Is this game worth buying?

#1KillTheChildrenPosted 1/28/2013 1:43:48 AM
I was actually excited for this game when I first heard about it, then my interest kind of vanished completely when I saw the cast for the game basically made the title a misnomer. I figured they were going to have a lot of nostalgic characters in the roster but with the best they can manage being Sir Daniel, Ratchet and Clank and Jak and Daxter (Those being the only characters I'd consider Playstation AllStars as well.)

The cast is the main thing that bugs me about this game, I hate how they seem to have simply used characters with games coming out soon (for the time PS:AS was released) like Bioshock's Big Daddy (AND BIOSHOCK WAS ON THE 360 FIRST!?) and Raiden instead of Snake.

Where's my Abe, where's my Crash Bandicoot? A Resident Evil rep? Characters from series that got their legs running on the Playstation 1/2? I can understand Cole and Nathan Drake since they're basically your mascots now Sony but it just feels like a waste not to use more of the countless iconic characters at your disposal.

End Rant

My main question is, as a fighting game, is this game good, does it hold up to the likes of UMvC3, BlazBlue and so on, or is it just a Smash Bros clone?
#2Retroxgamer0Posted 1/28/2013 2:00:42 AM
the developers are inexperienced and basically stated that they wouldnt include such high profile characters unless they knew they could do them justice. they bascially admitted theyre rookies, and wouldnt deal with characters way more iconic than theyll be unless they feel they can do them justice. i think theyre pretty negative but whatever.
#3papermarkisPosted 1/28/2013 8:50:39 AM
Games pretty forgettable and shallow.
#4Charizard18Posted 1/28/2013 8:53:39 AM
lol
---
Who would win, Jedi Charizard or Jedi Jigglypuff?
"I'm a bagel whore" -blazin640
#5RainbowsaurusPosted 1/28/2013 8:54:45 AM
Charizard18 posted...
lol

---
-Not changing this until Emmett Graves is finally released-
Continue?
#6PHEEliNUXPosted 1/28/2013 9:04:19 AM
I enjoyed it for the day i bought it,Don't see myself playing it for too long , It is not as good as BlazBlue or SSBB
---
PSN:PHEEliNUX
#7babiesinoupPosted 1/28/2013 9:06:34 AM
Yeah, it's a damn shame that Sony didnt use all their great classic characters that made the PS1 and 2 great successes.

How could Sony not use Crash, Abe, Resident Evil reps, and everyone else. WTF SONY!
#8ArthurZero12Posted 1/28/2013 9:08:40 AM
It is a great game, a lot of people here are upset over character choices that didn't get in. The game is very solid, please give it a chance.
#9HappyFestivusPosted 1/28/2013 9:14:15 AM(edited)
babiesinoup posted...
Yeah, it's a damn shame that Sony didnt use all their great classic characters that made the PS1 and 2 great successes.

How could Sony not use Crash, Abe, Resident Evil reps, and everyone else. WTF SONY!

they're still working on Abe and expect more DLC Characters in March.
#10BkzUziPosted 1/28/2013 10:41:56 AM
Game is fun if you have friends to play it with.