i like jaks moveset, i just wish more than a third of it was usable.

#1Retroxgamer0Posted 1/20/2013 3:27:08 AM(edited)
i prettymuch hung him up cause i got tired of how repetitive he was feeling, but most of his moves just arent worth the time for the ap they give. like for instance his neutral triangle or down triangle..why would i bother? and i know a few combos with his down square in the air and up triangle, but the ap is lower than just spamming the forward triangles why bother? i know its nothing you guys dont already know, but has anyone else just hung him up? i just cant do it anymore sorry Jak.. maybe in a patch if they fix him up, but hes just not worth it right now.
#2SidewalkaPosted 1/20/2013 3:27:51 AM
He's still great at punishing melee chars, though
#3SelitePosted 1/20/2013 3:29:22 AM
He's the only character my local 2v2 partner is willing to play.

His moves seem decently varied and still useful, theyre good enough to support me in 2v2 at least and get a nice amount of kills each match without spamming.
---
Check it.
http://www.youtube.com/user/selite
#4Retroxgamer0(Topic Creator)Posted 1/20/2013 3:35:50 AM(edited)
well yeah hes good at support, but he feels so repetitive. 90% of that support is coming in the way of spamming forward triangle or down circle isnt it? hes working off of a third of a moveset, because the other 2/3rds is useless.

personally i only use fivemoves for jak

forward triangle
down circle
forward square (air and ground)
and down square

and rarely up triangle, usually if they are above my head, when im trying to space my level 1.
#5SelitePosted 1/20/2013 3:54:45 AM
He actually never uses down circle, I keep reminding him but it never seems to stick.

He plays more of a melee Jak with (I'm not sure how good it is) the drone up most of the time. Running in and punching away then zooming away and gunning if things get too hectic or too lead them away for a super.

Up triangle has saved me a few times (I'm terrible at anti air) and I'm sure if I paid more attention there would be other moves, I admit not all are useful but against good players you can't really spam.
---
Check it.
http://www.youtube.com/user/selite
#6KagePakkunPosted 1/20/2013 8:07:29 AM
I wouldn't call them unusable. They're more....complex to use,I guess.

I use most of his moveset, minus a few. Neutral Triangle is definitely not useless, nor is forward circle, neutral square, up square, or neutral circle.

Honestly, to me, it sounds like you're going into battle with the wrong idea of how you should be using him.

Now, don't get me wrong, I'm not just blankly stating "get better and stop sucking, he's awesome" because I know in comparison, he's harder to get a grip with and he is flawed.

Now, down triangle and up circle are useless or close to it. It's like Superbot just forgot to completely finish those moves.
---
PSN: KagePakkunX.
Official Kat of the PSASBR boards.
#7taoxadasaPosted 1/20/2013 8:23:18 AM
If you don't use all of a character's movesets to their full potential you are playing the game wrong.

Not a single move in this game is useless.
---
Jumping Flash!'s Robbit needs to be in Playstation All-Stars as DLC! Sign the petition for him here:
http://www.petitionbuzz.com/petitions/robbitfirstallstar
#8Retroxgamer0(Topic Creator)Posted 1/20/2013 8:25:52 AM
taoxadasa posted...
If you don't use all of a character's movesets to their full potential you are playing the game wrong.

Not a single move in this game is useless.

lol nice one
#9TrueKirbyPosted 1/20/2013 9:03:45 AM
Inb4LES
---
I had a bowl of milk for breakfast. Without any milk. People who agree:1 People who don't agree:0