This may be the end for me and Jak. Two Topics in one.

#1LightEcoSagePosted 1/22/2013 8:04:34 PM(edited)
Raiden and Dante
After the patch released, every single game I have played, literally ever single game had a Dante and Raiden player or Dante or Raiden player. I always thought Dante was an OP character from the start because of the hitbox of his attacks and other things that I don't feel like going into detail about. His speed was already pretty fast in the air both attack wise and dashing wise. With this patch to me he feels completely overpowered. My opinion is most likely based off the character I main, Jak, because of his lack of true hit confirms, counters and tricks to get around things.

Jak
To start things off I have been maining Jak since launch day. No 2nd or 3rd main. I have played this game every single day as Jak except for a 2week break vacation that I took before Christmas. Anyway I have maxed out Jak on 2 separate PSN accounts in a month, which was about a month and a half ago, because of my dedication as a fan. I've always had to struggle to get my wins against skilled players. The reason for this struggle is because of Jak's limitations of course.

Jak has no counter moves, no tricks, only one move that actually pushes or knocks enemies back(Blaster), no true reliable in the middle of a stage hit confirms, a not well developed Level 2(in regards to it missing people under or above certain platforms and a bad air hitbox),a glitched Level 3 super, to many vulnerable weak-points after the use of a move(which makes no sense because he lacks the things I listed above along with a slow start up for majority of his guns along with them being Predictable! Do you see all these cons?!), not so good AP gain, is pretty slow for a mobile character(I know this for a fact because I tested him against certain players in a run across the map situation)and no useful stunning near ground battles(except the WC which is still predictable and can't confirm into a level 1 without a wall).

Mobility
His Mobility is the most Overrated thing in the game. This wins it #1. His mobility isn't that great to where he has to lack certain things(that I already explained above). During the process of his nerf previously before the game came out...almost eveything he had was nerfed. SB said when somethings are nerfed then somethings become better (buffed) for balance. Like for example Kratos got a decrease in something but then in increase in something after this recent patch. So why is it that when Jak lost more mobility by only being able to use his JetBoard once in the air, now nothing gets better and he actually gets worst with continuous nerfs on multiple aspects of his moves?

I'm pretty sure I may have missed a few things in regard to gameplay but thats enough to get the point. There is nothing anybody can't tell me because I have been maining Jak since day 1 so its not like im a noob or I suck with him. These are also faults about his character not complaints.

The End
So its come to the point where im at the fork in the road. Its either I drop All Stars or I drop Jak as a main. To many faults and unbalance when put up against other players and Im tired of struggling to win or try to against them.

Overall! <----
Jak has nothing going on for him. Its just reality that I realized.
---
Like it or not you're going down! ~New VA Jak
Even Pecker could take em! ~Daxter
#2PielordXPosted 1/22/2013 7:08:35 PM
I didn't actually read it, I'm just posting here.
---
If there were more people like me the world would be a better place. That's just a fact. -Compass
#3CrabhammarPosted 1/22/2013 7:09:40 PM
LightEcoSage posted...
Its either I drop All Stars

Go on...

Kidding. Just play as somebody else; variety is the spice of life. I can play about 3/5 of the cast quite decently.
---
Sent from my iPhone via PowerFAQs 1.9... if you use PowerFAQs, ask me how to change your quoting style STAT!
PSN: Bluechacho
#4-crashbfanPosted 1/22/2013 7:10:37 PM
Just do double sackboy teams, pisses everyone off and is always a win.

Join the Sackboy army!
---
SACKBOY IS GOD TIER
[PSN]: crashbfan23
#5PirateKing290Posted 1/22/2013 7:11:03 PM
He's awesome 2v2...as is every character really.
---
PSN: Weeeler
http://www.youtube.com/user/LPWeewer
#6PrismsbladePosted 1/22/2013 7:13:01 PM
Jaks mobility overrated.....considering that he almost never has to touch the ground, which leaves him less vulnerable to combos, and supers its one of the best in the game until kat rolls in.
---
Its commonly known on Gamefaqs that if anything is more evident than proven facts, its personal opinions.
#7robulastagePosted 1/22/2013 7:14:31 PM
I say pick up a new main. If you mained only Jak this whole time and maxed him out on two separate accounts, then you obviously like the game still. It sucks your hero doesn't get the respect it deserves, but I think you've done all you can to make him viable against bigger opponents long enough.

Pick up a new character and show that same dedication to him/her. I guarantee you'll be unstoppable.
---
3DS FC: 4253-3586-3727
#8LightEcoSage(Topic Creator)Posted 1/22/2013 7:16:49 PM
Prismsblade posted...
Jaks mobility overrated.....considering that he almost never has to touch the ground, which leaves him less vulnerable to combos, and supers its one of the best in the game until kat rolls in.

Thats exactly the exaggeration and overrated things im talking about. He does still touch the ground a lot. I have easily been shut down by FP, Raiden and other character users with aerial tactics. Did I also forget to add in that when you block him, once he comes on the ground, you got him right where you want him? He's still easy to kill and he has many weak-points as I said with his slow start up of weapons.
---
#9ArethaiPosted 1/22/2013 7:17:08 PM
How is his level 3 glitched?
I'd like to know, since generally when I see a Jak get it, it means I've already lost.
#10LightEcoSage(Topic Creator)Posted 1/22/2013 7:19:40 PM
robulastage posted...
I say pick up a new main. If you mained only Jak this whole time and maxed him out on two separate accounts, then you obviously like the game still. It sucks your hero doesn't get the respect it deserves, but I think you've done all you can to make him viable against bigger opponents long enough.

Pick up a new character and show that same dedication to him/her. I guarantee you'll be unstoppable.

The addition of still made your sentence invalid :/

I specifically said this was over almost 2 months ago. Back then compared to now is 2 different time points. I said now I no longer like the game.
---