This may be the end for me and Jak. Two Topics in one.

#81blaze19_0XPosted 1/22/2013 9:59:38 PM
There's no character in the game even remotely like Pikachu from a competitive standpoint.
#82AceunPosted 1/22/2013 10:00:22 PM
LightEcoSage posted...

I don't like any of the other characters -_-. they don't fit my playstyle.

Who is the closest character to Pikachu from Smash Bros...?
(seriously)...

Spike is pretty close to Pikachu. Good up close, nice long range options. Has some interesting vertical and horizontal stuns. Also has a teleport.
#83blaze19_0XPosted 1/22/2013 10:04:23 PM(edited)
Aceun posted...
LightEcoSage posted...

(seriously)...

Spike is pretty close to Pikachu. Good up close, nice long range options. Has some interesting vertical and horizontal stuns. Also has a teleport.

Spike plays nothing like Pikachu. Also I wouldn't say Spike is good up close, he barely even has any normals and the ones he does have tend to suck.
#84robulastagePosted 1/22/2013 10:04:08 PM
blaze19_0X posted...
Aceun posted...
LightEcoSage posted...

(seriously)...

Spike plays nothing like Pikachu. Also Spike is not good up close, he barely even has any normals and the ones he does have tend to suck.

See that, LES?! This is who your new main should be. Spike.
---
3DS FC: 4253-3586-3727
#85LightEcoSage(Topic Creator)Posted 1/22/2013 10:06:25 PM
robulastage posted...
blaze19_0X posted...
Aceun posted...
LightEcoSage posted...

(seriously)...

Spike plays nothing like Pikachu. Also Spike is not good up close, he barely even has any normals and the ones he does have tend to suck.

See that, LES?! This is who your new main should be. Spike.

He said plays nothing like Pikachu -_-

Btw I got the platinum so I obviously played as everybody... don't like em...
---
Like it or not you're going down! ~New VA Jak
Even Pecker could take em! ~Daxter
#86blaze19_0XPosted 1/22/2013 10:06:29 PM
We could do with more Spike players.

I think he's a poorly designed character as well though. Has a million setups with almost none of them being practical. I've heard dedicated Spike mains say this multiple times.
#87AceunPosted 1/22/2013 10:06:31 PM
blaze19_0X posted...
Aceun posted...
LightEcoSage posted...

(seriously)...

Well obviously... but on a relative scale, he is the closest to pikachu in the all star roster.

It's an odd comparison to begin with seeing as there is barely any parity between all stars characters and smash characters, but I did decide to play the hopeless game of helping LES out so I'm curious to see how it all plays out.
#88Doom_JPosted 1/22/2013 10:06:44 PM
blaze19_0X posted...
Doom_J posted...
blaze19_0X posted...
Doom_J posted...
blaze19_0X posted...
Yes you are doing a fine job of proving you've come up with tons of Jak tech by making a "I give up and hate my life, Jak sucks and is unusable" topic.

You make topics crying about this game all the time, you've honestly got some nerve to complain about others having complaints. Hell, at least LES can actually put into words what he has a problem with(and stick by it).

He's complaining that they nerfed Jak too much

You were crying that they didn't nerf kratos enough

different sides on the same coin of annoying.

I said the nerf in question was pointless and didn't really change him at higher levels of play. I don't lose to Kratos players, I barely even play this game, why would I care how he does?

Also I don't think you know what crying is. It's possible to state obvious flaws with a game without looking like a drama queen.

Then again you also misread my topic and when I showed you this you changed the subject so maybe you just have reading problems.

Oh ok. Crying was a strong word. You probably did more b******* than anything. You did care enough to make a topic, however, so don't try and act to so above it all. Changed the subject? My subject was always "give superbot credit for what they did" if you were any better at reading comprehension than I apparently am I wouldn't have to tell you that.

And I gave Superbot credit for what they did right in literally my very first post of the topic. Again if you had actually read the whole thing, you wouldn't have been trying to argue over something I never implied. I mean come on, I even bolded it for you.

Fair enough, and it's not like i don't have my issues with this game. But it's really what you said afterward that sat with me the wrong way, or at least how you said it. Saying that addressing issues for FFA would lose them all respect from you, calling them a joke. Shouldn't have bothered me, as that's your hang-up, but it just felt like SB did something right for once, and someone still had to be all cool and cynical.
#89AceunPosted 1/22/2013 10:14:42 PM
LightEcoSage posted...

Btw I got the platinum so I obviously played as everybody... don't like em...

It seems to me that most if not all your questions are rhetorical. It makes me wonder why we choose to answer them.

Then again, that is why we're here aren't we? You refuse to acknowledge that you've already made your choice. Suddenly though, it is the fault of everyone else but your own. You of course, who conveniently knows yourself better than anyone else can.

And yet, you choose to ask us. We, who could not know you, let alone give you the answer you want... but do not know.

This is what we call, a fool's game. But I shall continue to play nevertheless, because at the very least it's entertaining.
#90blaze19_0XPosted 1/22/2013 10:20:52 PM(edited)
Fair point. Perhaps I worded that too strongly.

I just don't get why Superbot would continue to cater to timed ranked FFA when this game has so much more potential than that if that's what they are really doing.

My philosophy is if they focus on making the game fundamentally better in 1 vs 1, every other possible mode by principle will become better.

With that being said I realize they are still working hard on a lot of issues with the game so it's unfair to judge them so early. That's why I said "if" in that "then they are a joke" statement.