If you could make one gameplay change what would it be?

#81ImDyinSquirtlePosted 1/19/2013 12:19:43 AM
You are not getting it.

It's not the fact that air camping is too safe, it's the fact that air camping is safe against that strategy.

I have not had a problem against Fat Princess players. I simply don't like fighting them because they refuse to change their strategies even when they see it isn't working. They keep getting hit by other attacks, and I have been in positions where I know I can be easily punished if they altered their strategy

Yet they refuse to do it.
---
Help me Squirtle, dont just stand there...Im freaking dying
#82Ludacris01Posted 1/19/2013 12:21:28 AM
It sounds like people are just getting mad because they can't land the single combo they've practiced in training mode as easily as they want.
---
"that ambipom is on crack" - Lemonz89
Official Spyro of the PAS:BR board. SPYRO THE DRAGON FOR SONY SMASH
#83blaze19_0X(Topic Creator)Posted 1/19/2013 12:34:54 AM(edited)
ImDyinSquirtle posted...
You are not getting it.

It's not the fact that air camping is too safe, it's the fact that air camping is safe against that strategy.

I have not had a problem against Fat Princess players. I simply don't like fighting them because they refuse to change their strategies even when they see it isn't working. They keep getting hit by other attacks, and I have been in positions where I know I can be easily punished if they altered their strategy

Yet they refuse to do it.

No, you don't get it.

Why are so many people playing this way? It's because it's a very safe viable strategy. If you don't believe me, go play some of these better players. They know how to abuse this strategy to the fullest, not just the super predictable way these randoms are doing it.

I repeat, in no other fighting game are you forced to be on the ground to get a kill. Just think about that for a minute. Imagine if SF was like this. Imagine if Smash was like this.
---
http://allstararena.com
Competitve Hub for Playstation All-Stars Battle Royale
#84ImDyinSquirtlePosted 1/19/2013 12:29:56 AM(edited)
Fine, maybe I simply have not seen these professional matches be able to agree with you thus far.

In that case, I ask that you provide me with some videos of pro play, so that I may see and decide for myself.
---
#85blaze19_0X(Topic Creator)Posted 1/19/2013 12:35:59 AM
Join the 1 vs 1 tourny Dabuz is hosting tomorrow (Saturday). Take note of how every good player you play, plays.
---
#86ImDyinSquirtlePosted 1/19/2013 12:41:55 AM
I cannot because the PSN I use to play does not belong to me, and he would rather I don't post it on this board.

But you say many pros do this, so I am positive there must be some pro matches on YouTube that you have seen which can be shared
---
#87blaze19_0X(Topic Creator)Posted 1/19/2013 12:47:21 AM
ImDyinSquirtle posted...
I cannot because the PSN I use to play does not belong to me, and he would rather I don't post it on this board.

But you say many pros do this, so I am positive there must be some pro matches on YouTube that you have seen which can be shared

I don't know if any high level matches have been recorded (where both players were really good).
The game is still new after all and the no replay feature doesn't help.

You can have multiple PSN accounts on a single PS3. Just make a new account for yourself.

You could be right in the long term btw again because the game is new. Maybe right now that's the dominant strategy because it seems so obvious right now (supers/ap bursts only work on the ground? Guess I'll stay in the high in the air as much as possible!).

But as of right now top players like Dabuz agree with me and so many others that this tactic is overpowered.
---