Jak is probably the worst character in the game.

#11blazin640Posted 1/26/2013 9:02:07 PM
No such thing as a worst character in the game. Sorry.

Even then, Jak would be far from the worst.
---
There goes my free time
#12PielordXPosted 1/26/2013 9:03:25 PM
blazin640 posted...

Gj now you just ensured that this topic is gonna have 2-3 more pages to it.
---
If there were more people like me the world would be a better place. That's just a fact. -Compass
#13blaze19_0X(Topic Creator)Posted 1/26/2013 9:03:32 PM
naruko243 posted...
Jak has a pretty good guardbreaker, excellent mobility a better lv 1 with much less set up and great for anti-air, and while he doesn't gain a lot of ap his melee moves are pretty good, Nariko can gain large amounts of AP when she can get in but her lv 1 in my opinion as someone who uses her is the worst and a completely unreliable lv 2 which can get you killed

But she doesn't need a level 1 or 2. Going solely for her level 3 is a completely viable strategy for her. She can win that war of attrition, Jak can't because his AP gaining potential is too low.

Jak's guard breaker is near impossible to hit in 1 vs 1. It's way too slow and obvious. And even if you could hit it like I said, he doesn't have good options to actually punish afterwords.

His mobility is overrated. In some ways even Nariko has better mobility.
#14tscooktPosted 1/26/2013 9:06:23 PM(edited)
St0ve1 posted...
tscookt posted...
His level 1 is actually really good if you know how to use it correctly. It has a very quick activation, so it's difficult to knock him out of it because even though its verticle, it still hits people right next to him.

Second of all, he has an answer to almost very situation through his different guns, some have very little AP gain but he is an excellent zoner because of his very diverse arsenal. His melee capabilities I think are at least average and grant him great mobility. He is one of the best when it comes to avoiding level 3 supers like Kratos'. Most characters specialize in range with some CQC options or visa versa. Where as Jak truly can be dangerous from any range.

I think Jak is about middle of the pack

Name three things that Jak does better than Ratchet or Drake.

First off I said "Middle of the pack" so I'm not saying he's the best, I would agree that about half the roster is better than him, that being said, Drake is definitely one of the better characters. But for Drake I would say 1) "debatably" better air game. 2) quicker level 1 activation [doesnt require a second button press to activate it] but that doesnt make it a better super, just quicker. 3) To my knowledge, Drake doesn't have a block breaking move aside from a throw or super, but Jaks wave concusser can break blocks
As for Rachet, 1) Jaks level 3>Ratchets level 3. 2) Jak has greater mobility. 3) Jak has a better air game than Ratchet
---
PSN: timscook
#15blazin640Posted 1/26/2013 9:04:53 PM
Question:

What level is your Jak?
---
There goes my free time
#16IcyFlamez96Posted 1/26/2013 9:05:29 PM
blazin640 posted...

I disagree with both these statements =p
---
[Not changing sig until a new Ratchet and Clank game that I can be hyped for is announced.]
PSASBR Main: Ratchet, PSN: xQziCyFlaMeZxQz, msg to _krat0s_: K
#17blazin640Posted 1/26/2013 9:07:26 PM
PielordX posted...
blazin640 posted...

He probably sucks with Jak

Now I've added at least 4 more pages. Come at me.
---
There goes my free time
#18CrabhammarPosted 1/26/2013 9:09:29 PM
blazin640 posted...
PielordX posted...
blazin640 posted...

He probably sucks with Jak

Now I've added at least 4 more pages. Come at me.

you're both GameFAQs nubs

50 posts a page master race
---
Sent from my iPhone via PowerFAQs 1.9... if you use PowerFAQs, ask me how to change your quoting style STAT!
PSN: Bluechacho
#19blazin640Posted 1/26/2013 9:10:41 PM
IcyFlamez96 posted...
blazin640 posted...

I disagree with both these statements =p

Your opinion. But here is my point:

why are there such things as good Sir Dans? Sir Dan is low tier too right? It should be impossible for him to win against good people right? Not necessarily. You see, every character has an obvious weakness as well as the player. Recognize this weakness, have skill, and have strategy, anyone can win with any character.
---
There goes my free time
#20AceTheMercenaryPosted 1/26/2013 9:10:58 PM
In my personal opinion Jak has a great deal of potential.

A shame that most people online take what is (again, in my opinion) a decent character and just spam forward triangle for the gun nonstop. It cheapens the character to everyone who sees it.
---
http://livingdeadrpg.proboards56.com/index.cgi
Come here and join the Dead Rising RPG today!