Who should develop the sequel?

#41Chzrm3Posted 1/29/2013 12:56:44 PM
blaze19_0X posted...
SSBR10 posted...
blaze19_0X posted...

No, just no.

A lot of the problems in this game have absolutely nothing to do with budget.

This game needs a massive overhaul, it's not "oh let's nerf X character's AP gain" and suddenly the game is perfect. The game has several fundamental issues and they were intentional design choices.

Superbot just doesn't get it and they've proven it time and time again. They don't deserve a second chance. I want the next game to actually be successful.

Oh sure, let's hold an independent company's first game against them and not let them do anything else. *sarcasm*

Gosh, people can be so cruel nowadays.

They can do someting else.

They can do the capture the flag game they were initially working on or move on to Heavenly Sword 2.

That way when/if those games flop no one will care.

XD I laughed way harder than I should have.

They probably will do that CTF game. I wonder if all the people they fired were the fighting game experts they'd hired when they shifted from "CTF game" to "PSASBR".
---
If I haven't mentioned Trivio in my post, it's because she is so beautiful and precarious that I just wanted to show her how much she means to me.
#42SSBR10Posted 1/29/2013 1:01:09 PM
blaze19_0X posted...

They can do the capture the flag game they were initially working on or move on to Heavenly Sword 2.

Or they could just do the sequel, which makes more sense.
---
Little Mac, Mega Man, Travis Touchdown for Super Smash Bros. 4.
Street Fighter x Mortal Kombat, Shonen Jump vs. Capcom please.
#43Chzrm3Posted 1/29/2013 1:10:53 PM
SSBR10 posted...
blaze19_0X posted...

If this game had sold millions of copies and was a remarkable success, that'd make sense. But it really wouldn't make much sense for Superbot to make the sequel when their first game fell on its face.

I understand what people are saying, about how companies can learn from their mistakes and all that... but again, these things aren't 'mistakes', they're deliberate design decisions that messed up a formula for success that was practically foolproof.

Even post-launch, they've shown us that they really haven't learned. After all the feedback and roster suggestions that they've been inundated with, who do they pick for the initial DLC? Emmett Graves. -_-

Picking Kat was cool, but even that makes no sense. The Vita's audience is so shriveled up anyway that you're catering to an incredibly small market.

So they spend months making free DLC, to what end?

This is why Superbot, unfortunately, is in a hole right now. There's a lack of critical thinking when it comes to their decisions and their game's design. They need to have a guy who's overseeing everything that says "wait a minute, wait a minute - Starhawk bombed, why do we care about adding that character?"
---
If I haven't mentioned Trivio in my post, it's because she is so beautiful and precarious that I just wanted to show her how much she means to me.
#44SSBR10Posted 1/29/2013 1:54:32 PM
Didn't they say that the game's sells met their expectations?

Also, how can you say that whatever mistakes they made were deliberate? Nobody WANTS their game have flaws and get criticisms for it. It's best to just wait for the sequel, which is highly likely to be an improvement.

You also gotta keep in mind that they have to use whoever they can. Maybe Emmet Graves was the only character available? Besides, I heard Starhawk's got good reviews so why bother looking at just the sells? And you know as well as I do that fans have been wanting Kat for this game so yeah, it makes sense if you're talking about fan suggestions. After all, Gravity Rush seems to be a popular game for the Vita.

People fussing over fan-requested characters can't forget that this game was in development and likely had at least most of their characters set before fans started requesting them. Therefore, you can't be too mad at them for that. Just wait for next time because at least you'll be more prepared to suggest who you want.
---
Little Mac, Mega Man, Travis Touchdown for Super Smash Bros. 4.
Street Fighter x Mortal Kombat, Shonen Jump vs. Capcom please.
#45BigPewDiePiePosted 2/2/2013 10:31:25 AM
WeeScotty posted...
MediumMcCoy posted...
Charizard18 posted...
SmallSpock posted...
Felix "PewDiePie" Kjellberg.

---
Fact of the day: Pewdiepie is responsible for everything righteous and pure in the world.
#46RoboDaleGribblePosted 2/5/2013 10:20:20 PM
Topic now relevant.
#47pixel378(Topic Creator)Posted 2/5/2013 10:22:48 PM
RoboDaleGribble posted...
Topic now relevant.

It was always relevent, some people just have a little more foresight than others. I thought it was pretty obvious superbutt was a goner, but a lot of people here didn't think so lol.
---
MGO- Mr. Detroit
#48blazin640Posted 2/5/2013 10:40:25 PM
Chzrm3 posted...
SSBR10 posted...
blaze19_0X posted...

If this game had sold millions of copies and was a remarkable success, that'd make sense. But it really wouldn't make much sense for Superbot to make the sequel when their first game fell on its face.

I understand what people are saying, about how companies can learn from their mistakes and all that... but again, these things aren't 'mistakes', they're deliberate design decisions that messed up a formula for success that was practically foolproof.

Even post-launch, they've shown us that they really haven't learned. After all the feedback and roster suggestions that they've been inundated with, who do they pick for the initial DLC? Emmett Graves. -_-

Picking Kat was cool, but even that makes no sense. The Vita's audience is so shriveled up anyway that you're catering to an incredibly small market.

So they spend months making free DLC, to what end?

This is why Superbot, unfortunately, is in a hole right now. There's a lack of critical thinking when it comes to their decisions and their game's design. They need to have a guy who's overseeing everything that says "wait a minute, wait a minute - Starhawk bombed, why do we care about adding that character?"

I hate the world we live in where we have character bais. Who gives a crap? More dlc is dlc. You don't like a character, don't blame Superbot when they couldn't get someone else, blame the companies. You should be thanking them for even giving us dlc despite how ungrateful most of you act.
---
There goes my free time
#49co1onelPosted 2/5/2013 10:45:36 PM
There's not going to be a sequel. I'm not trying to be pessimistic or anything, its just clearly not happening at this point.
---
PSN: Co1onel-225
https://www.youtube.com/user/TheCoIonel - http://i.minus.com/iVXYeO2wiU3WC.gif
#50Jon_GodPosted 2/6/2013 5:12:16 AM
Santa Monica + Naughty Dog.

ftw.
---
PS3 Fan, but doesn't mind other systems. PSN: Jon_God, XBL: Ernie the Bear
http://savemgo.com/forums/