Do people really want Drake's Barrel nerfed?

#1IcyFlamez96Posted 1/24/2013 4:07:21 PM
Is it really THAT big of a deal? I know people complain about it but i'm just now seeing nerf comments. What would you nerf about it anyway?
---
[Not changing sig until a new Ratchet and Clank game that I can be hyped for is announced.]
PSASBR Main: Ratchet, PSN: xQziCyFlaMeZxQz, msg to _krat0s_: K
#2kingtracePosted 1/24/2013 4:09:48 PM
I do want it nerfed. I understand at this point in the game it's unreasonable to demand it be removed outright, but the way it's set up it can only be broken as hell or completely useless. I suppose if I wanted a nerf I'd want it to explode on contact with the ground during the air version and have a much shorter timer for explosion on the ground version so jumping over it actually causes something and you don't get pinned by the wall if you happen to be by one.
#3-crashbfanPosted 1/24/2013 4:11:12 PM
kingtrace posted...
I do want it nerfed. I understand at this point in the game it's unreasonable to demand it be removed outright, but the way it's set up it can only be broken as hell or completely useless. I suppose if I wanted a nerf I'd want it to explode on contact with the ground during the air version and have a much shorter timer for explosion on the ground version so jumping over it actually causes something and you don't get pinned by the wall if you happen to be by one.

I thought you mained Sackboy. Every Sackboy knows that Drakes are useless because of your most valuable move: the fan
---
SACKBOY IS GOD TIER
[PSN]: crashbfan23
#4ImDyinSquirtlePosted 1/24/2013 4:13:00 PM
There's nothing wrong with the barrel. Leave it alone
---
Help me Squirtle, dont just stand there...Im freaking dying
#5kingtracePosted 1/24/2013 4:13:46 PM
-crashbfan posted...
kingtrace posted...

I thought you mained Sackboy. Every Sackboy knows that Drakes are useless because of your most valuable move: the fan

I thought you mained Sackboy. If you're camping in the corner, drake can do an air barrel and break your camp easily. Also, if a fan is out and Drake still launches a barrel, that would be an idiot player. Finally, I do occasionally like to play characters that aren't Sackboy, and when around 18/20 of the cast doesn't have a reliable way to avoid the damn thing there's a problem.
#6CrabhammarPosted 1/24/2013 4:14:25 PM
kingtrace posted...
-crashbfan posted...
kingtrace posted...

I thought you mained Sackboy. If you're camping in the corner, drake can do an air barrel and break your camp easily. Also, if a fan is out and Drake still launches a barrel, that would be an idiot player. Finally, I do occasionally like to play characters that aren't Sackboy, and when around 18/20 of the cast doesn't have a reliable way to avoid the damn thing there's a problem.

Which 2 chara can avoid it? Sack and Sir Dan?
---
Sent from my iPhone via PowerFAQs 1.9... if you use PowerFAQs, ask me how to change your quoting style STAT!
PSN: Bluechacho
#7-crashbfanPosted 1/24/2013 4:15:32 PM
kingtrace posted...
-crashbfan posted...
kingtrace posted...

Down+Square gets rid of the Air Barrel. Just face it, GOOD sackboys are immune to it
---
SACKBOY IS GOD TIER
[PSN]: crashbfan23
#8kingtracePosted 1/24/2013 4:15:46 PM
Crabhammar posted...
kingtrace posted...
-crashbfan posted...
kingtrace posted...

Which 2 chara can avoid it? Sack and Sir Dan?

Other Drakes can just put theirs out. Sir Dan's shield doesn't absorb barrel because it is melee before it explodes.
#9kingtracePosted 1/24/2013 4:17:54 PM
-crashbfan posted...
kingtrace posted...
-crashbfan posted...
kingtrace posted...

Down+Square gets rid of the Air Barrel. Just face it, GOOD sackboys are immune to it

Wow, you're just all kinds of stupid. Yes, if it comes rolling in right in front of you, that totally works. The issue is that in the corner it comes BEHIND you, and even if it is in front, he can still shoot at you to stagger you so the Bounce Pad can't reflect barrel.
#10robulastagePosted 1/24/2013 4:19:03 PM
There's always the jump button... 20/20 characters have that.
---
3DS FC: 4253-3586-3727