Jak is probably the worst character in the game.

#1blaze19_0XPosted 1/26/2013 7:48:27 PM(edited)
This seems more and more apparent. Every other character at least has something going for them. Jak has nothing.

Let's start with the major things:

1. His level 1 AND level 2 are unreliable. His level 1 is basically a worse version of Sir Dan's (which at least you can aim right, left or up).Most other characters at least have a somewhat reliable level 2 even if they lack setups into level 1 (such as Parappa). But Jak fails in this category as well.

2. This means he has to mainly rely on his level 3 in a 1 vs 1. But now the problem is Jak CANNOT trade hits back and forth and expect to win because he gains AP at a far slower rate than normal. Some characters can rely on level 3s because they gain meter at a decent rate one way or the other. Jak has nothing, no strong tech chase game, no powerful juggle game etc.

Minor things that add up:

1. No walless AP burst combos or even reliable combos that net 80 or so. I believe he might be the only character without one at all (not including walls). PSASBR is predominantly an air based game but now players can remain grounded against Jak because even this threat isn't there. So he can't even do much even IF he keeps them grounded.

2. His grab range seems to be lower than most and unlike most, he doesn't cause a hard knockdown in front of him with his down throw.

3. His grounded normals are mediocre. None of them are even remotely safe on block.

All in all, he seems to be an extremely poorly designed and limited character. I don't know what was going through Superbot's head when they made him.

The game is still new and maybe in due time better Jak tech will be discovered. If not I'm afraid he'll remain firmly at the bottom of the barrel.
#2PielordXPosted 1/26/2013 7:47:31 PM
http://motivpic.com/users-data/pics/1/7/breaking-slowpoke-news-175c.gif
---
If there were more people like me the world would be a better place. That's just a fact. -Compass
#3blaze19_0X(Topic Creator)Posted 1/26/2013 7:50:30 PM
People always assumed Jak was low tier but not to the extent of being the absolute worst character.

I think he's bad enough where he might be in a tier of his own.

Other characters that people initially thought were horrible like Sir Dan, Big Daddy and Toro at least have since then evolved and the players have discovered some significant tech with them to make them far more viable.

Jak is still where he's always been.
#4naruko243Posted 1/26/2013 7:50:57 PM
I still say nariko is
---
Psn: LunarReaper
#5blaze19_0X(Topic Creator)Posted 1/26/2013 7:52:45 PM
naruko243 posted...
I still say nariko is

Nariko has a FAR superior juggling game, can actually apply mixup pressure safely, has extremely versatile projectiles (some of the best in the game in terms of how much motion control you have with them) and a decent level 3.

Jak only has a decent level 3.
#6tscooktPosted 1/26/2013 7:55:19 PM(edited)
His level 1 is actually really good if you know how to use it correctly. It has a very quick activation, so it's difficult to knock him out of it because even though its verticle, it still hits people right next to him.

Second of all, he has an answer to almost very situation through his different guns, some have very little AP gain but he is an excellent zoner because of his very diverse arsenal. His melee capabilities I think are at least average and grant him great mobility. He is one of the best when it comes to avoiding level 3 supers like Kratos'. Most characters specialize in range with some CQC options or visa versa. Where as Jak truly can be dangerous from any range.

I think Jak is about middle of the pack
---
PSN: timscook
#7St0ve1Posted 1/26/2013 7:55:41 PM
tscookt posted...
His level 1 is actually really good if you know how to use it correctly. It has a very quick activation, so it's difficult to knock him out of it because even though its verticle, it still hits people right next to him.

Second of all, he has an answer to almost very situation through his different guns, some have very little AP gain but he is an excellent zoner because of his very diverse arsenal. His melee capabilities I think are at least average and grant him great mobility. He is one of the best when it comes to avoiding level 3 supers like Kratos'. Most characters specialize in range with some CQC options or visa versa. Where as Jak truly can be dangerous from any range.

I think Jak is about middle of the pack

Name three things that Jak does better than Ratchet or Drake.
---
Official BROKEN STRAIGHT SWORD of the dark souls board
#8PrismsbladePosted 1/26/2013 7:56:52 PM
This has been discussed to death already, use the search function on this board once in a while.
---
Its commonly known on Gamefaqs that if anything is more evident than proven facts, its personal opinions.
#9MrRocketRaccoonPosted 1/26/2013 7:57:05 PM
quit it
---
ken da eagle
#10naruko243Posted 1/26/2013 8:00:21 PM
Jak has a pretty good guardbreaker, excellent mobility a better lv 1 with much less set up and great for anti-air, and while he doesn't gain a lot of ap his melee moves are pretty good, Nariko can gain large amounts of AP when she can get in but her lv 1 in my opinion as someone who uses her is the worst and a completely unreliable lv 2 which can get you killed
---
Psn: LunarReaper