Tips for using Raiden?

#1holysquidPosted 1/26/2013 11:18:24 PM(edited)
I really suck with him :( I can pull off an AP burst when my s1 connects, but I really don't know what to do with him otherwise, since s1 is easily blocked/dodged.

Anyone (legit players preferably) have any useful tips for using him?
---
Proud Big Daddy mainer (999). PSN: HexagonalZebra
www.livinglegacy.enjin.com
#2blazin640Posted 1/26/2013 10:32:35 PM
No Mercy
---
There goes my free time
#3CrabhammarPosted 1/26/2013 10:32:51 PM
He has other good HCs. Quite a few actually.
---
Sent from my iPhone via PowerFAQs 1.9... if you use PowerFAQs, ask me how to change your quoting style STAT!
PSN: Bluechacho
#4SisterMisterPosted 1/26/2013 10:34:12 PM
blazin640 posted...
No Mercy

Get pissed all the time, but make sure to say thank the opponent for the practice.
#5dadkwasherePosted 1/26/2013 10:46:14 PM(edited)
Raide has a wonderful array of moves at his disposal. His standard square move allows crowd control, while his triangle, although having a higher recovery time, can reach opponents farther. My personal favorite combo is pressing trisngle then square then following it up with triangle to push the opponent away or string square with triangle for a satisfying combo.
Raidens parry allows him to stun an opponent, allowing additional hits and performing your level one super, which I personally hope they patch. His forward circle closes gaps while his forward triangle in the air allows a quick slanted dive.
As for supers, catch your opponent of guard with your level 1. Raiden is easily stopped here so be careful. Radec and drake players tend to be your biggest enemies in this regard. For his level two, did you know circle uses a smaller stun to freeze opponents after the initial large stun? Pressing right stick is more timely then square or triangle but nets a few extra ap orbs.
---
Raiden: NRAGH why is I no loved?
Big Boss: You need to find a more political solution...tasty.
#6-crashbfanPosted 1/26/2013 10:49:21 PM
Mash Square, Then push forward on the analog stick and press square, then Press R2. That's how raidens ****ing win.
---
SACKBOY IS GOD TIER
[PSN]: crashbfan23
#7SidewalkaPosted 1/26/2013 11:36:03 PM
Learn the short hop fC. Its his safest move to get in close and start combos or use his lvl 1. For example sh fC, turn around, bS,S,uS,jSSSS is his fastest high ap combo(145). You may also need his Dive Kick Burst j.fT,j.uT,land & turn,uS,j.SSSS. You can start the first one with a counter instead of fC.

Dont rely too heavy on the sh fC, while you may catch a lot of casuals with it, an experienced player can kick you out of it. Dont use it against kratos. You can mix up your approaches with a j.dT or walk to them and punish a roll through you with dT. Both also work as combo starters.

The lvl 1 is a guaranteed kill right after fS,sh fC,C,j.dT. During lvl 2 you can freeze opponents with C. Avoid your lvl 3 on large maps, or avoid it altogether, because it is fairly easy to dodge,except if you can get your hands on one of those hovering Lasers , as they will kill enemies on hit during lvl 3.
#8PrismsbladePosted 1/26/2013 11:37:19 PM
win
---
Its commonly known on Gamefaqs that if anything is more evident than proven facts, its personal opinions.
#9holysquid(Topic Creator)Posted 1/26/2013 11:40:24 PM
Sidewalka posted...
Learn the short hop fC. Its his safest move to get in close and start combos or use his lvl 1. For example sh fC, turn around, bS,S,uS,jSSSS is his fastest high ap combo(145). You may also need his Dive Kick Burst j.fT,j.uT,land & turn,uS,j.SSSS. You can start the first one with a counter instead of fC.

Dont rely too heavy on the sh fC, while you may catch a lot of casuals with it, an experienced player can kick you out of it. Dont use it against kratos. You can mix up your approaches with a j.dT or walk to them and punish a roll through you with dT. Both also work as combo starters.

The lvl 1 is a guaranteed kill right after fS,sh fC,C,j.dT. During lvl 2 you can freeze opponents with C. Avoid your lvl 3 on large maps, or avoid it altogether, because it is fairly easy to dodge,except if you can get your hands on one of those hovering Lasers , as they will kill enemies on hit during lvl 3.

Hovering laser?
---
Proud Big Daddy mainer (999). PSN: HexagonalZebra
www.livinglegacy.enjin.com
#10SidewalkaPosted 1/26/2013 11:42:26 PM
Forgot, what they're called...the Killer Bees.