the way characters run

#1Snake_BeaterPosted 1/20/2013 11:29:08 AM
In Smash, if I remember correctly, there are basically three movement animations: walking, creepy jogging, and sprinting. Typically no one ever does the creepy jog unless preparing to do a tilt attack.

Now, in PS All Stars, I've noticed that there are two movement animations: walking, and uncomfortably creepy jogging.

It looks like no character actually sprints. Instead, everyone moves pretty slowly. What's up with that? It lacks... feedback, and as a Smash player, I always think I can make my character move faster, but they never do.

Does this bother anyone else?
#2CrabhammarPosted 1/20/2013 11:30:46 AM
Nope.

/topic
---
Sent from my iPhone via PowerFAQs 1.9... if you use PowerFAQs, ask me how to change your quoting style STAT!
PSN: Bluechacho
#3Charizard18Posted 1/20/2013 11:32:45 AM
I do wish they'd added a dash of some sort, but it's nothing gamebreaking or anything.
---
Who would win, Jedi Charizard or Jedi Jigglypuff?
"I'm a bagel whore" -blazin640
#4Snake_Beater(Topic Creator)Posted 1/20/2013 11:40:07 AM
Charizard18 posted...
I do wish they'd added a dash of some sort, but it's nothing gamebreaking or anything.

Yeah, pretty much what I was thinking. I can't help but feel it looks a little off, though.
#5Charizard18Posted 1/20/2013 11:51:41 AM
Snake_Beater posted...
Charizard18 posted...

Yeah, pretty much what I was thinking. I can't help but feel it looks a little off, though.

It admittedly makes the game's pace a bit slower than it needs to be, because when you take into account the massive knockback that attacks have, sometimes it's just quicker to use moves like ECole's firebird superman thing or Sweet Tooth's air shoulder bash to close distance instead of just running. Running makes everything so slow. It's something I've been annoyed with in the past, with all the heavy knockback it just takes so long to get back into the action when you're using a character who doesn't have a move that makes you go fast like that.

So something's got to give. Sometimes I really wish we had a dash button.

I guess i get what they were going for though...the gameplay is supposed to be really chaotic so that's what the knockback is for, but yeah sometimes it just feels odd.
---
Who would win, Jedi Charizard or Jedi Jigglypuff?
"I'm a bagel whore" -blazin640
#6NDgamer1122Posted 1/20/2013 12:13:55 PM
Even with knockback, dashing won't break the game, and the input would be easy. Either slam the left analog stick left or right (like how it works in Smash), or double tap the d-pad button to start dashing. Would be easy to implement.
#7blaze19_0XPosted 1/20/2013 12:18:54 PM(edited)
Lack of proper dashing is one of the biggest issues with the game right now actually.

It's the reason it feels so slow and barebones at times and one of the reasons why air camping is strong.

They've basically given characters the speed they would have in traditional 2D fighters but what Superbot doesn't realize is that works in those games because the stages are TINY. Here they are massive (like twice as big as Smash on average) while giving LESS ground mobility options in terms of dashing. It makes no sense.
---
http://allstararena.com
Competitve Hub for Playstation All-Stars Battle Royale