I would only temporarily hire people to make the game engine for a new IP.

#1SelitePosted 1/27/2013 6:50:38 PM
If I owned a game company I would only temporarily hire people to make the game engine for a new IP

Once the game engine is complete you can keep it for the sequel and the sequel can be worked on more easily with less people.

Just my angle of thought on this Superbot laying off 1/3 of their staff issue, I thought I'd come at it directly rather than making 3 topics about it.
---
"A woman must not wear mens clothing, nor a man wear womens clothing, for the Lord your God detests anyone who does this"
Deuteronomy 22:5
#2RainbowsaurusPosted 1/27/2013 6:51:37 PM
Needs moar ^_^
---
-Not changing this until Emmett Graves is finally released-
Continue?
#3SnovvbubPosted 1/27/2013 7:03:33 PM(edited)
Selite posted...

rather than making 3 topics about it.

'No, I'm just looking at it from different angles! ^_^'
---
PSN: snovvbub
Sackboy main here.
#4TrueKirbyPosted 1/27/2013 7:32:08 PM
"Come at it directly"
"Come at it"
Come at"
"come" ^_^
---
I had a bowl of milk for breakfast. Without any milk. People who agree:1 People who don't agree:0
#5Chzrm3Posted 1/27/2013 7:37:23 PM
In a game like this, the bulk of the work isn't really the engine (it's a fairly simple platforming engine without any crazy physics) - the majority of the work is in the minutia of each character.

So if Superbot's plan is to add 8 characters and keep everything else identical in the sequel, then it's possible they decided to terminate a third of their staff.

Although if that's their grand plan, they'd be better off just making a different game altogether. Maybe a CTF mode for the next GoW.
---
If I haven't mentioned Trivio in my post, it's because she is so beautiful and precarious that I just wanted to show her how much she means to me.
#6Selite(Topic Creator)Posted 1/27/2013 8:00:47 PM
Chzrm3 posted...
In a game like this, the bulk of the work isn't really the engine (it's a fairly simple platforming engine without any crazy physics) - the majority of the work is in the minutia of each character.

So if Superbot's plan is to add 8 characters and keep everything else identical in the sequel, then it's possible they decided to terminate a third of their staff.

Although if that's their grand plan, they'd be better off just making a different game altogether. Maybe a CTF mode for the next GoW.

I think someone just used reasonable logic on this board.

I tip my hat to you sir!
---
"A woman must not wear mens clothing, nor a man wear womens clothing, for the Lord your God detests anyone who does this"
Deuteronomy 22:5