3 months for 2 DLC characters is ridiculous

#1Raven-ZPosted 1/25/2013 1:37:58 AM
How dedicated is Superbot exactly? I don't know if 3 months between releases is exactly going to keep interest levels high, compared to something like Borderlands 2 which has had one huge DLC pack (new enemies, locations, weapons, characters, missions, stories, voice acting) each month since it was released back in October.

Not knocking Kat & Emmet, and maybe I'm just being whiny and.entitled. but 3 months for the whole Superbot team to push them out is just...slow. Especially when we don't know if there'll be anything following them once their out. I don't mind paying for DLC, as long as there IS DLC.
---
PSN/GT/Steam: Ravendust
Reviews are a metric of quality. Sales are a metric of popularity.
#2Niyel7Posted 1/25/2013 1:39:11 AM
I'd rather they take their time working on the characters instead of pushing them out quickly.
#3LightEcoSagePosted 1/25/2013 1:55:07 AM
Raven-Z posted...
How dedicated is Superbot exactly? I don't know if 3 months between releases is exactly going to keep interest levels high, compared to something like Borderlands 2 which has had one huge DLC pack (new enemies, locations, weapons, characters, missions, stories, voice acting) each month since it was released back in October.

Not knocking Kat & Emmet, and maybe I'm just being whiny and.entitled. but 3 months for the whole Superbot team to push them out is just...slow. Especially when we don't know if there'll be anything following them once their out. I don't mind paying for DLC, as long as there IS DLC.

Don't forget that they were hiring people. They're probably to busy with other things like patches and that feedback system for online play. There team capacity is most likely the reason why we get DLC slow. There not ND man -_-
---
Like it or not you're going down! ~New VA Jak
Even Pecker could take em! ~Daxter
#4ImDyinSquirtlePosted 1/25/2013 1:55:51 AM(edited)
I honestly cannot believe that this is literally a complaint.

"WTF, 3 months to make free characters from scratch? What a waste, x game that has completely different DLC took less time!"
---
Help me Squirtle, dont just stand there...Im freaking dying
#5blazin640Posted 1/25/2013 1:56:48 AM
The whole team has bug/glitches/patches to worry about on top of dlc, plus making a character isn't exactly easy. You probably haven't done game design or programming so I'm not really going to engage.
---
There goes my free time
#6blazin640Posted 1/25/2013 1:58:39 AM
Raven-Z posted...

Plus Gearbox has different team working on DLC ahead of schedule. They can afford that. Superbot doesn't have that luxury or money or a huge seperate team to work on DLC.
---
There goes my free time
#7Raven-Z(Topic Creator)Posted 1/25/2013 1:59:22 AM
ImDyinSquirtle posted...
I honestly cannot believe that this is literally a complaint.

"WTF, 3 months to make free characters from scratch? What a waste, x game that has completely different DLC took less time!"

Don't bring up free to me, I said I was willing to pay, just like I paid full price to get the preorder costumes.

The reason I used Borderlands as an example is because their updates are large, content-rich and frequent. It's how post-release support should be done and is rewarding for the community.
---
PSN/GT/Steam: Ravendust
Reviews are a metric of quality. Sales are a metric of popularity.
#8XDarkMethodPosted 1/25/2013 11:39:10 AM
blazin640 posted...
Raven-Z posted...

Plus Gearbox has different team working on DLC ahead of schedule. They can afford that. Superbot doesn't have that luxury or money or a huge seperate team to work on DLC.

idk what the point of this is id rather have 2 perfects characters in 3 months than to have them rush & half ass the whole thing

& we do know theres more DLC, wait until March
#9XDarkMethodPosted 1/25/2013 11:40:40 AM
XDarkMethod posted...
blazin640 posted...
Raven-Z posted...

also, nothings more rewarding than free

idk what the point of this is id rather have 2 perfects characters in 3 months than to have them rush & half ass the whole thing

& we do know theres more DLC, wait until March
#10Haku125Posted 1/25/2013 11:53:23 AM
It sure is tc it sure is. You are 100% right,
---
Superbot: Oh you want us to nerf Sackboy? Here why don't we break the game for you!