If you could make one gameplay change what would it be?

#21jump__0Posted 1/18/2013 8:25:25 PM
Pink_a_Dink posted...
I think everyone is forgetting that Big Daddy has constant chances of not flinching when he gets hit.

it's armored moves. there's no chance to the armor activating. it's move specific for certain frames.
---
power of friendship one shots everything. - DarkHeroZX
#22blazin640Posted 1/18/2013 8:32:54 PM(edited)
PokemonYoutube posted...
Get rid of the super system and implement a Smash Bros style ringout system.

And I think I'm not the only one.

If they were going to do this, they would need to change gameplay completely. Especially removing combos. You know how fast matches would end with some characters having long combos over others?

If they would have copied SSB, I probably wouldn't have bought it.
---
There goes my free time
#23PielordXPosted 1/18/2013 8:30:17 PM
The ringout system needs to stay as far away from this game as possible, this isn't smash bros and doesn't work like it. I'm sorry if I'm going to upset anyone when I say this but if you can't get over the super system its because you:
1. Suck at it
2. Too much of a Smash Fan that you mentally dismissed this game
3. Tried it and don't like it (which is probably #1)
---
If there were more people like me the world would be a better place. That's just a fact. -Compass
#24blaze19_0X(Topic Creator)Posted 1/18/2013 8:31:23 PM
Big Daddy's AP gain is far from the best in the game.

He does have super armour on some attacks though (when you don't flinch while getting hit).

Anyway, while admittedly implementing a Smash Bros percent system would fix much of the issues in the game, they'd have to do the ENTIRE game mechanics from scratch. It's be basically making a whole new game.

Not going to lie though, after seeing the issues with the current system, I do wish they had just stuck to the percent system but realistically that was never going to happen.

Also not only does Smash have combos, but imo the combo system is far better and more fluid especially for a platform figher. It's not just let's mindlessly dial up a static combo.
---
http://allstararena.com
Competitve Hub for Playstation All-Stars Battle Royale
#25Chzrm3Posted 1/18/2013 8:32:22 PM
Ganondorf (in Melee) is actually a great example of how a heavier character can still be viable.

This is actually hard, there's so many good choices. I think at the end of the day I'd go with adding a sprint, though. Doing that would at least put us on the SSB64 level of speed, If they add a dash attack, that's bonus points. : D
---
If I haven't mentioned Trivio in my post, it's because she is so beautiful and precarious that I just wanted to show her how much she means to me.
#26blazin640Posted 1/18/2013 8:35:31 PM
blaze19_0X posted...

He does have super armour on some attacks though (when you don't flinch while getting hit).

Anyway, while admittedly implementing a Smash Bros percent system would fix much of the issues in the game, they'd have to do the ENTIRE game mechanics from scratch. It's be basically making a whole new game.

Not going to lie though, after seeing the issues with the current system, I do wish they had just stuck to the percent system but realistically that was never going to happen.

Also not only does Smash have combos, but imo the combo system is far better and more fluid especially for a platform figher. It's not just let's mindlessly dial up a static combo.

Never said he had best ap gain. It's definitely one of the best though. And you keep forgetting AP burst combos, which are way more complex than SSB combos.
---
There goes my free time
#27blaze19_0X(Topic Creator)Posted 1/18/2013 8:36:44 PM
blazin640 posted...
blaze19_0X posted...

And you keep forgetting AP burst combos, which are way more complex than SSB combos.

No.
---
http://allstararena.com
Competitve Hub for Playstation All-Stars Battle Royale
#28PielordXPosted 1/18/2013 8:38:01 PM
blaze19_0X posted...
blazin640 posted...
blaze19_0X posted...

And you keep forgetting AP burst combos, which are way more complex than SSB combos.

No.

I know this isn't the first time I've told you that its too early to declare things like this...
---
If there were more people like me the world would be a better place. That's just a fact. -Compass
#29blazin640Posted 1/18/2013 8:40:45 PM
blaze19_0X posted...
blazin640 posted...
blaze19_0X posted...

No.

Really? Though I'm not concerned since even you know. Can't even back up why. Give me one video where a SSB combo is complex.
---
There goes my free time
#30Ludacris01Posted 1/18/2013 8:47:06 PM
Throwing needs to have a bigger AP loss. As it stands, the amt you lose, even when you're almost to a level 3, can be made up in Like 3 moves.

They're almost useless if your opponent has less than 2 meters, unless your character can combo off a throw
---
"that ambipom is on crack" - Lemonz89
Official Spyro of the PAS:BR board. SPYRO THE DRAGON FOR SONY SMASH