This game will not be at EVO...

#21xsabrewulf(Topic Creator)Posted 1/27/2013 11:14:05 AM
As long as Marvel is in im happy.

HATE playing the game LOVE watching it
#22RollerBobPosted 1/27/2013 12:18:58 PM
Skullgirls... ugh...

An indie fighting game that couldn't deliver its content, mostly from slashing its roster from 30 to 8... yeah, very eager to see THAT at EVO...
---
Yes, I'm Canadian. Yes, I speak french. Yes, I live in Quebec.
#23blaze19_0XPosted 1/27/2013 12:23:00 PM
Melee and Skullgirls are neck in neck.

We'll have to wait until the last day to truly see who wins.

Melee was ahead by a lot after doing a donation drive on stream but then Skullgirls did the same and took the lead again.

But now appparently one individual donated a massive 4K for Melee putting it tightly back into the race.

Also both Melee and SG are probably going to do one more donation drive stream so expect more number spikes.
#24DrunkenMegamanPosted 1/27/2013 12:23:42 PM
SSBM? Wtf?
---
XBL gamertag: DrunkenMegaman/PSN: NomadicDemon54
"Was it redemption? Not really, it was pathetic desperation and not much else."- Max Payne
#25FoolMeNeverPosted 1/27/2013 12:25:13 PM(edited)
RollerBob posted...
Skullgirls... ugh...

An indie fighting game that couldn't deliver its content, mostly from slashing its roster from 30 to 8... yeah, very eager to see THAT at EVO...

Yeah, it's almost like they had a low budget and time constraints.

And if you consider characters that were never going to be in the initial roster to begin with, and only exist in drawings, "slashed", then there are many characters in every fighting games that were slashed.
---
A man who argues with people, who aren't even there,
is more fit to rap against this ****ing chair!
#26blaze19_0XPosted 1/27/2013 12:25:41 PM
Chzrm3 posted...
Haha, I'm disappointed in the Smash community. This shouldn't even be close. XD

It's not actually their fault. Skullgirls has the devs. behind them in this. On their promotion stream they had both Mike Z (the creator of SG) and the original VAs. The VAs were actually doing stuff like personalized Voice messages to people for 50 dollars.

If Nintendo actually supported this, Skullgirls would not stand a chance.
#27EnyalbPosted 1/27/2013 12:33:43 PM
RollerBob posted...
Skullgirls... ugh...

Wait, when did this get known? I'm aware of two characters getting scrapped from the initial roster and is turning into DLC, but not 22. Regardless I did hear that the devs are saying that any character seen in the story mode has the potential of becoming a playable character.

On the subject at hand, I am shocked that Skullgirls is beating MLP. Then again, is there any bronies that are good at fighting games?
---
* Insert witty anime/video game reference here *
PSN ID: BLAYNEproject
#28EquiluxPosted 1/27/2013 12:38:50 PM
Enyalb posted...

On the subject at hand, I am shocked that Skullgirls is beating MLP. Then again, is there any bronies that are good at fighting games?

MLP was actually dominating in the beginning, but got taken out of the competition because the game was put on that list without consulting the devs. It's still in development, and although they have a working build, being features at EVO would represent an unwanted deadline. There was a rule change that the MLP game would instead get an exhibition tourney if it won, but that announcement essentialyl caused the donations to dry up, logically. It'll still be in the indie corner, though.

As for your question... Well, the MLP fan community is huge, and so is the FGC. They're bound to overlap somewhere.
#29blaze19_0XPosted 1/27/2013 12:43:00 PM
Yeah MLP would have destroyed everyone (as they were in the beginning), it's just even if they win, they can't be on the main stage since the game isn't ready so they stopped.
#30blaze19_0XPosted 1/27/2013 12:56:22 PM(edited)
Anyway, as of right now Smash deserves it way more and is a better game for this sort of thing for several reasons.

I would like to see PSASBR at Evo sometime down the road but as of right now as a 1 vs 1 spectator game, it sucks. No one wants to see 2 people running away and air camping for 2 minutes before something interesting happens and then rinse and repeat. I think being at Evo this year would have actually worsened the perception of the game rather than help it any way.

If by some miracle Superbot manages to fix all the fundamental issues with the game and the game actually gets a large dedicated competitive scene, it'll be different.