So they didn't fix Sir Dan's shield glitch?

#41fulcar95Posted 1/23/2013 1:53:27 AM
Judah01 posted...
Seems there is a bit of confusion as to how the shield glitch works. Being the guy that discovered it, I feel it's my duty to explain.

The shield glitch makes it so Sir Dan needs no shield out to absorb projectiles. If a projectile hits him from the front, he will take no hit stun and does not fall over after 3 hits to his shield.

As far as AP gain, it seems random. But it most certainly isn't +5. I think a sniper shot gives 60-80 AP while Nariko's Disk can give 300+. This is a problem no matter how you look at it. If Nariko throws out a disk on accident or it bounces the wrong way, then Sir Dan is well on his way to lvl 3.

Then there is the real problem of the level 2 super shield glitch. Not only does this give the above properties, but it also reduced his hurt box somehow. This means attacks and grabs will whiff when they should have hit.

In all honesty, he's ban tier in tournaments until this is addressed.

Here is the video if you'd like to see for yourself.

http://www.eventhubs.com/news/2013/jan/07/sir-daniels-huge-ap-increase-and-disappearing-hurt-box-glitches-playstation-all-stars-battle-royale/

I did my own tests with Ratchet, Drake, and Radec as opponents, and all they gave were 5 AP. Even the satellite item gives 1 AP per hit. But I understand now that the glitch wasn't even activated. I didn't know someone figured out the condition for it, using the green hand twice in the air. I got my Sir Dan to 999, but that sudden burst only happened to me like 5 times. Thanks for clearing it up. If it was THAT easy to activate, and every single projectile gave out THAT much AP per shot, then yeah even I have to agree that its gamebreaking.
---
"The more you sweat in training, the less blood you lose in war."
#42KindertotenwaldPosted 1/23/2013 1:56:00 AM
fulcar95 posted...
Judah01 posted...
Seems there is a bit of confusion as to how the shield glitch works. Being the guy that discovered it, I feel it's my duty to explain.

The shield glitch makes it so Sir Dan needs no shield out to absorb projectiles. If a projectile hits him from the front, he will take no hit stun and does not fall over after 3 hits to his shield.

As far as AP gain, it seems random. But it most certainly isn't +5. I think a sniper shot gives 60-80 AP while Nariko's Disk can give 300+. This is a problem no matter how you look at it. If Nariko throws out a disk on accident or it bounces the wrong way, then Sir Dan is well on his way to lvl 3.

Then there is the real problem of the level 2 super shield glitch. Not only does this give the above properties, but it also reduced his hurt box somehow. This means attacks and grabs will whiff when they should have hit.

http://www.eventhubs.com/news/2013/jan/07/sir-daniels-huge-ap-increase-and-disappearing-hurt-box-glitches-playstation-all-stars-battle-royale/

I did my own tests with Ratchet, Drake, and Radec as opponents, and all they gave were 5 AP. Even the satellite item gives 1 AP per hit. But I understand now that the glitch wasn't even activated. I didn't know someone figured out the condition for it, using the green hand twice in the air. I got my Sir Dan to 999, but that sudden burst only happened to me like 5 times. Thanks for clearing it up. If it was THAT easy to activate, and every single projectile gave out THAT much AP per shot, then yeah even I have to agree that its gamebreaking.

I bet you feel silly now :D
---
PSASBR: Big Daddy
PSN: Omnisignificance
#43Pink_a_DinkPosted 1/23/2013 1:59:07 AM
You mean now Radec, Ratchet, and Jak players have to actually FIGHT?!?

Oh noes! D:
#44FurryyifferPosted 1/23/2013 2:08:59 AM
Pink_a_Dink posted...

Oh noes! D:

Around 90% of Radecs moveset are projectiles and most of Jaks and Ratchets triangle and circle movesets were projectile based, zam.
Radec gets like one or two usable moves and Jak/Ratchet are restricted to the square button. If taking out a huge portion of a characters moveset equals "actually fighting" to you I would suggest you put some thought into your definition of "actually fighting"
---
Ryuho, mate to Mizuki ^-^
Forever in my heart.
#45fulcar95Posted 1/23/2013 2:13:46 AM
Kindertotenwald posted...
fulcar95 posted...
Judah01 posted...

Yes :( I thought it randomly occurred from a specific string of projectiles or doing something right before getting hit. All I saw when I looked it up was having the shield out during the level 2 or something would automatically cause it, but even when I recreated that in practice, nothing changed. Turns out I didn't recreate it at all. If it was as easy as using the green hands in the air twice and it would activate every single time, then i would've responded to this topic very differently.
---
"The more you sweat in training, the less blood you lose in war."
#46Judah01Posted 1/23/2013 2:23:43 AM
fulcar95 posted...
If it was as easy as using the green hands in the air twice and it would activate every single time, then i would've responded to this topic very differently.

No big deal. You made a mistake and admitted it. Everyone makes mistakes, but most people won't fess up. Good on you.

I don't participate in discussion on this forum often, but when I see people are misinformed, I just have to set them straight. Not to be a jerk, but to make sure people have the correct information.
---
PSN: NystagmusCrux
#47ApolloJusticeAAPosted 1/23/2013 11:26:19 AM
Furryyiffer posted...
Pink_a_Dink posted...

Oh noes! D:

Around 90% of Radecs moveset are projectiles and most of Jaks and Ratchets triangle and circle movesets were projectile based, zam.
Radec gets like one or two usable moves and Jak/Ratchet are restricted to the square button. If taking out a huge portion of a characters moveset equals "actually fighting" to you I would suggest you put some thought into your definition of "actually fighting"

Boom
---
Alt to Millamac: The Official Apollo Justice of all boards
Post your reliable anti-kratos strategy: Quit the match.-J_Dawg_
#48ApolloJusticeAAPosted 1/23/2013 11:28:59 AM
fulcar95 posted...
Kindertotenwald posted...
fulcar95 posted...
Judah01 posted...

Yes :( I thought it randomly occurred from a specific string of projectiles or doing something right before getting hit. All I saw when I looked it up was having the shield out during the level 2 or something would automatically cause it, but even when I recreated that in practice, nothing changed. Turns out I didn't recreate it at all. If it was as easy as using the green hands in the air twice and it would activate every single time,then i would've responded to this topic very differently.

Oh so we were talking about 2 different exploits yeah that is the sir dan glitch that is gamebreaking.
---
Alt to Millamac: The Official Apollo Justice of all boards
Post your reliable anti-kratos strategy: Quit the match.-J_Dawg_
#49ThaCMasterPosted 1/23/2013 11:31:10 AM(edited)
It baffles me the lengths people will go through to defend BS. I've even seen on a vid that he takes no hit stun and builds ludicrous meter.

People are always complaining about zoning, when zoning properly takes far more skill than mashing the square button (or whatever button) with characters who have moves with great range, startup speed (like 3 frames or so), next to know cooldown time. I wish Ratchet had fast moves up close that did a ton of hit stun and were super safe. No Ratchet has moves that have great startup and are risky to compensate for his zoning ability, it's called balance. Zoners (except for the S tier characters) build meter slower or have to take more risk to get meter gain as well.

I mean, what if a zoner had a glitch, say Ratchet, that made it so melee characters couldn't hit him with anything and he gained 300 meter? People would be crying and ****ing until the cows come home. Broken is broken. Learn how to use skill instead of relying on this to win serious matches.

I understand people use it for fun here and then, but people using it and calling themselves good by using it are frauds.
---
PSN ID BigDaddyCMasta
www.thacmaster.proboards50.com
#50SettaWorldTeethPosted 1/23/2013 1:29:58 PM
Has this been removed? I hope not. I loved trolling with it. :(
---
PSN:Some_randm_freak