If you could make one gameplay change what would it be?

#71blazin640Posted 1/18/2013 11:34:12 PM(edited)
blaze19_0X posted...
blazin640 posted...
blazin640 posted...
blaze19_0X posted...
Getting a kill off isn't as hard as a non hit confirm super. You know that.

Depends on the Super. A lot of level 2s and 3s are brain dead easy to execute. They are a basically win buttons once you get them.

And the reason non hit confirm level 1s are so hard to get is because air camping is so powerfully safe in this game. I wouldn't exactly brag about that, it's actually one of the biggest issues with the game right now.

Good point, I mean with harder to use characters like Jak and Sir Dan. And air camping is easily solved. Everybody has an anti aerial attack. Get your other supers and win lol. Not that hard like squirtle mentioned above.

If you are someone like Spike with no aerial supers, the other opponent still has to use their supers and come down to combo. Air Camping doesn't help in the slightest. It makes you more vulnerable and you can't get loads of AP.

I'm posting this again because you ignored it blaze.

99% of AP burst combos in this game require you to be grounded and not holding block. 80+% of level 1 and 2s only hit if you are on the ground or at least close to it.

And yet staying in the air makes you more vulnerable? Think about that for a moment.

If I'm looking for a long range level 1 hit confirm (FP or Evil Cole for instance) or level 2 I never have to come down until I'm safe to do so.

And when are you ever safe to come down if that person has yet to use his hit confirm on you?

You don't get what I'm saying. I'm saying that obviously you are at a disadvantage by air camping. Sure you dodge hit confirms but imagine if a kratos had 1 life against an evil cole who had 3. What point would he have of air camping? He wouldn't gain as much AP, which would put him in further risk of losing, and evil cole could gain even more AP with his projectiles. Plus Evil Cole has plenty of other moves suited for Air Countering.

If Evil Cole gains enough AP for his level 2 because you were too scared enough to block his hit confirm, and pressure/throw, obviously you lost. Even if you do air camp, once you are about to land, its game over.
---
There goes my free time
#72blaze19_0X(Topic Creator)Posted 1/18/2013 11:42:54 PM
Nobody claimed it was a top notch comeback strategy, it's just something that's too good in neutral or if you are in the lead. Especially if you are killing the clock (aka winning by timeout).

I mean every good-top player seems to be utilizing it to some extent. I'm sure you have as well. It's obviously overpowered.
---
http://allstararena.com
Competitve Hub for Playstation All-Stars Battle Royale
#73Ludacris01Posted 1/18/2013 11:45:03 PM
Killing the clock exists in every game, and Smash is especially known for this.
---
"that ambipom is on crack" - Lemonz89
Official Spyro of the PAS:BR board. SPYRO THE DRAGON FOR SONY SMASH
#74blaze19_0X(Topic Creator)Posted 1/18/2013 11:45:43 PM
Ludacris01 posted...

And nobody said otherwise.
---
#75blazin640Posted 1/18/2013 11:47:05 PM
blaze19_0X posted...
Nobody claimed it was a top notch comeback strategy, it's just something that's too good in neutral or if you are in the lead. Especially if you are killing the clock (aka winning by timeout).

I mean every good-top player seems to be utilizing it to some extent. I'm sure you have as well. It's obviously overpowered.

Thats why I play stock.
---
There goes my free time
#76blaze19_0X(Topic Creator)Posted 1/18/2013 11:48:07 PM
blazin640 posted...
blaze19_0X posted...

Thats why I play stock.

As do I.

But stock mode is unviable right now for tourny play because there's no timer. You need stocks+timer for that to be viable.

Hopefully Superbot patches that in soon, they said they would.
---
#77Ludacris01Posted 1/18/2013 11:53:12 PM
blaze19_0X posted...
Ludacris01 posted...

And nobody said otherwise.

Pros using that strategy to run out the clock is completely irrelevant to whether or not it is OP
---
"that ambipom is on crack" - Lemonz89
Official Spyro of the PAS:BR board. SPYRO THE DRAGON FOR SONY SMASH
#78blaze19_0X(Topic Creator)Posted 1/19/2013 12:00:59 AM(edited)
Perhaps, perhaps not but either way that's hardly the main reason people are saying it's overpowered. They are saying it at least to my knowledge, because it's so safe compared to being on the ground.

Again partially because almost all AP burst combos and supers (aka two most dangerous things in the game) require you to be on the ground.
---
#79ImDyinSquirtlePosted 1/19/2013 12:06:37 AM(edited)
blaze19_0X posted...
Perhaps but that's hardly the main reason people are saying it's overpowered. They are saying it at least to my knowledge, because it's so safe compared to being on the ground.

Again because almost all AP burst combos and supers (aka two most dangerous things in the game) require you to be on the ground.

Ding ding ding, there's the answer to your problem.

They are the two most dangerous things, meaning people rely on them the most for offense and get easily predictable. Does NOT mean other offensive options don't exist. This is where the whole aspect of mind games comes into play.

This is the reason why I hate fighting Fat Princess players who do NOTHING but the air swordsman over and over. It is easily avoidable, and they SEE me avoiding it over and over, yet they continue to do it. At no point do they ever decide to throw out a different attack and mix me up, and as a result the match becomes incredibly boring.

Yet they fault me for jumping to avoid it/the mechanics for being safe against it, rather than taking the blame for their bland strategy. I am well aware that Fat Princess can hit confirm into her level 1, as well as start AP bursts off of it - that is why I am expecting it, and avoid it accordingly.
---
Help me Squirtle, dont just stand there...Im freaking dying
#80blaze19_0X(Topic Creator)Posted 1/19/2013 12:12:49 AM(edited)
ImDyinSquirtle posted...
blaze19_0X posted...
Perhaps but that's hardly the main reason people are saying it's overpowered. They are saying it at least to my knowledge, because it's so safe compared to being on the ground.

Again because almost all AP burst combos and supers (aka two most dangerous things in the game) require you to be on the ground.

Ding ding ding, there's the answer to your problem.

They are the two most dangerous things, meaning people rely on them the most for offense and get easily predictable. Does NOT mean other offensive options don't exist. This is where the whole aspect of mind games comes into play.

This is the reason why I hate fighting Fat Princess players who do NOTHING but the air swordsman over and over. It is easily avoidable, and they SEE me avoiding it over and over, yet they continue to do it. At no point do they ever decide to throw out a different attack and mix me up, and as a result the match becomes incredibly boring.

Yet they fault me for jumping to avoid it/the mechanics for being safe against it, rather than taking the blame for their bland strategy. I am well aware that Fat Princess can hit confirm into her level 1, as well as start AP bursts off of it - that is why I am expecting it, and avoid it accordingly.

And that's just it isn't it? Air camping being so safe:

1. Is causing them to use this bland tactic and stay completely safe. After all, if no one can punish them why should they stop?
2. Causes you to resort to air camping as well to avoid it. Again why shouldn't you? It's the best option.
3. In the end causes a boring stalemate which a lot of 1 vs 1s end up being.
---