The Official Best Character Sign-Up Topic (Consolidated)

#1Rlaur2Posted 1/17/2013 3:46:20 PM(edited)

Rules (revised):
FFA
Stock 2
No Items
No hazards
All maps
Best 2 out of 3 (Finalists - Best 3 out of 5)
Random map for game one, then winner bans a map and loser picks the next map

Round Robin tournament. Every person in each character category will fight each other using the character of the category (derp), every match is best two out of three. For every set (2 out of 3) that you win, you will receive three (3) points. If you lost but managed to win one of rounds, you will receive one (1) point. So for example, if person A beats person B in a clean sweep, 2-0, A will receive three points while B receives none. If person A beats person B in a 2-1, then person A receives three and person B receives one point. The two players with the highest amount of points will battle it out for supremacy. The person with the higher amount of points will be put into the "Winner's" bracket while the person in 2nd will be put in "Loser's". What that means is that the one in "Loser's" will have to win two "3 out of 5" sets in order to win while the person in "Winner's" just needs to win one "3 out of 5" set.

YOU MAY SIGN UP FOR A MAXIMUM OF THREE CHARACTERS

Players must sign themselves up and the characters they're signing up for and leave only their PSN in the topic, any questions, post here.

After the sign-ups close, the players in each category must take it up with themselves to settle on a time to fight. You each will have one week from the end of sign-ups (from 1/25/13 to the end of the month 1/31/13) to add each other and fight. After fighting every person in your category, PM (via GameFAQs or PSN[Rlaur]) me the full results. When PMing me, include the full score (2-0 or 2-1). The Finalists of each category will fight each other on a designated day. It will be decided when all Finalists have been determined.

Current Sign-ups are (GFAQs Name - PSN):

Kratos:
AndKevinBacon - Bakezula

PaRappa:
blakshadow501 - yungman

Spike:
FReSH_2DEATH - thecoolFNF
PirateKing290 - Weeeler
Game-ROB - FrossToad
urbanpwner2 - corbin1xo
BkzUzi - BkzUzi
ArthurZero12 - goddessbracelet
Captain_Kid - Mangoblade

Sly:
LluaZarg - Lluazarg
Heroicmedic92 - Heroicmoises
AssassinHawkins - AssassinHawkins

Raiden:
Sidewaka- Sidewaka
wrightreyesrock - barber26623
rlaur2 - Rlaur

Nathan Drake:
moglimoogle - GilmanEastbay
Bluffnoris - juanaco_RUS
Zerogravity38 - ZeroGravity38
rlaur2 - Rlaur

Sir Dan:

Sackboy:
-crashbfan- - crashbfan23
SpacePirateKhan - SpacePirateKhan
Disigmatism - Disigmatism

Sweet Tooth:
Doom_J - Dr_Doom_j2

Jak:
LightEcoSage - BlueDiamond93
Lucarioaura22 - Silver2-0_8

Toro:
fuzzylittlebunny - Meshmashtian
Myles98 - GRANDSCENARIOS

Radec:
CT_Hardcase - LittleDC
atopthemountain - grau226
TheBlackAce222 - xOptogerx
Bahamut_Shin - Bahamut_Shin

Dante:
N_bro - nibskhi
act_right - act_right117
Assazin_90 - Assazin_93

Ratchet:
darkcloudrepeat - Darkcloudrepeat
IcyFlamez96 - xQziCyFlaMeZxQz
TUSMEnterprises - TUSMBOX
EpicMickeyDrew - Shuffle666

Heihachi:
77Balmung77 - Balmung77
Aalz-7 - Aalz-7
Funumbalist - wiyr

Cole McGrath:
Crabhammar - Bluechacho
TWIAYSDTI109 - popotron109
LaKizzle23 - Lakizzle23

Evil Cole:
FinallifeG - FinalllifeG
dabuz - dabuz18
rlaur2 - Rlaur

Fat Princess:
Potatoman622 - Potatoman622
jivical - Needs to provide a PSN
InninXI - YoninXI

Nariko:
naruko243 - LunarReaper
Sackboy4mvp - WaLuigi4life

Big Daddy:
Kindertotenwald - Omnisignificance
---
-_-
#2MosgusPosted 1/17/2013 3:41:26 PM
I'd sign my name but that would imply that anyone else had a chance in the first place.
#3InninXIPosted 1/17/2013 3:43:16 PM
I need to be under fat princess. Please and thankyou
---
PSN: YoninXI
Fat Princess Main: "Cake Please!"
#4Rlaur2(Topic Creator)Posted 1/17/2013 3:43:33 PM
There were a few problems with the previous hosting. One, this "knockout tournament" would've taken a ridiculously long time. For example, with the way it was previously set-up, the Spike category would consist of about 77 individual fights to finally determine a winner. Two, the one character rule is silly, pure and simple. And three, there should not have been 20 individual topics for this, that just created a mess of a front page.
---
-_-
#5KarstienPosted 1/17/2013 3:47:45 PM
I would have likely signed up, except three characters, and then the winners fight each other? Sounds stupid. Even if you give a winner of two a bye, then that's a character not represented in the final mash.
#6Rlaur2(Topic Creator)Posted 1/17/2013 3:50:37 PM
and then the winners fight each other?

No.
---
-_-
#7KindertotenwaldPosted 1/17/2013 3:55:49 PM(edited)
rlaur2 posted...
There were a few problems with the previous hosting. One, this "knockout tournament" would've taken a ridiculously long time. For example, with the way it was previously set-up, the Spike category would consist of about 77 individual fights to finally determine a winner. Two, the one character rule is silly, pure and simple. And three, there should not have been 20 individual topics for this, that just created a mess of a front page.

Wow dude lol.

I spoke with Dabuz and the rules were going to be changed (Round Robin best of 5)

3 is just as silly as 1 by your logic.

Yeah because there was so much more interesting stuff there already.

The fact that you couldn't come talk to me in private and explain your case says a lot, it seems you just got annoyed cause it wasn;t your way, w.e you can run it.

Edit: Also lol what happened to "let the people decide" with a vote? It seems that some people also like the idea at the end the top 20 play eachother then.
---
PSASBR: Raiden
PSN: Omnisignificance
#8KarstienPosted 1/17/2013 3:53:30 PM
rlaur2 posted...
and then the winners fight each other?

No.

That was in the original rules though. I agree they should be streamlined, but once you have the best for every character, why wouldn't you pit them all against each other to see who comes out on top? Wasted opportunity.
#9ImDyinSquirtlePosted 1/17/2013 3:54:43 PM
I cant decide between Radec or Sir Dam :(
---
Help me Squirtle, dont just stand there...Im freaking dying
#10Rlaur2(Topic Creator)Posted 1/17/2013 3:56:08 PM(edited)
That was in the original rules though. I agree they should be streamlined, but once you have the best for every character, why wouldn't you pit them all against each other to see who comes out on top? Wasted opportunity.

Because that's not the point of this.

I cant decide between Radec or Sir Dam :(

You don't have to! You can sign up for three characters.
---
-_-