The message you selected is no longer available for viewing.

I would main Zeus if he was in... [SPOILERS]

#1furygodsPosted 1/20/2013 4:33:06 PM
He was so badass in GoW, he tried to save the world but Kratos and his plot armor doomed his chances of winning.

If it was a legit 1 on 1 without any plot armor, Zeus would had handed Kratos his sorry ass, and show why he is the king of olympus.
---
School Days HQ: One of the best animated visual novels ever.
Shiny Days: Mediocre at best but Setsuna is adorable <3
#2SpacePirateKhanPosted 1/20/2013 4:38:39 PM(edited)
I'm pretty sure in GOW, Zeus was just acting on an inflated sense of fear/paranoia that infected him from Pandora's Box. He wasn't doing anything noble; he was just scared Kratos would usurp him like Ares tried to. And if you wanna go deeper, like how he usurped Cronos back in the day - this isn't an unheard of concept, there's already been a myth where Zeus swallowed someone who bore his child out of paranoia.

Zeus would be awesome though. Instead of Square Square Square chain spam, we'd have Triangle Triangle Triangle lightning spam :D
---
"The best things in life must be taken... by force!"
~Captain Khan
#3furygods(Topic Creator)Posted 1/20/2013 4:41:06 PM
SpacePirateKhan posted...
I'm pretty sure in GOW, Zeus was just acting on an inflated sense of fear/paranoia that infected him from Pandora's Box. He wasn't doing anything noble; he was just scared Kratos would usurp him like Ares tried to.

Sure the fear was a primary factor for why Zeus wanted Kratos to die, but in the end... He was his son after all...

That's why he believed in him (and saved him from death) to defeat Aries, cause he was trying to usurp him (in a way) and destroy the world.

That's why he gave him a chance to forever serve him when Kratos was drained of all of his powers, since he was destroying the world and was possibly trying to usurp him (in a way).

Kratos pretty much brought the end of the world when he destroyed the gods, and whatever Zeus was doing, aka destroying Kratos, would indeed be saving the world.

Not to mention at the ending, Zeus implied that he has the power to repair the world from all that destruction, but nope, Kratos has to be a douche bag...

He doesn't understand what he was doing was destroying the world, but maybe he did understand but he did it anyways cause he thought Zeus was evil and RAAAAGH I WILL HAVE MAH REVENGE!!!!
---
School Days HQ: One of the best animated visual novels ever.
Shiny Days: Mediocre at best but Setsuna is adorable <3
#4dadkwasherePosted 1/20/2013 4:42:10 PM
Doesnt prevent the fact Kratos caused the whole thing. I reeeeeallly dont like the guy. And Im not saying that because if I met him in real life he will probably do horrific things to me.
---
You need to find a more political solution.
Nhhrm. Tasty...LIQUID!!!...hmmm tasty.