superbot is really taking baby steps with their patches

#1Retroxgamer0Posted 1/29/2013 9:07:26 AM(edited)
all of the changes theyve made are good so far, its just that there arent enough of them. through both patches all ive been thinking is...wow thats a good start... a good start..thats it. they fixed only the most broken of broken things, but they still havent made a single real balance patch that addressed the balancing issues between the characters. drake is still way too good, nariko is way too lousy, jaks are still going only for lvl3s..wheres the balance? when are they going to DO something, or are they not taking their game seriously? do they realize that people wont stick around? there are big games coming out soon..as soon as febuary.
#2SelitePosted 1/29/2013 9:08:31 AM
Thats the best way, don't change too much at once.
---
"A woman must not wear mens clothing, nor a man wear womens clothing, for the Lord your God detests anyone who does this"
Deuteronomy 22:5
#3Retroxgamer0(Topic Creator)Posted 1/29/2013 9:12:01 AM
thats bull, they can change something like drakes lvl1 to give it less of an arc, when other characters like jak or nariko only hit one small spot with the same super. the changes they can make are quite obvious, ive even seen people on this board come up with some good ideas and you guys are not game developers. they should have this ready right now.
#4xXxSuQingXinxXxPosted 1/29/2013 9:22:41 AM
I agree.

Superbot is showing their developmental inexperience very well with the post-release support of this game...
---
PSN: Su-Qing-Xin
I like to play video games.
#5blazin640Posted 1/29/2013 9:39:54 AM
When do you ever see a big name company just throw out patches when they want? Plus most of the time Sony takes forever to approve patches.

In other words, there are a lot of factors we don't know. You bought the game from a new team that is small. You should at least expect this.
---
There goes my free time
#6flame030191Posted 1/29/2013 9:41:34 AM
I'm waiting for Retro to sell his copy and troll the board for months. Seriously, if anyone here does this, it will probably be him.
---
PSN ID: Troll_Face_Flame (formerly armyflame) X360 gamertag: ArmyFlame9
The more people post on GameFaqs, the more I lose faith in humanity.
#7Retroxgamer0(Topic Creator)Posted 1/29/2013 10:07:53 AM
no im not selling my copy ever, i play a whole bunch
#8Spidex3000Posted 1/29/2013 10:23:58 AM
I think you're feeling a little too entitled, balancing takes a lot of work, I feel like for the most part superbot just scours the board finding what people are complaining about in the game, they're new, cut them some slack. Fighting games never have been/aren't supposed to be balanced perfectly, that's what makes them fun. I feel good beating somebody when they have a bit of an advantage over me. I understand stuff like drake's barrel, you can guarantee that patch will be fixed, but you have to know when a super is going to work the best, you just need a new strategy. Idk, I'm really enjoying the game despite the flaws. That's just me.
---
PSN/XBL:Spidex3000