How I would rebalance every character (with explanations)

#71atopthemountainPosted 1/28/2013 3:12:02 PM
and i disagree for sweetooth

id shorten the length from level 2-3

id make the rocket faster and more tight on turning w a slightly bigger radius.

-sweet tooths level 3 would have no problem if his upper body WAS SOLID and not intangible....fix this and sweet tooth doesnt need any more for his level 3....
-his ground chainsaw should be more useful....it just sucks....reduce startup
- his fire move should be as damaging as radecs flame
-his knives should have better range

i wholeheartedly agree w the giga punch and also feel taht he shouldnt samus aran charge that crap
---
PSN: grau 226
Radec (brother:Sweet tooth)
#72Terotrous(Topic Creator)Posted 1/28/2013 3:25:03 PM
Funumbalist posted...
I dont think that justifies nerfing one of his best tools, especially a tool that is by no means overpowered and has workarounds. You're taking away a huge chunk of his rushdown game to give him another situational confirm.

Counter confirms are good confirms though, and the lack of a way to combo into his level 1 is the #1 problem with him. Also, EWGF would still be quite good, it's still fast and armored, it's just no longer totally safe. It's not like it suddenly becomes useless.

LightEcoSage posted...
Nerfs for Jak? You crazy.

It's one moderate nerf and two big buffs.

Jak is already high or top tier as is, but for all the wrong reasons. This change should allow him to remain good without having to rely on something that basically breaks the game.

atopthemountain posted...

That requires increasing the AP cost for level 2, which doesn't make a lot of sense as it sucks. Or making level 3 cost less, but with the buffs I proposed it would be pretty darn scary.

The main problem with ground chainsaw is that it's insanely weak. It's actually not that slow to come out.

IMO, Fire is mostly there for pinning people down, which it does adequately. If you could pin people into the (now more useful) molotov flame, you could get good damage.
---
http://terosclassicgaming.blogspot.com/ - Watch me beat "GBA Summon Night Swordcraft Story"
http://www.backloggery.com/tero - My backloggery
#73PirateKing290Posted 1/28/2013 3:27:00 PM
I like it.
---
PSN: Weeeler
http://www.youtube.com/user/LPWeewer
#74Terotrous(Topic Creator)Posted 1/30/2013 4:35:36 PM
After playing as Sir Dan a bit more, I have revised my opinions on those buffs. He simply isn't quite as bad as I previously thought, despite having crappy combos and supers, his range is pretty good and he has a few useful tools. He likely doesn't need quite as drastic a buff.

I think something like the following would probably be fine:

Sir Dan:

AP costs reduced to 100 / 350 / 675 (slight cost reduction to level 1 and 2)
Level 2 projectiles move faster
After escaping the level 3 death field, your death timer doesn't reset
---
http://terosclassicgaming.blogspot.com/ - Watch me beat "GBA Summon Night Swordcraft Story"
http://www.backloggery.com/tero - My backloggery
#75atopthemountainPosted 2/1/2013 10:49:12 AM
Terotrous posted...
Funumbalist posted...
I dont think that justifies nerfing one of his best tools, especially a tool that is by no means overpowered and has workarounds. You're taking away a huge chunk of his rushdown game to give him another situational confirm.

Counter confirms are good confirms though, and the lack of a way to combo into his level 1 is the #1 problem with him. Also, EWGF would still be quite good, it's still fast and armored, it's just no longer totally safe. It's not like it suddenly becomes useless.

LightEcoSage posted...
Nerfs for Jak? You crazy.

It's one moderate nerf and two big buffs.

Jak is already high or top tier as is, but for all the wrong reasons. This change should allow him to remain good without having to rely on something that basically breaks the game.

atopthemountain posted...

That requires increasing the AP cost for level 2, which doesn't make a lot of sense as it sucks. Or making level 3 cost less, but with the buffs I proposed it would be pretty darn scary.

The main problem with ground chainsaw is that it's insanely weak. It's actually not that slow to come out.

IMO, Fire is mostly there for pinning people down, which it does adequately. If you could pin people into the (now more useful) molotov flame, you could get good damage.

If your changes were included then yes i agree his AP costs for levels 2 and 3 wouldnt need to be changed.

sweetooths flame thrower can be aimed so thats a plus but it doesnt pin as well as radecs....if it did however he would punish faaaar better than radecs.
---
PSN: grau 226
Radec (brother:Sweet tooth)
#76KindertotenwaldPosted 2/1/2013 10:52:32 AM
This isn't the first time I have seen this, but why do people seem to think tweaking his ice attack in a way he doesn't need (although it wouldn't hurt, a buff is a buff) fix him?

Honestly its the least of his worries.
---
PSASBR: Big Daddy
PSN: Omnisignificance
#77TerraponPosted 2/1/2013 11:06:04 AM
I don't think toro needs that taken away as its hardly useful on most/all stages.
---
xENDERSgotGAMEx (PSN)
#78Myles98Posted 2/1/2013 11:30:25 AM
Kindertotenwald posted...
This isn't the first time I have seen this, but why do people seem to think tweaking his ice attack in a way he doesn't need (although it wouldn't hurt, a buff is a buff) fix him?

Pretty much all of his plasmids need a buff.
And some other things about him.
Poor BD :(
---
Noby Noby Boy for PSASBR
PSN ID: GRANDSCENARIOS
#79KindertotenwaldPosted 2/1/2013 11:33:21 AM
Myles98 posted...
Kindertotenwald posted...

Pretty much all of his plasmids need a buff.
And some other things about him.
Poor BD :(

Honestly I would only change the ice plasmid the rest are fine imo.
If Electro Bolt was to be given a range buff it would need a stun buff aswell.
---
PSASBR: Big Daddy
PSN: Omnisignificance
#80ZanooooPosted 2/1/2013 11:45:05 AM
The major problems with big daddy is he's too slow, and most of his attacks are unsafe on block. I think the only thing that isn't unsafe might be, D1 and N1, N3, iirc?

Also he's not very threatening up close for being a character that SHOULD BE THREATENING UP CLOSE. Evil cole(not to mention cole's amazing long range game as well) and raiden do a much better job of that...which makes no sense to me considering that's what big daddy seems to be designed to be.

I honestly think they should of worked in his rivet gun to give him a projectile, should of been his triangle move, and his square could of been drill moves. He could of had a machine gun, a spear gun, grenades and mines. Would of made his tech chase game bloody amazing combined with ice.
---
Gamertag: WhereIsMegaman
PSN: WhereIsProtoman