How Not to be a Scrub at Playstation All Stars Battle Royale

#1Leebee LinkPosted 1/19/2013 4:07:03 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9bNJRdP12fw

I made this video to dispel a lot of the crap that gets thrown around when it comes to this game. It's really great and deserves to be played in a lot more places. The video focuses on common misconceptions, to the design philosophy of PSASBR. I thought it was timely with SoCal Regionals being this weekend that people should really get to know the game.

Cheers,

Leebee
#2CrabhammarPosted 1/19/2013 4:08:04 PM
Scrub a dub dub
---
Sent from my iPhone via PowerFAQs 1.9... if you use PowerFAQs, ask me how to change your quoting style STAT!
PSN: Bluechacho
#3blaze19_0XPosted 1/19/2013 4:25:17 PM(edited)
While your video is a good starter for those entering competitive fighting games in general, most of the knowledge in it is already well known to us more experienced players in the genre.

More importantly, it doesn't refute any of the major inherent flaws with the game right now that makes it seem really bareones and 1 dimensional when compared to Smash and traditional fighters.
---
http://allstararena.com
Competitve Hub for Playstation All-Stars Battle Royale
#4Retroxgamer0Posted 1/19/2013 4:25:02 PM
b-b-but radecs sniper rifle! =*(

^favorite part of the video XD
#5Marty_Mcfly321Posted 1/19/2013 5:39:49 PM
I lol'd a little too hard at the Cole part.

I didn't quite understand some of the fighting game lingo (zoning?) but still, great video.
---
For God so loved the world, he gave his only begotten son, and whoever believes in him shall not perish, but have everlasting life. John 3:16
#6blaze19_0XPosted 1/19/2013 5:44:18 PM
Marty_Mcfly321 posted...
I lol'd a little too hard at the Cole part.

I didn't quite understand some of the fighting game lingo (zoning?) but still, great video.

Zoning is basically controlling space, hence the word "zone". By throwing out safe normal moves or projectiles, you are effectively keeping your opponent from safely entering your "zone". They are being kept out and it stops their approaches.
---
http://allstararena.com
Competitve Hub for Playstation All-Stars Battle Royale
#7Marty_Mcfly321Posted 1/19/2013 6:22:54 PM
I figured it was something like that. Thanks for clearing that up dude.
---
For God so loved the world, he gave his only begotten son, and whoever believes in him shall not perish, but have everlasting life. John 3:16
#8dabuzPosted 1/19/2013 7:07:15 PM
Good video for the new players on this board. I was half expecting a sarcastic video at first.
---
Looking for a competitive hub for Playstation All Stars? Want tournaments and events with CASH PRIZES? Visit this site: http://allstararena.com/
psn: dabuz18
#9shadowjericPosted 1/19/2013 7:30:37 PM
Good Job Leebee. Hope it encourages some people to actually play the game.
---
Call me Jeric. pokemon white 2 fc: 0519 5086 7298 gamertag: shadowjeric psn:shadowjeric
#10Leebee Link(Topic Creator)Posted 1/19/2013 11:45:50 PM
blaze19_0X posted...
While your video is a good starter for those entering competitive fighting games in general, most of the knowledge in it is already well known to us more experienced players in the genre.

More importantly, it doesn't refute any of the major inherent flaws with the game right now that makes it seem really bareones and 1 dimensional when compared to Smash and traditional fighters.

I mostly made it for people looking in on the game and not playing it much.

it definitely doesn't go in depth on strategy and such for any of the characters/how to win, but I plan to have more specific videos for all of that. I still see so many "experienced players" not understanding fundamentally how to play against certain characters or use their advantages.

I'm not sure what major inherent flaws you're referring to, but to each their own I suppose. I feel like every smash is hardly even playable at a competitive level (project M is pretty great though) given how terribly designed most characters are. and this is coming from someone who used to play competitive smash.

to everyone, thanks for the feedback and the comments. I hope it was at least a little entertaining. :3