is sackboy the best counter for drake?

#1Retroxgamer0Posted 1/29/2013 2:15:43 PM(edited)
what i do is air dodge the level 1 super, block the ak47 chain, reflect the barrels and grenades, and play fairly offensively, and use mainly lvl1 supers, and throw out projectiles often. i seem to do very well against drake with him. am i doin it right? also i like that sackboy has the ak go over his head on flat planes. i have trouble with drakes lvl2 counter super though, thats hard to deal with. he simply can throw you into it too.

what character do you feel really counters drake?
#2DBRBPosted 1/29/2013 2:17:21 PM
sir dan > any projectile fighter.
---
The official Drake, Toro, and Sir Daniel of the PSABR boards.
#3PrismsbladePosted 1/29/2013 2:18:52 PM
Uh......skill....lol
---
Its commonly known on Gamefaqs that if anything is more evident than proven facts, its personal opinions.
#4Retroxgamer0(Topic Creator)Posted 1/29/2013 2:44:31 PM
sir dan? he doesnt have any reflects so i think sackboy is better off, also his supers are kindve harder to hit. he does have the axe projectile though for range. drake has pretty good range
#5jump__0Posted 1/29/2013 2:45:44 PM
nariko has a counter reflect and I know you like using her so go for it.
---
power of friendship one shots everything. - DarkHeroZX
#6Retroxgamer0(Topic Creator)Posted 1/29/2013 2:47:58 PM(edited)
i love using nariko, im just tired of getting owned and toyed with :( sometimes she feels like a joke character.
#7DBRBPosted 1/29/2013 3:02:29 PM
Retroxgamer0 posted...
sir dan? he doesnt have any reflects so i think sackboy is better off, also his supers are kindve harder to hit. he does have the axe projectile though for range. drake has pretty good range

sir dan's shield plus sir dan shield glitch = 380 ap per hit.

heck, sir dan's shield alone gives 80ap.
---
The official Drake, Toro, and Sir Daniel of the PSABR boards.
#8DopplesPosted 1/29/2013 3:10:08 PM
Good Narikos that know how to properly abuse her discus throw and her air up square will do really well against Drake, actually. That projectile beats every single one of his zoning options, and allows you to approach with air up triangle. His only reliable anti-air move is his grenade launcher, which isn't all that great because the hitbox on the grenades makes it easy to dodge.
---
PSN: TheFinestBrew
Looking to improve my MvC3 game, would like advice from anyone who wants to give it.
#9Retroxgamer0(Topic Creator)Posted 1/29/2013 3:23:16 PM
Dopples posted...
Good Narikos that know how to properly abuse her discus throw and her air up square will do really well against Drake, actually. That projectile beats every single one of his zoning options, and allows you to approach with air up triangle. His only reliable anti-air move is his grenade launcher, which isn't all that great because the hitbox on the grenades makes it easy to dodge.

air up square does put them in the air, but if you do a downward aerial dodge, then you cant follow up on it.
#10DopplesPosted 1/29/2013 3:43:26 PM
Retroxgamer0 posted...
Dopples posted...

air up square does put them in the air, but if you do a downward aerial dodge, then you cant follow up on it.

That's fine. The point of abusing air up square is to make him respect your space. It'll make his barrels explode away from her, and all of his other options are too slow to stop her from abusing his space.
---
PSN: TheFinestBrew
Looking to improve my MvC3 game, would like advice from anyone who wants to give it.