This may be the end for me and Jak. Two Topics in one.

#61blaze19_0XPosted 1/22/2013 8:27:29 PM(edited)
Doom_J posted...
blaze19_0X posted...
Yes you are doing a fine job of proving you've come up with tons of Jak tech by making a "I give up and hate my life, Jak sucks and is unusable" topic.

You make topics crying about this game all the time, you've honestly got some nerve to complain about others having complaints. Hell, at least LES can actually put into words what he has a problem with(and stick by it).

He's complaining that they nerfed Jak too much

You were crying that they didn't nerf kratos enough

different sides on the same coin of annoying.

I said the nerf in question was pointless and didn't really change him at higher levels of play. I don't lose to Kratos players, I barely even play this game, why would I care how he does?

Also I don't think you know what crying is. It's possible to state obvious flaws with a game or open up balancing discussions without looking like a drama queen. Look at Kind's or my topic.

Then again you also misread my topic and when I showed you this you changed the subject so maybe you just have reading problems.
#62AceunPosted 1/22/2013 8:29:22 PM
From one Jak main to another...

Jak is a bad character on a relative scale. He has no tricks or reliable hit confirms, highly situational setups, freakishly long start ups, abysmal AP gain, extraneous moves, predictable approaches, risky supers, and worst of all, a playstyle based entirely mobility with ineffective crowd control.

Why would anyone main him? Well the secret is actually very simple, he has a tremendous ability to punish. Being a Jak player is not about playing him well, it's about understanding how other people play. It's about luring, baiting, and punishing.

Being a good Jak player requires patience and diligence. It requires to be actively watching players and the space around you. Constant diagonal or from the head approaches? Level 1 punish. Blocker of effective dodge roller? Corner and Level 2 punish.

I propose spending less time with Jak and understanding what makes other characters super effective and then designing tech around that. Jak can be a major bane to counter characters especially with something I personally call the "stray bullet" (shooting one blast from the blaster or beam reflexor as an approach before going in with a punch). He can be even more a punish for players with set strategies.

Add in some mix ups, and he becomes one of the more fun if not more challenging characters to play.
#63LightEcoSage(Topic Creator)Posted 1/22/2013 8:35:32 PM
Aceun posted...
From one Jak main to another...

Jak is a bad character on a relative scale. He has no tricks or reliable hit confirms, highly situational setups, freakishly long start ups, abysmal AP gain, extraneous moves, predictable approaches, risky supers, and worst of all, a playstyle based entirely mobility with ineffective crowd control.

Why would anyone main him? Well the secret is actually very simple, he has a tremendous ability to punish. Being a Jak player is not about playing him well, it's about understanding how other people play. It's about luring, baiting, and punishing.

Being a good Jak player requires patience and diligence. It requires to be actively watching players and the space around you. Constant diagonal or from the head approaches? Level 1 punish. Blocker of effective dodge roller? Corner and Level 2 punish.

I propose spending less time with Jak and understanding what makes other characters super effective and then designing tech around that. Jak can be a major bane to counter characters especially with something I personally call the "stray bullet" (shooting one blast from the blaster or beam reflexor as an approach before going in with a punch). He can be even more a punish for players with set strategies.

Add in some mix ups, and he becomes one of the more fun if not more challenging characters to play.

Dude everything you said i already know. Literally every single thing you said I already knew.

Do people not know me or something lol? But that still doesn't explain why he his character was poorly finished and determined. Referring to your first paragraph...
---
Like it or not you're going down! ~New VA Jak
Even Pecker could take em! ~Daxter
#64Lucarioaura22Posted 1/22/2013 8:35:48 PM
blaze19_0X posted...
Someone that punches walls and makes daily rage topics shouldn't be calling anyone else childish.

This is true but I also take into account that people can get really passionate about things they care about and it can and most likely will make you look dramatic or childish.
---
We do what we must.................
#65blaze19_0XPosted 1/22/2013 8:36:14 PM
In summary because I'm afraid you'll still miss the point, I'm perfectly fine with constructive criticism of any aspect of the game topics. Why wouldn't I be? It'd be hypocritical, as I do this all the time.

The point is you can do this without raging or being overly dramatic and it's better to leave these things out if you want to be taken seriously.
#66cuttin_in_townPosted 1/22/2013 8:38:03 PM
I believe some of the flak coulda been avoided if you worded the "I RQ, punch walls, and get depressed" part better... As you said.
---
I'm engaged! :D
http://i46.tinypic.com/8ys16v.jpg
#67LaKizzle23Posted 1/22/2013 8:39:17 PM
Play with Kratos, learn his BnB AP burst combo and dominate.

Trust me, it feels oh so good.

I'm already tired of Good Cole. Probably would have reached lvl 3000 with him if there wasn't a level limit. I realized though, that I got bored of him since I played with him in every match the same exact way every time. If you do the same thing over and over eventually it'll get tiring. I tried switching up my playstyle with him but it didn't change a thing. It was only when I started trying out other characters that I found myself having fun again. Even when I lost I still enjoyed playing.

So yeah, try new characters.
---
PSN: Lakizzle23
#68AceunPosted 1/22/2013 8:41:04 PM
LightEcoSage posted...

Do people not know me or something lol? But that still doesn't explain why he his character was poorly finished and determined. Referring to your first paragraph...

Nope. Have no clue haha. Just empathizing with a fellow Jak player.

Look, I get that he has issues and poor design philosophy. I was merely illustrating why I continue to play Jak. I didn't address why his character was poorly designed, because I didn't think that was what the topic was about.

I say, hold out a bit longer. There's still more to learn I think. If you're tired though, try out a different a character. A new playstyle may allow you to see something you didn't see previously.
#69TrueKirbyPosted 1/22/2013 8:44:00 PM
Hey EcuSag, u shud man Krates, eh haz arseome moovz, eh alwiz winz
---
I had a bowl of milk for breakfast. Without any milk. People who agree:1 People who don't agree:0
#70ButaSamaPosted 1/22/2013 8:44:50 PM
Sucks to see you go either way. Never played you, but I've seen some vids of you and used them for learning. I find Jak's issues frustrating as well and would like to see SB address them, but it's Jak or bust for me, as he synchronizes with my style the best. Here's hoping you find a renewed passion for Jak somehow.