So they didn't fix Sir Dan's shield glitch?

#21coolpizzacookPosted 1/22/2013 6:20:23 PM
fulcar95 posted...
I_phantom posted...
fulcar95 posted...
I_phantom posted...
^so zoners should be completely crippled, sometimes without them even knowing it because you disagree with their playstyle. Yeah that's solid reasoning...

I like Sir Dan and he should get buffs but the glitch is not the way.

There's a difference between zoners and spammers, and the glitch cripples no one, it only gives Dan slightly more AP per projectile, 5 AP to be exact. And yes it is solid reasoning.

Explain to me how it's not crippling for Sir Dan to just walk forward and get meter for pretty much everything Radec does. Keep in mind that even Radec's forward square counts as a projectile.

1) He can't just walk forward. He still gets hit by every projectile, juggled, tossed, knocked back, sent flying, etc. Nothing changes besides the addition that he gets AP for it. You can keep zoning and keep him away, and he can't touch you, nor can his weak supers.

Excuse me, but last time I used this glitch by accident I was casually walking through sniper shots and forward squares of Radec.
---
VIVA LA REVENGE!
#22fulcar95Posted 1/22/2013 6:25:14 PM
Davidgrayman posted...
fulcar95 posted...
It shouldn't be patched. I'm not just saying that because he's one of my mains, but mainly because its a punishment for projectile spammers. Its the only way the glitch works. It eats up projectiles, so all of the Ratchets, Jaks, Coles, Sackboys, Radecs, etc, who wanna run to one side of the screen and shoot/throw stuff all day get to taste 2 lvl 3's or 3 lvl 2's or whatever super Dan feels like doing. Sir Dan isn't known for having great supers anyway. His lvl 1 has no hit confirm combo since it can be teched, his lvl 2 can be dodged easily, and his lvl 3 is horrible on all the big maps. There are other characters with infinites (Drake/Dante), ridiculous ap gain (Kratos/Raiden), and overpowered supers (Sackboy/Parappa) who need much more immediate attention than Sir Dan, who is constantly considered low tier anyway even though he's not.

I don't play as sir dan. I did a muiltplayer match with him, nariko threw her shield at me twice and instantly I instanly got a level three in 5 sec. from level one.
His shield glitch has affect a number of matches I've played, though granted its a small number. It would be one thing if the glitch was difficult to use or he only got five AP or something but getting an entire bar on one hit? Thats gotta go....

Yes I noticed that some projectiles can possibly give him a sudden burst of AP. Its possible that if he gets hit consecutively by them, the AP could multiply like it does during a combo. Nariko's shield/disc thing can actually ricochet off walls, the ground, and other players, hitting multiple times, so maybe its special property gives Dan more AP than others, but I don't know for sure.
---
"The more you sweat in training, the less blood you lose in war."
#23xXxSuQingXinxXxPosted 1/22/2013 6:30:33 PM
Omar said he's glad people are finding the potential in this character.

Maybe this is what he was talking about?

O_O
---
PSN: Su-Qing-Xin
I like to play video games.
#24fulcar95Posted 1/22/2013 6:31:10 PM
TheMickey posted...
fulcar95 posted...
I_phantom posted...
^so zoners should be completely crippled, sometimes without them even knowing it because you disagree with their playstyle. Yeah that's solid reasoning...

I like Sir Dan and he should get buffs but the glitch is not the way.

There's a difference between zoners and spammers, and the glitch cripples no one, it only gives Dan slightly more AP per projectile, 5 AP to be exact. And yes it is solid reasoning.

I've personally had the glitch as high as +300 ap per hit while no shield was out. You really think that's not crippling anyone?

Not possible. That's why its called the "shield glitch". If he took so many projectiles that it built up his meter nonstop until his shield broke, then that makes sense, but thats not his fault the other characters decided to zone/spam projectiles all at once.
---
#25fulcar95Posted 1/22/2013 6:37:04 PM
J_Dawg_ posted...
It shouldn't be patched. I'm not just saying that because he's one of my mains, but mainly because its a punishment for projectile spammers. Its the only way the glitch works. It eats up projectiles, so all of the Ratchets, Jaks, Coles, Sackboys, Radecs, etc, who wanna run to one side of the screen and shoot/throw stuff all day get to taste 2 lvl 3's or 3 lvl 2's or whatever super Dan feels like doing. Sir Dan isn't known for having great supers anyway. His lvl 1 has no hit confirm combo since it can be teched, his lvl 2 can be dodged easily, and his lvl 3 is horrible on all the big maps. There are other characters with infinites (Drake/Dante), ridiculous ap gain (Kratos/Raiden), and overpowered supers (Sackboy/Parappa) who need much more immediate attention than Sir Dan, who is constantly considered low tier anyway even though he's not.

Worst post of 2013.

Because I'm defending a slow low-tier considered character? Wow... nice job
---
#26-crashbfanPosted 1/22/2013 6:39:58 PM
Ok... his glitch IS patched, isn't it? I tried to use it and it didn't work...
---
SACKBOY IS GOD TIER
[PSN]: crashbfan23
#27fulcar95Posted 1/22/2013 6:46:38 PM
kingtrace posted...
Yeah, serioiusly, as a Radec and Sackboy main, this glitch destroys my playstyle regardless if I'm spamming or not. As Radec this is horrifying because the only moves that aren't affected are the lackluster melee moves and the most useful of these (>[ ]) is actually a projectile. I can literally do next to nothing against sir dan, and the fact that there is someone who thinks this is fair because it 'discourages spamming with an occasional level 3 super' makes me sad inside. This needs fixed, like now.

Tell me how it destroys your playstyle? It does nothing and stops nothing you do. Even if Sir Dan gets enough AP to build a super, he has no sure fire way to hit you with ANY of them. His lvl 1 is the worst in the game, his lvl 2 can be dodged as long as you time it right, and even his lvl 3 can get 0-1 kill on big maps, you're only unlucky on the Dojo stage. Sir Dan has this one slight advantage and all of you think it makes him as menacing as Kratos, who STILL builds AP way faster and has more destructive supers. This needs to be fixed now, more than Kratos or the guys with infinites or overpowered supers? What kind of twisted reasoning is that???
---
#28FurryyifferPosted 1/22/2013 8:40:43 PM
A glitch that makes a huge part of Radec's moveset and a good portion of another some others moveset completely useless like this and giving him huge AP gains on top of that is not a good thing to have in the game imo, zam. :/
---
Ryuho, mate to Mizuki ^-^
Forever in my heart.
#29fulcar95Posted 1/22/2013 8:56:10 PM
Furryyiffer posted...
A glitch that makes a huge part of Radec's moveset and a good portion of another some others moveset completely useless like this and giving him huge AP gains on top of that is not a good thing to have in the game imo, zam. :/

It by no means makes anyone else's moves or abilities useless. It doesn't make him invincible, it doesn't stop him from getting shot or juggled or blown away or stunned or whatever. It just gives him a bit more AP, which can only be used on supers that most people consider weak and very avoidable anyway.
---
#30ApolloJusticeAAPosted 1/22/2013 8:59:11 PM
fulcar95 posted...
J_Dawg_ posted...

Worst post of 2013.

Because I'm defending a slow low-tier considered character? Wow... nice job

No because you just said that they should allow a character to keep a glitch that completely eliminates a style of game play because you feel it justifies his downfalls as a character... but that might just be how i saw it
---
Alt to Millamac: The Official Apollo Justice of all boards
Post your reliable anti-kratos strategy: Quit the match.-J_Dawg_