Just finished every Arcade run on All-star.

#1blaze19_0XPosted 1/27/2013 10:06:17 PM(edited)
And I have to say it was pretty fun and engaging. People that complain that doing all the Arcade runs is too tedious probably do them on normal difficulty where it's far too easy and braindead. After all it's not going to be very fun if you can do whatever you want and still win no matter what.

All-star actually forces you to think and learn a bit about the characters for the most part before being able to finish it successfully.
#2G-ScythePosted 1/27/2013 10:05:45 PM
i only have to complete Toro's. then im done with all the characters i dont like playing as

honestly, the first 3 matches are always boring for me
but i take that time to practice with the character
---
Not changing this sig until I get bored of it - started 8/11/2011
#3dabuzPosted 1/27/2013 10:06:21 PM
I did allstar arcade run with everyone, was not fun ;-;
---
Looking for a competitive hub for Playstation All Stars? Want tournaments and events with CASH PRIZES? Visit this site: http://allstararena.com/
psn: dabuz18
#4taoxadasaPosted 1/27/2013 10:07:02 PM
http://i.imgur.com/Mlpfb.gif
---
Jumping Flash!'s Robbit needs to be in Playstation All-Stars as DLC! Sign the petition for him here:
http://www.petitionbuzz.com/petitions/robbitfirstallstar
#5BluBlue4Posted 1/27/2013 10:10:25 PM
blaze19_0X posted...
And I have to say it was pretty fun and engaging. People that complain that doing all the Arcade runs is too tedious probably do them on normal where it's far too easy and braindead. After all it's not going to be very fun if you can do whatever you want and still win no matter what.

All-star actually forces you to think and learn a bit about the characters for the most part before being able to finish it successfully.

What was the hardest fight for you. Most people say Drakes rival battle with Sly, but I thought that Nariko's final battle was the hardest. I felt like I NEEDED a lv3 to score a kill.

I haven't finished all of the arcade mode yet, laziness and all.
---
For what's it worth, your warning saved me from losing 5 seconds. You're sacrifice will not have been in vain...! - Raycon
#6legendofskylandPosted 1/27/2013 10:17:47 PM
I will always remember my Sir Dan all-star run because it's the only Arcade run where I game over'd on Polygon Man
#7xdifferentxPosted 1/27/2013 10:19:41 PM
was fun for the first 5 or 6 runs.. was dreadful the rest
#8Lucarioaura22Posted 1/27/2013 10:25:22 PM
Arcade is just boring even with characters you never played. Lol don't get this game if you have no way to play online.
---
We do what we must.................
#9blaze19_0X(Topic Creator)Posted 1/28/2013 11:32:28 AM
BluBlue4 posted...
blaze19_0X posted...
And I have to say it was pretty fun and engaging. People that complain that doing all the Arcade runs is too tedious probably do them on normal where it's far too easy and braindead. After all it's not going to be very fun if you can do whatever you want and still win no matter what.

What was the hardest fight for you. Most people say Drakes rival battle with Sly, but I thought that Nariko's final battle was the hardest. I felt like I NEEDED a lv3 to score a kill.

I haven't finished all of the arcade mode yet, laziness and all.

I beat Sly as Drake on the first try. People that think it's hard lack fundamentals. AKA they don't know grabs beat countering and as long as you keep jumping around CPU Sly can pretty much never kill you. Once you realize these two things it becomes fairly simple as long as you are patient.

Hardest for me was probably Parappa's against Spike. I kept trying to go for level 1 reads intead of taking the guaranteed level 2 (which I eventually did use to beat him) and I hadn't learned a lot of his brb so I was fairly unprepared.

Final boss with Nariko was kind of tough but iirc I beat it just with level 1 and 2s. CPUs are pretty bad at landing safely so you can usually catch their landings with raw level 1s. I might have gotten a bit lucky as well.
#10pixel378Posted 1/28/2013 11:55:04 AM
I disagree I still think the story mode was egregious. The computers are just boring to fight, they don't learn from mistakes and enemy tendencies, and go down without a fight in all cases. So the only reason to play would be cutscenes, which are lacking in every way. Intros and outros are pictures, the rivals cutscenes are q0 seconds long and bad quality, making the characters seem like jackasses.

And to top it all off the boss is just executed so badly.

I honestly hope Superbot doesn't make the next game. I have supported the game for a long time on this board, but they just didn't suceed in hindsight. Not only is the character selection just damn lackluster and limited, they realy SHOULD have just copied they ring out system, and added supers as a meter fill power up to add an extra element, not the only way to ko.
---
MGO- Mr. Detroit