So they didn't fix Sir Dan's shield glitch?

#11TerotrousPosted 1/22/2013 9:20:58 AM
It's probably the case that they didn't know about it until this patch was already in testing. Remember, it takes over a month from the time it's done to get a patch out.
---
http://terosclassicgaming.blogspot.com/ - Watch me beat "NES Die Hard"
http://www.backloggery.com/tero - My backloggery
#12I_phantomPosted 1/22/2013 9:27:01 AM(edited)
fulcar95 posted...
I_phantom posted...
^so zoners should be completely crippled, sometimes without them even knowing it because you disagree with their playstyle. Yeah that's solid reasoning...

I like Sir Dan and he should get buffs but the glitch is not the way.

There's a difference between zoners and spammers, and the glitch cripples no one, it only gives Dan slightly more AP per projectile, 5 AP to be exact. And yes it is solid reasoning.

Explain to me how it's not crippling for Sir Dan to just walk forward and get meter for pretty much everything Radec does. Keep in mind that even Radec's forward square counts as a projectile.
#13DavidgraymanPosted 1/22/2013 9:52:28 AM
fulcar95 posted...
It shouldn't be patched. I'm not just saying that because he's one of my mains, but mainly because its a punishment for projectile spammers. Its the only way the glitch works. It eats up projectiles, so all of the Ratchets, Jaks, Coles, Sackboys, Radecs, etc, who wanna run to one side of the screen and shoot/throw stuff all day get to taste 2 lvl 3's or 3 lvl 2's or whatever super Dan feels like doing. Sir Dan isn't known for having great supers anyway. His lvl 1 has no hit confirm combo since it can be teched, his lvl 2 can be dodged easily, and his lvl 3 is horrible on all the big maps. There are other characters with infinites (Drake/Dante), ridiculous ap gain (Kratos/Raiden), and overpowered supers (Sackboy/Parappa) who need much more immediate attention than Sir Dan, who is constantly considered low tier anyway even though he's not.

I don't play as sir dan. I did a muiltplayer match with him, nariko threw her shield at me twice and instantly I instanly got a level three in 5 sec. from level one.
His shield glitch has affect a number of matches I've played, though granted its a small number. It would be one thing if the glitch was difficult to use or he only got five AP or something but getting an entire bar on one hit? Thats gotta go....
---
The official Pepsimaaaaaaaaaaaaaan of the PSABR board.
#14TheMickeyPosted 1/22/2013 9:56:23 AM
fulcar95 posted...
I_phantom posted...
^so zoners should be completely crippled, sometimes without them even knowing it because you disagree with their playstyle. Yeah that's solid reasoning...

There's a difference between zoners and spammers, and the glitch cripples no one, it only gives Dan slightly more AP per projectile, 5 AP to be exact. And yes it is solid reasoning.

I've personally had the glitch as high as +300 ap per hit while no shield was out. You really think that's not crippling anyone?
---
PSN ID: Saffahh
PSASBR: main E.Cole, alt Sly. Currently learning Nariko, Twing-Twang baby!
#15TerotrousPosted 1/22/2013 9:59:45 AM
The bug isn't +5, it's *10.
---
http://terosclassicgaming.blogspot.com/ - Watch me beat "NES Die Hard"
http://www.backloggery.com/tero - My backloggery
#16An_Unkind_RGNPosted 1/22/2013 10:13:26 AM
Well seeing that they got rid of Drakes AK loop, I can no longer justify the usage of Sir Dan's Shield glitch purposely.

They don't really need to get rid of this glitch imo, but if it happens, it happens. I will still love Sir Dan :D
---
Toro. Nuff Said.
~Academics Like to Fantasize too, You Know?~
#17spyder1845Posted 1/22/2013 10:16:25 AM
Don't rush them on a patch for it.you do that and we'll spend a week unable to use sir dan circle or square moves until the next patch to fix that...or at least Europe will...
#18J_Dawg_Posted 1/22/2013 11:11:50 AM
It shouldn't be patched. I'm not just saying that because he's one of my mains, but mainly because its a punishment for projectile spammers. Its the only way the glitch works. It eats up projectiles, so all of the Ratchets, Jaks, Coles, Sackboys, Radecs, etc, who wanna run to one side of the screen and shoot/throw stuff all day get to taste 2 lvl 3's or 3 lvl 2's or whatever super Dan feels like doing. Sir Dan isn't known for having great supers anyway. His lvl 1 has no hit confirm combo since it can be teched, his lvl 2 can be dodged easily, and his lvl 3 is horrible on all the big maps. There are other characters with infinites (Drake/Dante), ridiculous ap gain (Kratos/Raiden), and overpowered supers (Sackboy/Parappa) who need much more immediate attention than Sir Dan, who is constantly considered low tier anyway even though he's not.

Worst post of 2013.
---
Sly should be made trash tier cause raccoons like to rummage through trash. - jump__0
PSN: Mooglebane | PSASBR: Jak, Ratchet, Spike
#19kingtracePosted 1/22/2013 11:31:46 AM
Yeah, serioiusly, as a Radec and Sackboy main, this glitch destroys my playstyle regardless if I'm spamming or not. As Radec this is horrifying because the only moves that aren't affected are the lackluster melee moves and the most useful of these (>[ ]) is actually a projectile. I can literally do next to nothing against sir dan, and the fact that there is someone who thinks this is fair because it 'discourages spamming with an occasional level 3 super' makes me sad inside. This needs fixed, like now.
#20fulcar95Posted 1/22/2013 7:01:59 PM
I_phantom posted...
fulcar95 posted...
I_phantom posted...

Explain to me how it's not crippling for Sir Dan to just walk forward and get meter for pretty much everything Radec does. Keep in mind that even Radec's forward square counts as a projectile.

1) He can't just walk forward. He still gets hit by every projectile, juggled, tossed, knocked back, sent flying, etc. Nothing changes besides the addition that he gets AP for it. You can keep zoning and keep him away, and he can't touch you, nor can his weak supers.
---
"The more you sweat in training, the less blood you lose in war."