What does superBot have against cartoony characters?

#1Big_KrikPosted 1/29/2013 9:31:43 AM
Look at the Sackboy nerf--reduction in AP gain and increase in AP costs--and now look at the Raiden nerf (only fixes an exploit), Drake nerf (only fixes an exploit), and Kratos nerf (nerfs his worst move).

And they also have the audacity to say that Heihachi and Dante need a buff over Jak and Sir Dan!?!
#2mariofilho12Posted 1/29/2013 9:52:38 AM
Big_Krik posted...
Look at the Sackboy nerf--reduction in AP gain and increase in AP costs--and now look at the Raiden nerf (only fixes an exploit), Drake nerf (only fixes an exploit), and Kratos nerf (nerfs his worst move).

And they also have the audacity to say that Heihachi and Dante need a buff over Jak and Sir Dan!?!

While I agree with you on the fact that Jak and Sir Dan need buffs and that nerfs to Kratos
and Raiden are also necessary, I disagree with you on pretty much everything else.

Sackboy needed a nerf, because his camping game was way too strong, even compared to Radec's

Dante could do well with some balancing, because his offensive game is pretty weak due to most of his moves being unsafe on block/whiff (Though recent dante tech has helped to amend this) and this game mostly relies on your character having a strong offensive game, making him less viable then most of the characters so far considered top tier.

I can't say much for heihachi, but I might also agree with you, as I've played a little bit with him and I feel his is in an Ok spot

Also I do not think that Drake is as much of a problem as the obvious trio (Sly/Raiden/Kratos), and I think he is mostly balanced besides the obvious ridiculously safe and difficult to punish run-n-gun loop that they just removed, although some further balancing wouldn't be too bad, I still think he is fine where he is

The fact that you also completely neglected the fact that there were no nerfs to sly (Considered Overpowered by a large margin of the community and also a cartoony character) makes your BS conspiracy theory that Superbot for some reason does not like cartoony characters unfounded
---
This guy is a jerk : http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/user.php?board
#3AndKevinBaconPosted 1/29/2013 10:09:53 AM
Omar's brother was killed by a toon.
#4antking61Posted 1/29/2013 10:36:01 AM
AndKevinBacon posted...

Dropped a piano on his head.
---
Hoo Haa!!! I has Signature!!!
#5Retroxgamer0Posted 1/29/2013 11:31:57 AM
Big_Krik posted...

they didnt actually say that, they just namedropped them when they discussed buffs. they didnt say other characters dont need help. they did stress that sir dans fine though. they didnt say CRAP about jak.
#6Retroxgamer0Posted 1/29/2013 11:32:30 AM
also sly is cartoony and hes amazing, so there.
#7Bahamut_ShinPosted 1/29/2013 12:52:31 PM
Retroxgamer0 posted...
also sly is cartoony and hes amazing, so there.

and he is getting a nerf
---
this guy don't speak english!!
#8Chzrm3Posted 1/29/2013 1:02:06 PM
antking61 posted...
AndKevinBacon posted...

Dropped a piano on his head.

LOL, I'm gonna have to watch that again now.
---
If I haven't mentioned Trivio in my post, it's because she is so beautiful and precarious that I just wanted to show her how much she means to me.