About Radec players

#11too_sexayPosted 1/27/2013 4:22:13 AM
p1793a posted...
Radec isn't my main, but he's who I'm working on next. I only use sniper while approaching or when the foes are out of range of anything else. I try to get in close and use the up throw combo and flamethrower. And up triangle/air side square as much as possible. I've actually gotten love mail commenting on how well I did up close and my lack of fleeing.

Same here. Or just use his LSAT gun that acts like a Chun Li/Honda/The Flash hundred hit move. The flamethrower in close. And the knife to shotgun attack when someone is close.

Radec doesn't have much combos or any overhead air attacks you can write home about. He is more like a keep away character. That's what makes Radec fun.
---
"But people are soooo obssessed with the character being "cool" and only judge base on canon abilities in a non-canon game." Roll_kix_azz
#12DrunkenMegamanPosted 1/27/2013 6:14:22 AM
When I use Radec, I'll sniper spam if they're on the other side of the stage all fighting each other. When they get close, I use my other moves.
---
XBL gamertag: DrunkenMegaman/PSN: NomadicDemon54
"Was it redemption? Not really, it was pathetic desperation and not much else."- Max Payne
#13sinncrossPosted 1/27/2013 6:17:47 AM
Autumn4 posted...
I'm just curious, does every Radec player cam in the corner and snipe.

Then when you get near the dodge or do the drop bomb thing to get to the other side and start sniping again and so on

I dont, because i cant do that properly. I jsut stick close to mid range myself.
---
Movie Review Blog: http://cruizd.blogspot.com
Japan is so nice!
#14MogleoPosted 1/27/2013 8:22:20 AM
Radec is one of the most fun to play as imo since he has such a good mix of different range attacks.

Personally, I see nothing wrong with sniper spam, especially if 3 other players are mixing it up and I can just take potshots. Usually one will get sick of it and come over to me, so I just use the electric barrier to force them onto the ground, flamethrower to push them back, and sneak in a neutral /\, then send them flying away again with either shotgun or sniper. Then just repeat. It really seems no one knows how to fight Radec properly.
#15Autumn4(Topic Creator)Posted 1/27/2013 9:21:52 AM
Mogleo posted...
Radec is one of the most fun to play as imo since he has such a good mix of different range attacks.

Personally, I see nothing wrong with sniper spam, especially if 3 other players are mixing it up and I can just take potshots. Usually one will get sick of it and come over to me, so I just use the electric barrier to force them onto the ground, flamethrower to push them back, and sneak in a neutral /\, then send them flying away again with either shotgun or sniper. Then just repeat. It really seems no one knows how to fight Radec properly.

Well what if you're facing Radec and Jak and they are using guns from far range
---
PSN: Andrew019
#16judgementaeonPosted 1/27/2013 9:25:06 AM
I don't lol
---
PSASBR mains: Jak, Cole, Sackboy, Radec
Fire Emblem! XD
#17SpacePirateKhanPosted 1/27/2013 11:20:30 AM
Autumn4 posted...

Then when you get near the dodge or do the drop bomb thing to get to the other side and start sniping again and so on

No, when players get near me I kick their ass away then go back to sniping it. :D
(And I throw out his other guns in medium range to make their approach more Hellghish.)

But yeah, if I can get away with it I'm going to snipe. A man with guns doesn't go looking for a fistfight just because he can.
---
"The best things in life must be taken... by force!"
~Captain Khan
#18too_sexayPosted 1/27/2013 12:03:20 PM
SpacePirateKhan posted...
Autumn4 posted...

No, when players get near me I kick their ass away then go back to sniping it. :D
(And I throw out his other guns in medium range to make their approach more Hellghish.)

But yeah, if I can get away with it I'm going to snipe. A man with guns doesn't go looking for a fistfight just because he can.

I told people that on the PSN and they do not understand that Radec is meant for keep away and does not have fist fight friendly combos.
---
"But people are soooo obssessed with the character being "cool" and only judge base on canon abilities in a non-canon game." Roll_kix_azz
#19SpacePirateKhanPosted 1/27/2013 12:11:45 PM
too_sexay posted...
I told people that on the PSN and they do not understand that Radec is meant for keep away and does not have fist fight friendly combos.

Indeed. If I even had the combo potential of Sackboy I might rush in from medium range and curb stomp someone for the AP burst, but without proper spacing for a wall bounce, the AP gain isn't worth trying to combo with Radec's limited moveset. (The up throw to ~80 AP is nice when someone gets close enough to punish, though)
---
"The best things in life must be taken... by force!"
~Captain Khan
#20tacomangsxPosted 1/27/2013 12:16:08 PM
Is this where "NERF RADEC" crys are going to start?

I'll find you OP and spam -> Triangle IRL.
---
PSN: lnterwebs
"This battlefield will do.." - Radec