Kat and Graves trailer discussion and over-analysing

#21Retroxgamer0(Topic Creator)Posted 1/17/2013 2:27:34 PM
AssassinHawkins posted...
Also, the description of his level 2 says it hits enemies to the sides of the pod. Watch the video again and when it lands, it shoots out rift energy flames to the sides. That is a HUGE AOE compared to just the pod. With those jets of flames, even if you roll from the pod, those flames will kill you.
Also, Kat's level two can delay shooting the spikes by holding down r2. So you can delay it to catch people after they roll.

you can delay the spikes on kat's lvl2? thats nice.. that prettymuch guarantees it'll always be viable then.
#22CrabhammarPosted 1/17/2013 2:28:18 PM
Also Retro, you don't even know if he has a hitconfirm into Level 1 yet. You can't judge him.
---
Sent from my iPhone via PowerFAQs 1.9... if you use PowerFAQs, ask me how to change your quoting style STAT!
PSN: Bluechacho
#23wwinterj25Posted 1/17/2013 2:33:13 PM(edited)
Crabhammar posted...
LOL WTF?

Kat is Jak+ and Emmett is Sweet Tooth+. Jesus, what were they thinking? They both look super OP.

To be honest they don't to me. I guess we will see once they are settled in the game. Sure we will get OP topics for a few days once they are out as folk need to learn to deal with them but once that is over I'm sure they will fine fine. Kratos will still destroy everything so don't be worried.

Looking at the trailers and reading this topic I have to say Emmett has me the most interested. Kat looks cool don't get me wrong but she doesn't seem that interesting to me. This could change once I've played as them both but I doubt neither of these will replace my favourites. They will however be a nice alternative.
---
One who knows nothing can understand nothing - GamerTag: wwinterj/PSN wwinterj
#24AssassinHawkinsPosted 1/17/2013 2:34:04 PM
If you watch Emmet's level 2, FattyP dodge rolls the pod but still gets hit by the flame.
I think his level two is a lot better than first impressions imply.
---
PSN: AssassinHawkins
#25Retroxgamer0(Topic Creator)Posted 1/17/2013 2:36:29 PM
Crabhammar posted...
Also Retro, you don't even know if he has a hitconfirm into Level 1 yet. You can't judge him.

thats boring. i want to cast early judgements and compare my results, so i can laugh at them later.
#26Retroxgamer0(Topic Creator)Posted 1/17/2013 2:38:49 PM(edited)
AssassinHawkins posted...
If you watch Emmet's level 2, FattyP dodge rolls the pod but still gets hit by the flame.
I think his level two is a lot better than first impressions imply.

probably so, but unless it can get 5-6 kills im never using it over waiting for a lvl3. im either going to use his fastest most reliable lvl1 super or save up for the 3s.
#27Chzrm3Posted 1/17/2013 2:48:08 PM
Kat's supers don't seem overpowered tbh. I'm sure she'll have several ways to guarantee a level 1 so that's no worry, but the level 2 seems like one of those easily avoidable ones once you've seen it enough, like Dan's.

Her level 3 will probably be solid enough to get you 2 kills in a 1 v 1, ~4 in 2 v 2 and 5+ in FFA, which is about where they should all be.
---
If I haven't mentioned Trivio in my post, it's because she is so beautiful and precarious that I just wanted to show her how much she means to me.
#28blazin640Posted 1/17/2013 2:51:20 PM
Retroxgamer0 posted...
graves sniper kindve sucks, so im going to use him medium range more often than not. my second take is that his jak-like blaster interupts attacks. im exploiting the hell out of that and hitting the warmech. jak version 2 for me...

overall though i gotta say kat looks stronger with those supers. her lvl2 easily covers more distance than emmet's lvl2, and her lvl1 is much better overall. they gave emmet the jak gun though...>_<

thats not his sniper, thats his rocket launcher. His sniper is already a useable item in game.
---
There goes my free time