If you could make one gameplay change what would it be?

#41blazin640Posted 1/18/2013 10:17:52 PM
Smash is competitive, i just feel that competitive to me requires loads of strategy and much practice with characters. This game can be competitive, but hit confirms kinda squander that, even though they make this game a much better challenge. I'm also not denying that playing against other smash players will be a challenge. Its just not the challenge I am looking for.
---
There goes my free time
#42WickedSickJoshPosted 1/18/2013 10:22:29 PM
Honestly, all I'd like is to just double tap left or right to dash/run. :-/
---
Currently Playing: Playstation All-Stars Battle Royal (PS3), WWE '13 (360), New Super Mario Bros. 2 (3DS)
"You can't sedate all the things you hate"
#43blaze19_0X(Topic Creator)Posted 1/18/2013 10:56:35 PM
blazin640 posted...
Smash is competitive, i just feel that competitive to me requires loads of strategy and much practice with characters. This game can be competitive, but hit confirms kinda squander that, even though they make this game a much better challenge. I'm also not denying that playing against other smash players will be a challenge. Its just not the challenge I am looking for.

I'm not sure what you are trying to argue. You seem to be confused.

If you are saying Smash doesn't require pratice,strategy or character mastery you are mistaken. If you think you wouldn't get completely destroyed if you faced an actual good Smash player you are also mistaken.

Btw, Dabuz who's largely considered the best PSASBR player right now is also a top Brawl player.
---
http://allstararena.com
Competitve Hub for Playstation All-Stars Battle Royale
#44SpacePirateKhanPosted 1/18/2013 11:01:11 PM
Make Jumping less safe. >_>;
---
"The best things in life must be taken... by force!"
~Captain Khan
#45Charizard18Posted 1/18/2013 11:08:46 PM
Tripping.
---
Who would win, Jedi Charizard or Jedi Jigglypuff?
"I'm a bagel whore" -blazin640
#46blazin640Posted 1/18/2013 11:13:45 PM
blaze19_0X posted...
blazin640 posted...

If you are saying Smash doesn't require pratice,strategy or character mastery you are mistaken. If you think you wouldn't get completely destroyed if you faced an actual good Smash player you are also mistaken.

Btw, Dabuz who's largely considered the best PSASBR player right now is also a top Brawl player.

I'm saying it doesn't require much strategy. Be honest now. Ring outs are the cause of this. Find out the best moves for the right situations, read player strategy, execute. Not much compared to having to pull off a non hit confirm super and/or worry about hit confirm opponents. It just feels more satisfying getting a super off because of planning rather than hitting a guy out of bounds from just skill or luck..
---
There goes my free time
#47PielordXPosted 1/18/2013 11:15:20 PM
blazin640 posted...
blaze19_0X posted...
blazin640 posted...

I'm saying it doesn't require much strategy. Be honest now. Ring outs are the cause of this. Find out the best moves for the right situations, read player strategy, execute. Not much compared to having to pull off a non hit confirm super and/or worry about hit confirm opponents. It just feels more satisfying getting a super off because of planning rather than hitting a guy out of bounds from just skill or luck..

ATTN: Blaze

Before your rebuttal, he isn't talking about competitive smash in this post. Please keep this in mind as you retort.
---
If there were more people like me the world would be a better place. That's just a fact. -Compass
#48toomanymouthsPosted 1/18/2013 11:28:45 PM
It's funny. When the game came out, I made a topic about how necessary air supers were. Everyone ridiculed me.

Now, half the people say it's the one gameplay change they'd make....
#49blaze19_0X(Topic Creator)Posted 1/18/2013 11:29:53 PM(edited)
PielordX posted...
blazin640 posted...
blaze19_0X posted...
blazin640 posted...

Before your rebuttal, he isn't talking about competitive smash in this post. Please keep this in mind as you retort.

Actually he is. Read it again.

ATT: Blazin

Proper edgeguarding and/or getting a kill move off requires a lot of forethought and strategy.

Basically everything you've said so far points to the fact that you've just never played anyone good in Smash and are quite terrible at the game yourself. If you had, you'd realize how wrong you were in all aspects.
---
http://allstararena.com
Competitve Hub for Playstation All-Stars Battle Royale
#50blazin640Posted 1/18/2013 11:32:59 PM
blaze19_0X posted...
PielordX posted...
blazin640 posted...
blaze19_0X posted...
blazin640 posted...

Actually he is. Read it again.

ATT: Blazin

Proper edgeguarding and/or getting a kill move off requires a lot of forethought and strategy.

Basically everything you've said so far points to the fact that you've just never played anyone good in Smash and are quite terrible at the game yourself. If you had, you'd realize how wrong you were in all aspects.

Quite an assumption you have there. I am little wrong. Getting a kill off isn't as hard as a non hit confirm super. You know that.
---
There goes my free time