Jak is probably the worst character in the game.

#51LightEcoSagePosted 1/26/2013 10:50:55 PM(edited)
blaze19_0X posted...
blazin640 posted...
Seriously what level are you with Jak Blaze?

You say Jak's meter gain is terrible yet I have a feeling you haven't played very much Jak. Getting to his level 1 isn't a problem. Using his level 1 in the right situation isn't a problem either. His AP gain is fine if you use the right moves, 40 per combo if you use it right.

What it seems to me is that you are using theory and data as opposed to actual experience. I'm not saying Jak is the best, because hit confirms, but really he isn't the worst.

The most dedicated Jak player on this board, possibly on any board is agreeing with me that Jak is the worst character.
That alone should tell you something.

"meter gain isn't terrible"
"40 per combo if you do it right"

Lol.

Actually I didn't agree to you with saying Jak IS the worst characters. I said he is ONE of the worst characters.

Jak meter gain overall is bad yes, but some are good as well. His true gains rely in his combos. His primary attacks are not good AP gains. But majority of his guns have bad Ap gain that needs buffing. So Blazin has a point but only to a degree. So both of you are right to a degree.
---
"Jak, you are the Greatest of Heroes" ~Precursor Leader
#52blazin640Posted 1/26/2013 10:46:26 PM(edited)
Plus we don't know who the best Jak player is. This world is huge.

A COUPLE OF TOURNIES from a select group of people doesn't decide how the world uses Jak.
---
There goes my free time
#53Retroxgamer0Posted 1/26/2013 10:45:44 PM
narikos lvl1 super is a worse version of nathan drake's that cant be aimed and is far slower than jak's lvl1 super. while jaks can hit from the sides as well as people above him, narikos lvl1 super is only in one selective area and you can actually roll away from it on reaction. narikos lvl2 exposes herself to get killed unlike jak's, making it actually risky to use unlike jak's. nariko has to use a lvl3 super and also has bad ap generation. you said jaks ground moves suck? look at nariko. her square attacks are incredibly unsafe, while she can dodge roll midcombo, that hurts her more than it helps her because she has no reliable way to gain ap on the ground other than spamming slow projectiles. jak at least has good projectiles. and while we're at it jaks lvl3 is better than narikos as well. at least he serves the purpose of interupting and aoe. what does nariko do? nothing. she grabs people, so others can do the work, which radec can do, and his supers arent half as worthless.
#54LightEcoSagePosted 1/26/2013 10:46:39 PM
blazin640 posted...
blaze19_0X posted...
blazin640 posted...

You say Jak's meter gain is terrible yet I have a feeling you haven't played very much Jak. Getting to his level 1 isn't a problem. Using his level 1 in the right situation isn't a problem either. His AP gain is fine if you use the right moves, 40 per combo if you use it right.

What it seems to me is that you are using theory and data as opposed to actual experience. I'm not saying Jak is the best, because hit confirms, but really he isn't the worst.

The most dedicated Jak player on this board, possibly on any board is agreeing with me that Jak is the worst character.

Lol.

So you have no experience with Jak is what you are saying. One person doesn't dictate the world. LES also happens to mad that they didn't do Jak justice from his original game. He has kind of a bias. No offense, but I kinda of see why since his VA and personality are not from the original.

Honestly, I shouldn't take you seriously because you theory instead of experience.

Yes I am mad his guns aren't accurate in this game but I only use his game series as a supporting point. I am not bias when it comes down to Jak not being accurate from his game series. I can see why yo though that..

Trust me all my points came from all stars, not his game series.
---
"Jak, you are the Greatest of Heroes" ~Precursor Leader
#55atopthemountainPosted 1/26/2013 10:48:45 PM
jak is not that bad...hes just not the elite 4
---
PSN: grau 226
Radec (brother:Sweet tooth)
#56Retroxgamer0Posted 1/26/2013 10:49:26 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
#57IcyFlamez96Posted 1/26/2013 10:50:47 PM
blazin640 posted...
blaze19_0X posted...

All blazin640 is saying, is that if you have two players of equal "skill" playing against each other and one is using a character like raiden (high tier) and the other is using sir dan (low tier), that the raiden player isnt necessarily going to win solely because of the character when players are of equal skill

Ah. I see.

In other words he's saying tiers and matchups don't exist in fighting games which means no one should still be seriously responding to him at this point.

Lol someone is angry :P. Didn't even read my other post.

Ho HO HO.

But on a serious note, by what you are saying, Raiden should always win. Correct?

WRONG!

This is what i'm taking about. NO ONE is saying a character will win just because he's believed to be higher tiered. Why do you keep putting words into his mouth?
---
[Not changing sig until a new Ratchet and Clank game that I can be hyped for is announced.]
PSASBR Main: Ratchet, PSN: xQziCyFlaMeZxQz, msg to _krat0s_: K
#58blazin640Posted 1/26/2013 10:51:49 PM
LightEcoSage posted...
blazin640 posted...
blaze19_0X posted...
blazin640 posted...

Lol.

So you have no experience with Jak is what you are saying. One person doesn't dictate the world. LES also happens to mad that they didn't do Jak justice from his original game. He has kind of a bias. No offense, but I kinda of see why since his VA and personality are not from the original.

Honestly, I shouldn't take you seriously because you theory instead of experience.

Yes I am mad his guns aren't accurate in this game but I only use his game series as a supporting point. I am not bias when it comes down to Jak not being accurate from his game series. I can see why yo though that..

Trust me all my points came from all stars, not his game series.

Ok, just don't take what I said offensively cause I didn't mean it that way lol.

But Jak isn't a terrible zoner. While I agree that Ratchet is better, I'm ok with Jak in a sense that he is the bane of grounded supers. If I ever get hit by a level 3, its either a shooting one, Sackboy's, or because I was playing stupid.

Hit confirms ruin that though, but since Jak can pretty much stay in the air, I really don't have any issues. I usually just toy around till I get my level 3. Depending on the player that is.
---
There goes my free time
#59Pinoy441Posted 1/26/2013 10:52:19 PM
http://imageshack.us/a/img299/3953/queersloldm9.png
---
*grabs popcorn*
#60blazin640Posted 1/26/2013 10:53:11 PM
IcyFlamez96 posted...
blazin640 posted...
blaze19_0X posted...

All blazin640 is saying, is that if you have two players of equal "skill" playing against each other and one is using a character like raiden (high tier) and the other is using sir dan (low tier), that the raiden player isnt necessarily going to win solely because of the character when players are of equal skill

Ah. I see.

In other words he's saying tiers and matchups don't exist in fighting games which means no one should still be seriously responding to him at this point.

Lol someone is angry :P. Didn't even read my other post.

Ho HO HO.

But on a serious note, by what you are saying, Raiden should always win. Correct?

WRONG!

This is what i'm taking about. NO ONE is saying a character will win just because he's believed to be higher tiered. Why do you keep putting words into his mouth?

Then what is he saying? Because he hasn't said otherwise.
---
There goes my free time