Would PSASBR benifet from SF4's meter system?

#11Bestia_SomniaPosted 1/21/2013 11:58:38 PM
This would work, but only if there was a reason to use EX moves over Supers, like if Supers weren't one-hit kill, which in turn would require a health bar. It'd also allow for Supers to be more varied and not all following the several different killing archetypes that they currently do.
#12blaze19_0X(Topic Creator)Posted 1/22/2013 12:01:53 AM
co1onel posted...
blaze19_0X posted...
co1onel posted...
PSASBR is also a party fighter, the AP bursts are clearly there for a reason.

The AP burst system is there to prevent infinites. Superbot even said it themselves.
And casuals don't care about infinites being broken and overpowered.

If they did, Brawl would not have sold 11 million copies (AKA best selling fighting game ever for a single system).
They clearly added this system to cater to more competitive players.

It doesn't mean there weren't other reasons for them adding it in either. If they added it in because they care so much about competitive, then why make it so max combo damage can be reached in just 5 or 6 hits?

Like I said, it's primarly there to prevent infinites so yes, I guess you can say it's not just for competitive players, it's more along the lines of Superbot taking the lazy way out of having to deal with said infinites. The alternative would have required a lot more testing to ensure absolutely no infinites could exist and even then a lot would have snuck in.

ATT: Bestia

It doesn't have to use the same Super AP bar. It could be a seperate bar as well like it is in SF4. So each character would have two bars, one for super meter and another for this.
---
http://allstararena.com
Competitve Hub for Playstation All-Stars Battle Royale
#13xXxSuQingXinxXxPosted 1/22/2013 12:03:52 AM
I think PSASBR would benefit more from giving characters an assortment of more than one Level 1 and 2 supers. For example, Down + R2 would be different from Neutral R2. It would give characters more ways to combo into different Supers.

Just a thought.
---
PSN: Su-Qing-Xin
I like to play video games.
#14PielordXPosted 1/22/2013 12:05:04 AM
blaze19_0X posted...
It doesn't have to use the same Super AP bar. It could be a seperate bar as well like it is in SF4. So each character would have two bars, one for super meter and another for this.

I get the idea, but this just seems like a massive headache for everyone that just wants to play for the sake of playing. You want to make a fighting game deep enough to get into, but simple enough for some 6 year old to pick up and play.
---
If there were more people like me the world would be a better place. That's just a fact. -Compass
#15blaze19_0X(Topic Creator)Posted 1/22/2013 12:09:47 AM
PielordX posted...
blaze19_0X posted...

I get the idea, but this just seems like a massive headache for everyone that just wants to play for the sake of playing. You want to make a fighting game deep enough to get into, but simple enough for some 6 year old to pick up and play.

Okay here's the deal.

As you've already said, this game does NOT have the mascot appeal of Smash or Marvel. No one is going to desperately seek out and buy this game so they can play as Nariko vs Fat Princess like casuals will to play as Link vs Pikachu.

I think we can all agree that even Sony's biggest "mascots" don't have that drawing power. If the game had Snake, Crash, Spyro, Cloud, Sora and Lara it might have been a different story. But as it stands, if this game was trying to draw in a ton of casuals through character love it has already largely failed.

So who does that leave then? More dedicated fighting game players. And I think most would appreciate something like this.
---
#16PielordXPosted 1/22/2013 12:17:19 AM
blaze19_0X posted...
PielordX posted...
blaze19_0X posted...

Okay here's the deal.

As you've already said, this game does NOT have the mascot appeal of Smash or Marvel. No one is going to desperately seek out and buy this game so they can play as Nariko vs Fat Princess like casuals will to play as Link vs Pikachu.

I think we can all agree that even Sony's biggest "mascots" don't have that drawing power. If the game had Snake, Crash, Spyro, Cloud, Sora and Lara it might have been a different story. But as it stands, if this game was trying to draw in a ton of casuals through character love it has already largely failed.

So who does that leave then? More dedicated fighting game players. And I think most would appreciate something like this.

You'd be surprised at the drawing power someone overrated can accumulate. Also, I am aware it failed at getting the bigger characters. However, they did try to appeal to casuals seeing as that is the majority of the market. I'm not gonna get into why they couldn't get some of the characters because we all know the story.

While I'm sure giving the characters ex attacks would spruce the game up, it also goes on borderline cramming the system. You thought this game was buggy and unbalanced now? Put this in the mix and you've got a nightmare.
---
If there were more people like me the world would be a better place. That's just a fact. -Compass
#17blaze19_0X(Topic Creator)Posted 1/22/2013 1:12:42 AM
xXxSuQingXinxXx posted...
I think PSASBR would benefit more from giving characters an assortment of more than one Level 1 and 2 supers. For example, Down + R2 would be different from Neutral R2. It would give characters more ways to combo into different Supers.

Just a thought.

Interesting idea.
---