Is the scoring system kind of bogus?

#1XenoFFvsPosted 1/26/2013 10:13:42 AM
I don't understand why it's +2 for kills and -1 for deaths. All this scoring system does is ensure that the most kills will win the game. I feel like it should be +1-1 for kills and deaths. It makes much more sense that way, hell maybe even +1.5 to -1 even.

A good example of this broken scoring systems faults:

I just played a ranked FFA match. I was Drake against Dante, Cole, and Sly. Sly was the only one I was worried about since he was a 999 rank with a 99black belt. As the match went on Sly would mainly just stay invidible and jump into pur frays just to spam his counter. The match was tense, he and I seemed to be going kill for kill the entire time only I made it a point to try and take him out a couple of times. At the end of the match he was 8 and 4 while I was 6 and 1. He beat me by 1 point. I literally wouldve had to be 7 and 1 just to beat him and yet he died 3 more time than me.

I think it's obvious who played better that match, it's fine that he won since that guy didn't make the broken scoring system but seriously all the system does is grant victory to highest kills(most of the time).
---
Brawl Code:4639-9502-2693_Razor
PSN ID: xXAnTeRXx
#2McFordmansonPosted 1/26/2013 10:21:32 AM
XenoFFvs posted...
I don't understand why it's +2 for kills and -1 for deaths. All this scoring system does is ensure that the most kills will win the game. I feel like it should be +1-1 for kills and deaths. It makes much more sense that way, hell maybe even +1.5 to -1 even.

I just played a ranked FFA match. I was Drake against Dante, Cole, and Sly. Sly was the only one I was worried about since he was a 999 rank with a 99black belt. As the match went on Sly would mainly just stay invidible and jump into pur frays just to spam his counter. The match was tense, he and I seemed to be going kill for kill the entire time only I made it a point to try and take him out a couple of times. At the end of the match he was 8 and 4 while I was 6 and 1. He beat me by 1 point. I literally wouldve had to be 7 and 1 just to beat him and yet he died 3 more time than me.

I think it's obvious who played better that match, it's fine that he won since that guy didn't make the broken scoring system but seriously all the system does is grant victory to highest kills(most of the time).

http://www.tinychan.org/img/1315984324158370.jpg
---
Official Big Daddy of the PSASBR Board.
#3SpacePirateKhanPosted 1/26/2013 11:00:51 AM
TC's right. Whoever jumps the most should win instead. ;D
---
"The best things in life must be taken... by force!"
~Captain Khan
#4blaze19_0XPosted 1/26/2013 11:23:15 AM
SpacePirateKhan posted...

That's already how the game is.
#5NDgamer1122Posted 1/26/2013 12:13:07 PM
Would certainly make me win more. If there's one thing I manage to consistently do right, it's avoid dying.
#6SpacePirateKhanPosted 1/26/2013 12:36:56 PM
blaze19_0X posted...
SpacePirateKhan posted...

That's already how the game is.

Exactly. :D
---
"The best things in life must be taken... by force!"
~Captain Khan
#7wwinterj25Posted 1/26/2013 12:56:34 PM
Well yeah the person with the most kills will win however if they also have a large number of deaths then they won't. I'm not sure your point here. The person with the most kills should win the game if they don't have many deaths.
---
One who knows nothing can understand nothing - GamerTag: wwinterj/PSN wwinterj
#8PrismsbladePosted 1/26/2013 1:22:07 PM
McFordmanson posted...
XenoFFvs posted...

http://www.tinychan.org/img/1315984324158370.jpg

TC read the bolded, and think very long and hard about what you wrote
---
Its commonly known on Gamefaqs that if anything is more evident than proven facts, its personal opinions.