Jak is probably the worst character in the game.

• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale
  3. Jak is probably the worst character in the game.
3 years ago#61
XD
---
Who would win, Jedi Charizard or Jedi Jigglypuff?
"I'm a bagel whore" -blazin640
3 years ago#62
blazin640 posted...
Plus we don't know who the best Jak player is. This world is huge.

A COUPLE OF TOURNIES from a select group of people doesn't decide how the world uses Jak.

Who's theory crafting now? You asked for results, not theory, I stated the results. So now you go back to theory? Lol.

When did I ever say tiers are the be all end all of anything? I never implied this, obviously ultimately the players decide the outcome of anything.

Or that the future might not suggest otherwise for Jak? Read my original post again, the last part in particular I said the opposite. For all we know 6 months down the line new tech will allow Jak to become one of the best characters.

You also tried to use lol rank to legitimize your point which makes you pretty much lose any credibility in my eyes. You're level 800 with Jak? Congrats. I've beaten level 999s with sub 10s. And I don't even consider myself particularly good. Shocking I know, rank means nothing. If you truly want to impress anyone, enter these online tournies and get top placings with Jak.

Lastly:

I never said tiers don't exist, they do,

I don't believe in no tiers boy

You can't even remain consistant. If you stopped being delusional for a minute and going back and forth in an attempt to blindly defend Superbot, you might consider the possiblity that maybe, just maybe, they made a poorly designed character.
3 years ago#63
Jak's level 1 is better than Sir Dan's, because it can hit people on the floor.

HOWEVER, Jak has the WORST level 2 in the game, even worse than Sweet Tooth's and Sly's.
---
Help me Squirtle, dont just stand there...Im freaking dying
3 years ago#64
blazin640 posted...
LightEcoSage posted...
blazin640 posted...
blaze19_0X posted...
blazin640 posted...
Seriously what level are you with Jak Blaze?

You say Jak's meter gain is terrible yet I have a feeling you haven't played very much Jak. Getting to his level 1 isn't a problem. Using his level 1 in the right situation isn't a problem either. His AP gain is fine if you use the right moves, 40 per combo if you use it right.

What it seems to me is that you are using theory and data as opposed to actual experience. I'm not saying Jak is the best, because hit confirms, but really he isn't the worst.

The most dedicated Jak player on this board, possibly on any board is agreeing with me that Jak is the worst character.
That alone should tell you something.

"meter gain isn't terrible"
"40 per combo if you do it right"

Lol.

So you have no experience with Jak is what you are saying. One person doesn't dictate the world. LES also happens to mad that they didn't do Jak justice from his original game. He has kind of a bias. No offense, but I kinda of see why since his VA and personality are not from the original.

Honestly, I shouldn't take you seriously because you theory instead of experience.

Yes I am mad his guns aren't accurate in this game but I only use his game series as a supporting point. I am not bias when it comes down to Jak not being accurate from his game series. I can see why yo though that..

Trust me all my points came from all stars, not his game series.

Ok, just don't take what I said offensively cause I didn't mean it that way lol.

But Jak isn't a terrible zoner. While I agree that Ratchet is better, I'm ok with Jak in a sense that he is the bane of grounded supers. If I ever get hit by a level 3, its either a shooting one, Sackboy's, or because I was playing stupid.

Hit confirms ruin that though, but since Jak can pretty much stay in the air, I really don't have any issues. I usually just toy around till I get my level 3. Depending on the player that is.

Well I mean it had the tone of someone to get offended to but as you can see I didn't get mad about it. I was just defending myself.

Now im sorry to say this but Jak is in FACT a terrible zoner. Im telling you you're just going to have to believe me on that. Let me provide some examples.

Examples:
Jak- Jak- 1v1. Lets say someone is trying to come at you. If you're going up against a skilled player, this skilled player can either jump over all of Jak's stuff or simply run and do short air dodges till he gets to Jak because of Jak's range on his gun mods.

Ratchet has a lot of long range and defensive guns that can actually push people back or away to far distances while Jak cannot do any of that. When coming at Ratchet air dodges won't gt you through his arsenal because he has something for every situation.

Jak is not a zoner he's a staller. This is coming from long term experience. Jak is my only main and I have played this game everyday since launch. I know exactly what im talking about :)

Now from this post I can see your another Jak main that is giving his mobility to much credit for what it isn't worth. His mobility does not make up for his gun mod mechanics(range, start up, speed, duration, and effects). There a joke.

Lucario can even confirm most of this. If I pair you up against certain players i can ensure you that Jak guns will be pointless to use which will change your opinion of course.
---
"Jak, you are the Greatest of Heroes" ~Precursor Leader
3 years ago#65
I think Dan has the worst level 2 still. If you're paying attention then you're not going to die lol.
---
[Not changing sig until a new Ratchet and Clank game that I can be hyped for is announced.]
PSASBR Main: Ratchet, PSN: xQziCyFlaMeZxQz, msg to _krat0s_: K
3 years ago#66
Jak is not a zoner he's a staller

I could not agree more.
3 years ago#67
blaze19_0X posted...
blazin640 posted...
Plus we don't know who the best Jak player is. This world is huge.

A COUPLE OF TOURNIES from a select group of people doesn't decide how the world uses Jak.

Who's theory crafting now? You asked for results, not theory, I stated the results. So now you go back to theory? Lol.

When did I ever say tiers are the be all end all of anything? I never implied this, obviously ultimately the players decide the outcome of anything.

Or that the future might not suggest otherwise for Jak? Read my original post again, the last part in particular I said the opposite. For all we know 6 months down the line new tech will allow Jak to become one of the best characters.

You also tried to use lol rank to legitimize your point which makes you pretty much lose any credibility in my eyes. You're level 800 with Jak? Congrats. I've beaten level 999s with sub 10s. And I don't even consider myself particularly good. Shocking I know, rank means nothing. If you truly want to impress anyone, enter these online tournies and get top placings with Jak.

Lastly:

I never said tiers don't exist, they do,

I don't believe in no tiers boy

You can't even remain consistant. If you stopped being delusional for a minute and going back and forth in an attempt to blindly defend Superbot, you might consider the possiblity that maybe, just maybe, they made a poorly designed character.

The second one was a joke. Even my semi-blind grandma could tell you that. Plus you use your winning against Jak's to legitimize your point lol. I used my rank as a point of experience, not bragging rights.

But the point is, result from a couple of tourneys means something but isn't fact. It especially doesn't mean that Jak is the worst player, which is all you are going by. And your experience from playing against a few.

We both assumed, and we both were wrong. I apologize.
---
There goes my free time
3 years ago#68
You only can really jump against his right triangle. His mobility is a huge factor though. Ratchet has only 2 move that has huge range (his sniper and aerial gun). Jak's range is decent.

But I agree with Ratchet having plenty of moves to push back. He has plenty of options.
---
There goes my free time
3 years ago#69
IcyFlamez96 posted...
I think Dan has the worst level 2 still. If you're paying attention then you're not going to die lol.

No, because Dan has a few ways to catch people in that initial beam.

Jak's level 2 on the other hand...psssshh
---
Help me Squirtle, dont just stand there...Im freaking dying
3 years ago#70
ImDyinSquirtle posted...
IcyFlamez96 posted...

No, because Dan has a few ways to catch people in that initial beam.

Jak's level 2 on the other hand...psssshh

Point AWAITS
---
[Not changing sig until a new Ratchet and Clank game that I can be hyped for is announced.]
PSASBR Main: Ratchet, PSN: xQziCyFlaMeZxQz, msg to _krat0s_: K
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale
  3. Jak is probably the worst character in the game.

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived