Game's great, but it would be better without easy combos into L1's

#11xxterradarkxxxPosted 1/25/2013 10:29:42 PM
Are you blind?

. Dante requires the empty cancel to hit confirm into his level one,(and it's not that easy to do consistently online)

Hit confirms aren't broken or unfair. they start combos, and some even lead to level 1 supers.

Honestly if everyone had hit confirms then it'd be cool with me, but to remove the hit confirms into combos/supers removes the point of this game which is to be a game that has a similar appeal to smash, but has a more competitive edge. Essentially it's the hybrid of a fighter and party brawler sharing mechanics of both.

If there were no hit confirms or set ups at all, the super system would be pretty dumb tbh as the supers would now be more random.

anyway,
TL;DR
Hitconfirms make this game more like a traditional fighter which is a good thing, they won't be removed so quit whining. If anything they should add more so that way everyone has one and then no one is crying about character a being sooo cheap with his hitconfirm/set up into super.
---
Psn: zslayer89
#12blaze19_0XPosted 1/25/2013 10:39:43 PM(edited)
xxterradarkxxx posted...
Are you blind?

. Dante requires the empty cancel to hit confirm into his level one,(and it's not that easy to do consistently online)

Hit confirms aren't broken or unfair. they start combos, and some even lead to level 1 supers.

Honestly if everyone had hit confirms then it'd be cool with me, but to remove the hit confirms into combos/supers removes the point of this game which is to be a game that has a similar appeal to smash, but has a more competitive edge. Essentially it's the hybrid of a fighter and party brawler sharing mechanics of both.

If there were no hit confirms or set ups at all, the super system would be pretty dumb tbh as the supers would now be more random.

anyway,
TL;DR
Hitconfirms make this game more like a traditional fighter which is a good thing, they won't be removed so quit whining. If anything they should add more so that way everyone has one and then no one is crying about character a being sooo cheap with his hitconfirm/set up into super.

Just fyi this game isn't deeper or more competitively viable than Smash. Not even close. So that argument doesn't work. There's a reason 1 vs 1 tournies aren't even hosted offline. The most PSASBR is getting at this point is 2 vs 2 side tournies at majors.

On topic, I believe hit confirming into level 1s is super overrated because air camping is so strong in the game. A lot of hit confirms become irrelevant because of this anyway.
#13PirateKing290Posted 1/25/2013 10:44:41 PM
blaze19_0X posted...
xxterradarkxxx posted...
Are you blind?

anyway,
TL;DR

Just fyi this game isn't deeper or more competitively viable than Smash. Not even close. So that argument doesn't work. There's a reason 1 vs 1 tournies aren't even hosted offline. The most PSASBR is getting at this point is 2 vs 2 side tournies at majors.

On topic, I believe hit confirming into level 1s is super overrated because air camping is so strong in the game. A lot of hit confirms become irrelevant because of this anyway.

To address the whole hit confirms are good thing xterra was talking about, TC means hit confirms into level 1, not regular hit confirms into combos, those are all fine and dandy.

And second, yes, air camping can be too effective at times, but it still doesn't change the fact that you'll be on the ground eventually.

When your opponent lands it's still possible to hit the easy hit confirm on them while some of the other characters don't have that option and struggle hard, thus I wouldn't say hit confirms are overrated by any means.
---
PSN: Weeeler
http://www.youtube.com/user/LPWeewer
#14blazin640Posted 1/25/2013 10:49:41 PM
blaze19_0X posted...
xxterradarkxxx posted...
Are you blind?

anyway,
TL;DR

---
There goes my free time
#15NDgamer1122Posted 1/25/2013 10:54:03 PM

What are you counting...?
#16Nnamz(Topic Creator)Posted 1/25/2013 11:19:02 PM
xxterradarkxxx posted...
Are you blind?

It's extremely easy to do online. I do it all the time. 1 ground hit from Dante turns into a 100AP combo then into my level 1. Easy peasy. If it's too hard for you, keep practicing.

Hit confirms aren't broken or unfair.

*stops reading*

Re-read the topic properly before posting please. Nearly every character has hit confirm combos. The topic has nothing to do with hit confirms. It's talking about combos into level 1's, namely those which can be done from 0AP (or very little AP). They give their characters large advantages in 1v1's and most 2v2 situations over characters who can't combo into their level 1's.
---
PS3/Vita ID: Nnamz <-- Please message before add. Otherwise will not accept.
3DS Friend Code: 4527 - 7250 - 9769 <-- Inbox me your FC.
#17Chzrm3Posted 1/26/2013 1:43:53 AM
I don't even know what 1 v 1s would be like without level 1 combos. O_o
---
If I haven't mentioned Trivio in my post, it's because she is so beautiful and precarious that I just wanted to show her how much she means to me.
#18webbc99Posted 1/26/2013 2:57:36 AM
Nnamz posted...
xxterradarkxxx posted...
Are you blind?

It's extremely easy to do online. I do it all the time. 1 ground hit from Dante turns into a 100AP combo then into my level 1. Easy peasy. If it's too hard for you, keep practicing.

*stops reading*

Re-read the topic properly before posting please. Nearly every character has hit confirm combos. The topic has nothing to do with hit confirms. It's talking about combos into level 1's, namely those which can be done from 0AP (or very little AP). They give their characters large advantages in 1v1's and most 2v2 situations over characters who can't combo into their level 1's.

What on earth are you on about. Huge AP + level 1 combos are extremely difficult to pull off, especially for Dante, as it requires empty cancelling.

Remember, if they could at any point get out of it, it's not a combo. Tech chase or trap maybe, but they're entirely different.
---
PSN: Toastie88 | XBL: Griever88 | Steam: webbc99
Playing: World of Warcraft, Guild Wars 2, PSASBR
#19Nnamz(Topic Creator)Posted 1/27/2013 2:08:42 PM
webbc99 posted...
Nnamz posted...
xxterradarkxxx posted...
Are you blind?

*stops reading*

What on earth are you on about. Huge AP + level 1 combos are extremely difficult to pull off, especially for Dante, as it requires empty cancelling.

Remember, if they could at any point get out of it, it's not a combo. Tech chase or trap maybe, but they're entirely different.

What are you babbling about? It's not hard at all to pull off empty cancels with Dante. I've encountered dozens of different Dante players able to do it consistently. Are you new to fighting games or something?

Moreover, how difficult the execution is is completely irrelevant. All good players have their execution down.

Did you even read the topic? Do you even know what I posted and what people are agreeing with? Because you seem to be trying to argue something completely different.
---
PS3/Vita ID: Nnamz <-- Please message before add. Otherwise will not accept.
3DS Friend Code: 4527 - 7250 - 9769 <-- Inbox me your FC.
#20CrabhammarPosted 1/27/2013 2:11:20 PM
I think people with eh Level 1 and 2s should have kickass Level 3s. Make Jak's Level 3 like Sackboy's but everyone gets trapped in Precursor Orbs. Sounds good to me.
---
Sent from my iPhone via PowerFAQs 1.9... if you use PowerFAQs, ask me how to change your quoting style STAT!
PSN: Bluechacho