Jak is probably the worst character in the game.

#91Lucarioaura22Posted 1/26/2013 11:03:51 PM
LightEcoSage posted...
Lucarioaura22 posted...
LightEcoSage posted...
@Blazin im going to refer you to some people where Jak gun mods will feel completely useless and not good for zoning at all to you. Lucario learned the hard way to.

Add the following people.

-fluffyPandaBOY

-Heroicmoises

-AntiTidus

-AdomasFox

-AGProdigy123

Come back with results after you faced all of them in 1v1s.

Don't forget to tell them all to use their mains!

I Only struggle with HeroicMoises but I can say, it's still tough for Jak. LES don't be offended but I can help you against people like Ratchet or Sackboy and Sly.

I need no help. We are on the same level. I told you I wasn't trying my best today.

Btw I beat all those people above a couple times instead of Hero. That Sackboy we faced today? I beaten him before :)

And plus you haven't faced all those people I mentioned above xD

.......Yes I have, Numerous times to be in fact. Actually I'm not sure about Tidus but everyone else I have fought. Not saying I'm better than you but I am definitely better than you when it comes down to getting in on a Ratchet or Sackboy =P
---
We do what we must.................
#92LightEcoSagePosted 1/26/2013 11:09:42 PM
Lucarioaura22 posted...
LightEcoSage posted...
Lucarioaura22 posted...
LightEcoSage posted...
@Blazin im going to refer you to some people where Jak gun mods will feel completely useless and not good for zoning at all to you. Lucario learned the hard way to.

Add the following people.

-fluffyPandaBOY

-Heroicmoises

-AntiTidus

-AdomasFox

-AGProdigy123

Come back with results after you faced all of them in 1v1s.

Don't forget to tell them all to use their mains!

I Only struggle with HeroicMoises but I can say, it's still tough for Jak. LES don't be offended but I can help you against people like Ratchet or Sackboy and Sly.

I need no help. We are on the same level. I told you I wasn't trying my best today.

Btw I beat all those people above a couple times instead of Hero. That Sackboy we faced today? I beaten him before :)

And plus you haven't faced all those people I mentioned above xD

.......Yes I have, Numerous times to be in fact. Actually I'm not sure about Tidus but everyone else I have fought. Not saying I'm better than you but I am definitely better than you when it comes down to getting in on a Ratchet or Sackboy =P

False. This has not been proven. I told you I wasn't trying my best today in all the battles :/

Theres something you don't know about my playstyle. I was forcing myself to play through the whole tournament. You should know when you force yourself to play your best will never be bought out during play.

I will prove it to you. Next time we team up ill show you what im fully capable of when 1v1 Sackboys and Ratchets.
---
"Jak, you are the Greatest of Heroes" ~Precursor Leader
#93AndyDonoPosted 1/26/2013 11:37:33 PM(edited)
Nah Heihachi is worse and this is coming from a guy who mains him.

-short reach
-has a disadvantage in large maps (even worse if that map has floating platforms)
-doesn't have any anti-air moves or at least good ones
-terrible against characters that can juggle between air combat and turtling
---
I`m neither an ally of yours nor a tool of those police who think themselves men of justice. I live as I think is right. -Saeba Ryo (City Hunter)
#94ImDyinSquirtlePosted 1/26/2013 11:22:09 PM
AndyDono posted...
Nah Heihachi is worse

Nope.
---
Help me Squirtle, dont just stand there...Im freaking dying
#95Rlaur2Posted 1/27/2013 12:04:17 AM
In 1v1? No. In 2v2? Hell no.
---
-_-
#96MajesticFerretPosted 1/27/2013 9:29:44 AM
Tech chasing isn't 50/50 in this game. You've got to account for backrolls, forward rolls, delay (L1), jump on wakeup, wakeup super and probably more things I'm forgetting.

I'm not referring to the game, I'm referring to the fact that after hitting people with his gravity gun, Jak can commit to a direction and has a 50/50 chance of landing his lv. 1 as all the above options are rendered useless and they have to dodge it manuelly while slowly floating down.

Which is a better lv. 1 landing option than what Spike and BD has and equivalent if not better than what Dan has. Even if they have better lv. 2's Jak has a better lv. 3 and is a lot safer and harder to punish in stuff like 2v2 and FFA.

BD is probably the worst in the game. His only moves that make him mobile make him very vulnerable, he's just one big ass target in FFA/2v2, and if you don't use the moves that make him mobile, he is as slow as molasses.
---
Sanity is a one trick pony, all you get with it is rational thought, but with crazy the sky's the limit.
#97Chzrm3Posted 1/27/2013 10:50:44 AM
I wonder what Jak would be like if he didn't have an absolutely horrible level 2? Imagine if he was actually able to run around as Dark Jak for a bit, similar to how BD goes into rage mode, Ratchet lets Clank fight for a bit, etc?

His level 1 is pretty interesting, and I actually like it - but this is part of Superbot's enormous balance problem. They gave him a very situational level 1, which is cool. They gave him a strong level 3, which is nice! But his level 2 is so bad it's not even an option. Occasionally when I'm messing around with my friends I'll fart out Jak's level 2 just because it's hilarious to get kills with it - one time I got 3 people because BD was doing his patented down-triangle spam and I nailed them all. XD That's probably the only time in my life I'll ever get 3 kills with that move.

Honestly, doesn't it kind of feel like Jak was designed for a completely different game? Look at the range on the attacks of Ratchet, or Radec. Look at the way the Coles and Drake can cover so much space with all their different projectles. The fact that Jak's bread and butter gun has a limit on how far it goes is just kind of dumb. Like, who at Superbot thought it made sense for Jak's slow-moving yellow projectiles to have a limited range, while Radec's sniper covers the map and is also instant? (It's by no means a complaint about Radec, I think he's perfectly fine, but the difference between those two attacks is hilarious and illogical.)

There's more to it, too. Why is Jak the only character in the game without an AP burst combo? Even Sackboy has one, and he was supposed to be the ultimate ranged character. When they announced Sackboy, they said "oh yeah, he's even more range-oriented than Radec!" But he gets an AP Burst combo and Jak doesn't. : >

The one interesting difference between Jak and some of the other ranged characters is that his horizontal mobility trumps theirs, which is helpful for avoiding supers, getting in close, etc. When you compare him to Radec or Ratchet, having that hoverboard is pretty nice.

Unfortunately, you can really see a staggering difference when you compare the Coles to Jak. They can use their mobility to lob a few grenades and then come in close, creating some interesting pressure, and they can also use their grind and wall-cling to make themselves tougher to hit. Jak doesn't really have any projectiles where his mobility follows up well, so he pretty much only uses it to attack people with the hoverboard or run away.

On top of all of this, he's got some of the lowest AP generation in the game. There may be one or two characters who have it worse, but I can't think of anyone right now. And I know LES always points out the old footage of how good is AP generation used to be, but apparently someone at Superbot thought a character with no AP burst combos, weak options and really limited supers should also have atrocious AP generation.

If Jak's level 2 wasn't completely useless and he had better AP gen, it'd be interesting to see what kind of character he became. He'd still have the shortest range of all the ranged characters, and the least meaningful options, but his quickness and his comfort fighting in the air when the game's meta seems to revolve around staying in the air would make him a pretty compelling pick.

I think the problem extends beyond "bad level 2" and "bad AP gen", though. The character was just inconsistently designed and half of his guns have such specific, niche uses that you wonder why Superbot even bothered.

Also, you know what annoys me? You have to do down-triangle to shoot his gun down... why can't you just aim it? Up, down, or forward. Why did they have to make an entirely different move for "aim down." And why would they not let him shoot up? ?!?!?
---
If I haven't mentioned Trivio in my post, it's because she is so beautiful and precarious that I just wanted to show her how much she means to me.