. she looks like shes relatively weak with her triangle gravity attacks, but her gravity pull and gravity slide mobility as well as her combo attacks makes her look agile and fun, cant wait to try her out.
#2blitz_0623Posted 1/17/2013 12:50:27 PM
from the trailer, kat's level 2 is like Sir Dan's that is 50x bigger
#3Retroxgamer0(Topic Creator)Posted 1/17/2013 12:58:16 PM(edited)
since you can time a dodge just right to avoid her level 2 super theres a possibility of it being exploited in the future, as people get used to it. if that happens i can see her being kindve meh for casual players down the line. it could potentially score only one kill, and if it ends up like that i will personally attempt her level 1 more often, except on dojo and small stages, ill just go right for the level 3 every time. especially if i can learn the advanced combos and rack up ap fast.
#4habbox77Posted 1/17/2013 12:59:30 PM
that spinning around thing could also be one of her intros...
---
IGN: Tenabrus
PSN: Jet_Cobra
#5An_Unkind_RGNPosted 1/17/2013 1:00:07 PM
blitz_0623 posted...

That's exactly what I was thinking. Sir Dan is still cooler in my book *epic face*

If you use his level 2 directly above your opponents in the air, impending doom.
---
Toro. Nuff Said.
~Academics Like to Fantasize too, You Know?~
#6TerraponPosted 1/17/2013 1:02:01 PM
An_Unkind_RGN posted...
blitz_0623 posted...

That's exactly what I was thinking. Sir Dan is still cooler in my book *epic face*

If you use his level 2 directly above your opponents in the air, impending doom.

Unless your sackboy...
---
xENDERSgotGAMEx (PSN)
#7Retroxgamer0(Topic Creator)Posted 1/17/2013 1:09:35 PM
Emmet Graves:

damn is that a cool intro. i might use it! anyways lets get on with it...

first we see that his throw is much like radecs. it holds the opponent down. right away hes a 2v2er i know it in my heart. he does a cool aerial shotgun combo. much like radec does.

next, we see him doing some quick machine gun attacks, again like radec or even jak...followed by a level 1 super! now one thing that surprises me is there is no target recticle like radec. it just goes straight forward. most people would miss this but notice the blue flash as they die. im banking on this being an aoe super. instead of aiming where you want, it causes an explosion on reaction. this is VERY useful for group clearing and i love this super.

next up, we see yet again like radec, he has a laser sight sniper and grenades. but then i can see that the missle fired is very slow like narikos, and also cannot be aimed. this doesnt look very good..unless the ap generation is higher than radec's sniper, it is inferior, which hurts him a lot. radec can constantly fire sniper spam, this move is not its equivalent. its more like narikos crappy projectile. >=/

next up we see him using this same move in the air, much more useful. theres the true usage of it! he takes advantage of a poor jak... aww... with his manly as hell voice he shoots off his lvl1, destroying him. OOO thats the stuff!

we see some weapon swapping. a scatter gun. nice aoe weapon. this guy is an aoe machine...hes looking very very good for 2v2s which is what i do.

next part we see a very awkward portion of the video. he punches the ground to lift kratos, and fires off a random lvl1 super. this insinuates that he doesnt have many ways to set up his lvl1 super again like radec, but not being able to aim it, i dont think hes going to be good in 1v1 unless he relies on other supers.

speaking of other supers, that lvl2 is nice! its like toros, with a nice big AOE. thats going to be impossible to get away from. find a group, and let loose on your lvl1 and 2...this guys going to be fairly useless in 1v1 once we figure him out, mark my words.

lastly we see him pilot what looks to be a metal gear. having never played starhawk im sorry but i dont know. anyways it looks about radec lvl3 equivalent. kill some joes early manually, and then finish off the screen with a last hurrah. nothin' special. might get a good 5-6 kills with it though, i like it.

overall im feeling the level 1 here. this guy is indeed an aoe character, best used in group play. get some people together, utilize your scatter shot and shotgun, then blast them all with a well timed level 1.

prepare to see a lot of radec + grave teams in 2v2s.
#8Retroxgamer0(Topic Creator)Posted 1/17/2013 1:16:42 PM(edited)
another thing to note here, i think grave's level 2 super looks like its going to suck in 1v1s because opponents will simply run or jump away unless you have proper distance and the stage is small or theyre somehow boxed in. id use it in a ditch like in hades or something. also his level 1 only goes straight that is complete ass for 1v1s and the aoe is of no use, this guy does NOT look like a competitive 1v1er.

he looks like hes going to suck ass at 1v1 >_>
#9Chzrm3Posted 1/17/2013 1:15:45 PM
I actually really like Emmett's VA, haha.

Also I love the way Kat moves around. I'm definitely going to dig deep into her, she could be exactly what I've been looking for as far as playstyles. : D If I can't find Kat enjoyable in 1 v 1's then I'll sadly hang up my 1 v 1'ing hat, but she'll be fun in 2's/FFA either way. XD
---
If I haven't mentioned Trivio in my post, it's because she is so beautiful and precarious that I just wanted to show her how much she means to me.
#10AssassinHawkinsPosted 1/17/2013 1:16:49 PM
Retroxgamer0 posted...
Emmet Graves:

lastly we see him pilot what looks to be a metal gear. having never played starhawk im sorry but i dont know. anyways it looks about radec lvl3 equivalent. kill some joes early manually, and then finish off the screen with a last hurrah. nothin' special. might get a good 5-6 kills with it though, i like it.

The thing he jumps into in his level three is called.... a Starhawk...
---
PSN: AssassinHawkins