I'm making this topic again: I dislike PSASBR Sly as a character.

#1CrabhammarPosted 1/24/2013 10:30:13 AM
Now, hear me out: I'm talking about the Sly in THIS GAME. The original Sly is awesome and the older Sly of Thieves in Time is a badass. But this game portrays Sly really badly. It's like Fat Princess or Nariko: they're so different in this game. Sly is supposed to be a suave thief, not a cocky rat bastard. In this game, he's just that. The exaggerated results screen face. The quote "Let's blow stuff up" (which he said jokingly in Sly 3). Just in general, he's way too arrogant and just plain annoying in this game.

I love Sly; I own the trilogy and have Thieves in Time preordered. This Sly is a goober.
---
Sent from my iPhone via PowerFAQs 1.9... if you use PowerFAQs, ask me how to change your quoting style STAT!
PSN: Bluechacho
#2Retroxgamer0Posted 1/24/2013 10:33:21 AM
I'M the thief ;)
#3Crabhammar(Topic Creator)Posted 1/24/2013 10:36:30 AM
Retroxgamer0 posted...
I'M the thief ;)

*eyeballs pop out of head*
---
Sent from my iPhone via PowerFAQs 1.9... if you use PowerFAQs, ask me how to change your quoting style STAT!
#4RainbowsaurusPosted 1/24/2013 10:36:32 AM
Well....it fits the situation at least :u
---
-Not changing this until Emmett Graves is finally released-
Continue?
#5redskinsrock26Posted 1/24/2013 10:45:31 AM
In the original beta his taunt had him saying "You are no challenge, and no fun". I liked it way better like that.
---
PSN: Redskinsrock2689
PSASBR Main: Sly Cooper
#6AndKevinBaconPosted 1/24/2013 11:24:43 AM
redskinsrock26 posted...
In the original beta his taunt had him saying "You are no challenge, and no fun". I liked it way better like that.

I was hoping that would be unlockable.

Murray also used to say "Happy to help!" in a tone similar to his Sly 2 voice, which I preferred. I know the gang's always had the same VAs but Murray's voice has changed quite dramatically.
#7ImDyinSquirtlePosted 1/24/2013 11:25:49 AM
ITT: nitpicking
---
Help me Squirtle, dont just stand there...Im freaking dying
#8Crabhammar(Topic Creator)Posted 1/24/2013 11:31:19 AM
ImDyinSquirtle posted...
ITT: nitpicking

I know it is. Just getting it off my chest.
---
#9Snake_BeaterPosted 1/24/2013 11:50:29 AM
This game generally seems to get a lot of fan service wrong. They edited character personas way too much.

I'm a huge inFAMOUS fan, and Good Cole from inFAMOUS 2 has his problems, but he's hardly an arrogant douche. "YOU CLOWNS NEVER LEARN!!!" what the hell is he even talking about. He has so many stupid lines in this game it's ridiculous.

Actually, it seems almost all characters have been made more arrogant with the exception of Sackboy... but that doesn't matter since they ruined Sackboy's stage by making it less of a tribute to Sackboy as it is an obscure stage with original music and a ****ty quiz show.
#10Crabhammar(Topic Creator)Posted 1/24/2013 11:58:24 AM
Snake_Beater posted...
This game generally seems to get a lot of fan service wrong. They edited character personas way too much.

I'm a huge inFAMOUS fan, and Good Cole from inFAMOUS 2 has his problems, but he's hardly an arrogant douche. "YOU CLOWNS NEVER LEARN!!!" what the hell is he even talking about. He has so many stupid lines in this game it's ridiculous.

Actually, it seems almost all characters have been made more arrogant with the exception of Sackboy... but that doesn't matter since they ruined Sackboy's stage by making it less of a tribute to Sackboy as it is an obscure stage with original music and a ****ty quiz show.

I haven't played Infamous 2 in a while but I agree. The only thing I remember is "penal code" :P

Sackboy's stage is ass.
---