So I faced Heroicmoises and Silver today...

#31TUSMEnterprisesPosted 1/29/2013 4:17:56 AM
In ranked, people play to win. This is how it's always been, and if they want to run once they get a lead, so be it. Honestly, I don't think they have to resort to that, but it's all strategy at the end of the day.
---
PSN: TUSMBOX - Alt: SplookenNuggets
Official Dodge Viper of the GT5 Boards.
#32webbc99Posted 1/29/2013 4:53:17 AM
blaze19_0X posted...
That's why timed is not a viable competitive mode for this game.

There's literally no reason to approach if there's only a bit of time left and you have a slight lead. Just air camp it out and you are probably guaranteed a victory.

It should be stock/kill limt with a long timer (to ensure matches don't last literally forever). That's how it's done in every other fighting game.

This, a thousand times this.
---
PSN: Toastie88 | XBL: Griever88 | Steam: webbc99
Playing: World of Warcraft, Guild Wars 2, PSASBR
#33CrabhammarPosted 1/29/2013 5:00:46 AM
Silver and Heroic got the lead and held it for the rest of the match.

What's the problem here?
---
Sent from my iPhone via PowerFAQs 1.9... if you use PowerFAQs, ask me how to change your quoting style STAT!
PSN: Bluechacho
#34Lucarioaura22Posted 1/29/2013 5:46:52 AM
Crabhammar posted...

What's the problem here?

He claims we ran but we just avoided his cake spam lol we still fought the Sly (his partner). Let me break it down in my native tongue.

Moises and I decided to roll up at the 2v2 Ranked spot cause my homie only trusts me when it comes down to going undefeated in ranked. We slayed all them ni........dudes who opposed us and it was mad chill. We ran into crashbfan and xx lakeshow xx, the two punk ragequitters who usually run from ya boy. Once the map loaded, we saw crash had good corners to spam cake from and hide in so we knew it was going down! I got the rifle out wit ya boy Jak but crash was up high in the corner trying to harass our squad with all them traps. It was a boring fight but I shut em down with the neutral triangle and with 30 seconds left, I level 2'd his desperate attempt at jetpacking to level 3 and by then he knew is was a wrap dawg so he tried to get revenge with his level 2 but I gave em the slip and he was madder den a ______
It's all good, I do it for my hood like a real ninja should! Ya boy lucario is out and needs sleep -_-
---
We do what we must.................
#35CrabhammarPosted 1/29/2013 5:53:29 AM
Lucarioaura22 posted...
Crabhammar posted...

What's the problem here?

He claims we ran but we just avoided his cake spam lol we still fought the Sly (his partner). Let me break it down in my native tongue.

Moises and I decided to roll up at the 2v2 Ranked spot cause my homie only trusts me when it comes down to going undefeated in ranked. We slayed all them ni........dudes who opposed us and it was mad chill. We ran into crashbfan and xx lakeshow xx, the two punk ragequitters who usually run from ya boy. Once the map loaded, we saw crash had good corners to spam cake from and hide in so we knew it was going down! I got the rifle out wit ya boy Jak but crash was up high in the corner trying to harass our squad with all them traps. It was a boring fight but I shut em down with the neutral triangle and with 30 seconds left, I level 2'd his desperate attempt at jetpacking to level 3 and by then he knew is was a wrap dawg so he tried to get revenge with his level 2 but I gave em the slip and he was madder den a ______
It's all good, I do it for my hood like a real ninja should! Ya boy lucario is out and needs sleep -_-

*applause*
10/10
---
Sent from my iPhone via PowerFAQs 1.9... if you use PowerFAQs, ask me how to change your quoting style STAT!
PSN: Bluechacho
#36PrismsbladePosted 1/29/2013 6:06:46 AM
Camping till time runs out is a legit tactic for all fighters......not cheap, or cowardly.
---
Its commonly known on Gamefaqs that if anything is more evident than proven facts, its personal opinions.
#37ManuKesnaPosted 1/29/2013 7:54:35 AM
IcyFlamez96 posted...
ManuKesna posted...
Who?

Non-regular confirmed.

I am regular enough to know who lumi/bigkahn is and to know that this board always post silly and dumb stuff like unfunny fad topics
---
PSN: Manu-Kesna
GT: ManuKesna
#38blaze19_0XPosted 1/29/2013 8:26:04 AM(edited)
Terotrous posted...
blaze19_0X posted...
That's why timed is not a viable competitive mode for this game.

There's literally no reason to approach if there's only a bit of time left and you have a slight lead. Just air camp it out and you are probably guaranteed a victory.

Uhh, laming it out when you have the lead is a major component of most fighting games. It's a big part of every SF and SFxT, and is also fairly prominent in some KoF games.

That's not to say that this game doesn't have a problem with air camping, but the concept of backing off and sitting on a lead (especially if time is almost out) is very legitimate.

1. Timeouts are very uncommon in SF4. Yes, it's a problem with SFxT. That's one of the reasons why the majority of the FGC hates SFxT.

2. Of course it's a part of every fighting game. I never denied this as I play other fighters. The difference is here you can ONLY win once times up so it encourages the timeout strategy by nature. Also it's FAR easier to sit on leads and go for timeouts in this game than any other. Even easier than with Meta-Knight in Brawl and that's saying something.
#39Camjo_ZPosted 1/29/2013 8:31:01 AM
Running away is a valid tactic. It's only cheap when you try to score a quick kill early on and then run and hide with characters like Sly/Toro/Sackboy for the rest of of the match. Which is another reason why I question making ranked matches Time-only, it promotes that kind of gameplay.

That said, let's be honest here - if Heroicmoises didn't main Sly, he probably wouldn't be #1 right now. There's only so far skill can take you, and Sly carries him the rest of the way.
#40TerotrousPosted 1/29/2013 8:39:45 AM
blaze19_0X posted...
1. Timeouts are very uncommon in SF4.

They're uncommon but matches that come close to timeouts (ie, where the clock is a factor) are not uncommon. The reason the actual timeout rarely occurs is because the clock forces the losing player to attack recklessly and they get killed for it.

Yes, it's a problem with SFxT. That's one of the reasons why the majority of the FGC hates SFxT.

The majority of the FGC are also frauds who claim to know all about SFxT's metagame even though they've never played it. Most high-level players or actual SFxT players praised the fact that SFxT's timer keeps the match moving by forcing the losing player to get in there and create offense.

But for all "SFxTimeouts" fans out there, in version 2013 (which came out yesterday), timeouts are virtually nonexistent because you no longer recover health when tagged out. Most matches end in 30 seconds now at most.

2. Of course it's a part of every fighting game. I never denied this as I play other fighters. The difference is here you can ONLY win once times up so it encourages the timeout strategy by nature. Also it's FAR easier to sit on leads and go for timeouts in this game than any other. Even easier than with Meta-Knight in Brawl and that's saying something.

Sure, I'm down for timed stock in 1v1 / 2v2, that's also what I play in Smash. But for FFA, obviously Time is the only viable ruleset (Stock and Kill Limit FFA are both lulzy).
---
http://terosclassicgaming.blogspot.com/ - Watch me beat "GBA Summon Night Swordcraft Story"
http://www.backloggery.com/tero - My backloggery