If you could make one gameplay change what would it be?

• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale
  3. If you could make one gameplay change what would it be?
3 years ago#51
I'm not the only one, but change the physics of the game a little: Control of descent speed.
---
Wii U: Mario/Assasins creed. Vita: UMVC, PSASBR: Big Daddy (999) KINGDOM_BRINGER. DS: Pokemon Black2
3 years ago#52
toomanymouths posted...
It's funny. When the game came out, I made a topic about how necessary air supers were. Everyone ridiculed me.

Now, half the people say it's the one gameplay change they'd make....

I made a topic before the game came out that PSASBR would probably be an air based game.

But I never dreamed it'd be this broken. Air camping is WAY too safe in the game. I and others have been stating this for ages now.
---
http://allstararena.com
Competitve Hub for Playstation All-Stars Battle Royale
3 years ago#53
I really dont understand why people want air supers so bad.

If your opponent is jumping nonstop and you cant hit them with your level 1, what's stopping you from hitting the opponent with the rest of your attacks? You keep knocking them around, you're getting closer to a level 2 (and possibly a level 3) while they are struggling to build meter AND avoid the rest of your stuff

From what it sounds like, The way you people play is, once a person reaches a level 1, all attacks stop and you're just trying to line up your super (which becomes incredibly predictable).

I am aware that it becomes difficult to reach your opponent on a huge stage like Dreamscape or Invasion, but that is a problem with the stages, rather than the mechanics.
---
Help me Squirtle, dont just stand there...Im freaking dying
3 years ago#54
Getting a kill off isn't as hard as a non hit confirm super. You know that.

Depends on the Super. A lot of level 2s and 3s are brain dead easy to execute. They are a basically win buttons once you get them.

And the reason non hit confirm level 1s are so hard to get is because air camping is so powerfully safe in this game. I wouldn't exactly brag about that, it's actually one of the biggest issues with the game right now.
---
3 years ago#55
blaze19_0X posted...

Depends on the Super. A lot of level 2s and 3s are brain dead easy to execute. They are a basically win buttons once you get them.

And the reason non hit confirm level 1s are so hard to get is because air camping is so powerfully safe in this game. I wouldn't exactly brag about that, it's actually one of the biggest issues with the game right now.

Wait..... Aren't level 1s supposed to be hard to hit though?
---
[Not changing sig until a new Ratchet and Clank game that I can be hyped for is announced.]
PSASBR Main: Ratchet, PSN: xQziCyFlaMeZxQz, msg to _krat0s_: K
3 years ago#56
ImDyinSquirtle posted...

If your opponent is jumping nonstop and you cant hit them with your level 1, what's stopping you from hitting the opponent with the rest of your attacks? You keep knocking them around, you're getting closer to a level 2 (and possibly a level 3) while they are struggling to build meter AND avoid the rest of your stuff

From what it sounds like, The way you people play is, once a person reaches a level 1, all attacks stop and you're just trying to line up your super (which becomes incredibly predictable).

I am aware that it becomes difficult to reach your opponent on a huge stage like Dreamscape or Invasion, but that is a problem with the stages, rather than the mechanics.

The thing is not everyone has a good level 2 either. Look at Spike. Air camping keeps you safe from both his level 1 AND level 2.

Also not every character has good juggling tools and can actually pressure against air camping.

Lastly I agree part of the issue is stages and I've said this many times. It's one of the reasons air camping is so strong in the game. Even the smallest stages in the game are kind of enormous.
---
3 years ago#57
blaze19_0X posted...

Good point, I mean with harder to use characters like Jak and Sir Dan. And air camping is easily solved. Everybody has an anti aerial attack. Get your other supers and win lol. Not that hard like squirtle mentioned above.

If you are someone like Spike with no aerial supers, the other opponent still has to use their supers and come down to combo. Air Camping doesn't help in the slightest. It makes you more vulnerable and you can't get loads of AP.
---
There goes my free time
3 years ago#58
I'd take some rebalancing. If not nerfing the better characters (becuase let's face it, they're really fun to use), then buffing the worse ones. Characters that are "harder to use" due to low AP gain and bad supers? No, that's bullcrap. Jak, Nariko, Spike, and Sir Dan are really fun to play as, but are held back by either their AP gain or their overall supers...or both. I'm not including Big Daddy in that list because I honestly see him a lot, and he seems to have no problem gaining AP and hitting his level 2, which, when used right, is one of the best in the game.
3 years ago#59
NDgamer1122 posted...
I'd take some rebalancing. If not nerfing the better characters (becuase let's face it, they're really fun to use), then buffing the worse ones. Characters that are "harder to use" due to low AP gain and bad supers? No, that's bullcrap. Jak, Nariko, Spike, and Sir Dan are really fun to play as, but are held back by either their AP gain or their overall supers...or both. I'm not including Big Daddy in that list because I honestly see him a lot, and he seems to have no problem gaining AP and hitting his level 2, which, when used right, is one of the best in the game.

Only Nariko has hard to use Supers out of that list. Everyone else's super is fine. AP gain for Spike and Sir Dan are ridiculous. Jak kinda needs a buff, but only to select moves like peacemaker.

I love Sir Dans level 1. It's all I ever use. You can't aim other level 1 supers like his and its fast. Nobody expects it. Most people don't even know you can just aim it right at players who are on the ground and kill them. Short characters obviously don't apply.

Spikes level 1 is a monster if you look for the right openings.
---
There goes my free time
3 years ago#60
blaze19_0X posted...
ImDyinSquirtle posted...

The thing is not everyone has a good level 2 either. Look at Spike. Air camping keeps you safe from both his level 1 AND level 2.

Also not every character has good juggling tools and can actually pressure against air camping.

Lastly I agree part of the issue is stages and I've said this many times. It's one of the reasons air camping is so strong in the game. Even the smallest stages in the game are kind of enormous.

So if Spike was magically able to do his level 1 and 2 in the air, do you REALLY think it will make a difference?
---
Help me Squirtle, dont just stand there...Im freaking dying
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale
  3. If you could make one gameplay change what would it be?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived