Is Sly's lv2 really all that bad?

#1BluBlue4Posted 1/27/2013 11:41:04 PM
Unlike Kratos, Drake, Sackboy, or alot of others he's mobile during the entire lv2. Making him harder to punish on whiff, or getting killed by the enemy teammate that he didn't get to kill.

There's other stuff, too. But, laziness has taken hold.

It's still overshadowed by his lv1/3, I get that.
---
For what's it worth, your warning saved me from losing 5 seconds. You're sacrifice will not have been in vain...! - Raycon
#2Zero_ShamePosted 1/27/2013 11:42:24 PM
Yeah its a waste, you either stay with level 1s or go for level 3s. Its too easily avoidable and very short in duration.
#3jeremy21642Posted 1/27/2013 11:44:32 PM
Its easy to avoid with little effort and like you said the Lv 1/3 are just a better bargain for your AP.
---
"That is not dead which can eternal lie, and with strange aeons even death may die" - H.P Lovecraft
#4blazin640Posted 1/27/2013 11:46:15 PM
its really not that bad. If you use it while next to them, its pretty hard to dodge depending on the stage.
---
There goes my free time
#5AdomasFoxPosted 1/27/2013 11:48:55 PM
I started using the level 2, and at least two of three things happens whenever I do:

1) The opponents do not know how to dodge it because they see it so few times
2) The opponents are in such shock that I used it they become derps and all die
3) The opponents call it overpowered which makes me laugh
---
PS3 Username: Same as this site
#6ArethaiPosted 1/27/2013 11:49:59 PM(edited)
It really isn't very good. Myself and a random Parappa player fought a pretty good Sly earlier. He had no problem getting the AP for his level 2 multiple times, however, he could not get any kills with it.
Had he saved up for his level 3 we definitely would not have won.
#7Bahamut_ShinPosted 1/27/2013 11:50:33 PM
I would not call it bad, but since his lvl 1 and 3 are godly, his lvl 2 seems rather weak. and the reason why, it's because is the only super that need some skill to make it worth.
---
this guy don't speak english!!
#8ThaCMasterPosted 1/27/2013 11:54:47 PM
Bahamut_Shin posted...
I would not call it bad, but since his lvl 1 and 3 are godly, his lvl 2 seems rather weak. and the reason why, it's because is the only super that need some skill to make it worth.

Precisely.
---
PSN ID BigDaddyCMasta
www.thacmaster.proboards50.com
#9BluBlue4(Topic Creator)Posted 1/27/2013 11:55:42 PM
Zero_Shame posted...
Yeah its a waste, you either stay with level 1s or go for level 3s. Its too easily avoidable and very short in duration.

I haven't checked myself, but you can probably combo into it. Most of the kills I've gotten have been from the moment that I activate it while my opponent is in a punishable move. Then you get to try for a 2nd kill when they respawn. Chasing down the opponents is rarely successful, but it's something.
---
For what's it worth, your warning saved me from losing 5 seconds. You're sacrifice will not have been in vain...! - Raycon
#10BluBlue4(Topic Creator)Posted 1/28/2013 12:05:10 AM
Oh.

Good responses. I basically have nothing more to say. Not really sure what else can really be added to the discussion. My topic... is dead.
---